BOTM 99 (Louis) First Spoiler - 1AD

I checked my game...

Turns out I had 5 cities at the time of Oracle:

-Capital (founded on plains hill)
-3W of capital (to share 3 resources)
-Fur city south of capital (crappy city, but I was desperate for the extra happy face.)
-about 7 W of capital on desert (which I later found out had Iron) for two seafood + deer
-At jungled horse (my explorer missed unjungled horse until later, so it was founded as city 7, 700 BC; after Oracle)

Someone asked when I planned to attack Bizmark. As I said, Thebes should fall in 7 turns. Then, probably 3 turns for the Army to heal, and it is about 15 turns movement from Thebes to Hamburg, so T 115 + 25 = 140 at the earliest (without maces yet, it depends on what I find there).

If you're lucky he'll still only have archers. He did in my game, and I warred much like you did; first Hatty, then the march to Bismarck. The march was faster in my case, though, as I had chariots and some HAs.

5 cities and still get so deep with the Oracle is impressive indeed, especially on a map with so little commerce. I must have done a lot of wrong, because I didn't dare to settle the fourth city, the unjungled horse, until after I had secured the Oracle. Though, to be fair, I originally planned to tech Math and Oracle Currency, but didn't chance that and went for MC instead (so just needed Writing), which probably means I could have got away with a 4th city afterall.

Wish my opening was stronger, not least realising there are NO BARBS on this map... grrr... because it's a little depressing to read about all these great games and then sit with barely 100 beakers myself, and a crashed economy to boot.

I'm playing this one. I chose to SIP.

I got the north, horse-filled land to squeeze Hatty to 3 cities. I DoW'd her for worker steal, but then left her alone to become Friendly (shared religion and civic). Gotta have a tech trade partner and she can tech surprisingly fast with 3 cities.

Beelined Alpha and bulbed Math. Using Mids to research.

WT in da hizzy!

Nice, the all-time CIV master has joined the competition :) . Already noticed, that it was stupid from me, to not Workersteal on Emperor. I probably could have gotten peace without building a single unit, I think even on Immortal it was possible to easily get peace after workerstealing, unlike on Deity, where AI will either crush you with an Archer-rush or where getting Alpha or get The Great Mediator event are basically the only option, at least unless one is able to steal 3-4 Workers, plays with AGG-AI or luckily beats two Scouts or Archers.

Top Bottom