Botwawki 3

Alright, seems like my knowledge of Fallout lore is a bit rusty. That answers my questions (although makes me think about a BOTWAWKI game in a Soviet post-nuclear setting in the same universe... but hey, I've gotta stay focused).

My application:

Faction Name: The Machabees
Leader Name: Dr. Simon Flaks
Leader Profession: Doctor
Starting Location: Boca Raton, FL Palm Beach Gardens, FL
Leader Background: Before the Last War, the Flaks were a regular Jewish family of Central-European origin living as a part the Boca Raton shtetl (Jewish community). When the war came, Simon's grandfather, David, quickly rose to leadership thanks to his organizational, inspirational, and last but not least, medical skills (which is most impressive for a doctor in a community where every fourth member was a doctor). Over decades of hardship, the Flaks' family leadership became hereditary, as they proved most successful at passing the full extent of their medical knowledge from father to son. Today, Simon Flaks is a relatively inexperienced leader, having succeeded his father Joshua just over a year ago.
Origins: Survivors
Capital Type: Settlement
Background: Boca Raton, FL was historically known for its tight Jewish community. After the Last War, shtetl Jews organized themselves in an industrious survivalist commune (a kibbutz) that proved more successful that other improvised groups of survivors thanks to the ingenuity of its inhabitants and a common cultural bond between them. After a while, the Machabees' kibbutz (known as Samaria) cautiously opened its gates to non-local immigrants and started to look outward to the Greater Wasteland.

@Ahigin: Just so you're aware, you'll be starting literally right on top of thomas.berubeg with a Boca Raton start.

The Bartow Chem Dogs
POW! Right in The Fusion Core! - Chem Dog Motto

Faction Name: The Bartow Chem Dogs ; The Bartow Raiderz ; The Bartow Looter Confederacy ; Partyrow
Leader Name: Dr. Bill 'Prez. Pzycho' Crowley
Leader Profession: Doctor
Starting Location: Walmart Supercenter - Bartow, FL
Leader Background: Young Billy was born into a commune of post-war farmers centered around Bartow. Eeking out a miserable existence at the mercy of raiders and other monstrous entities of the sunshine wasteland, he rose to new heights with his excelling interest and knowledge of medicine. Having read several books, including a series of risky experiments followed by a natural nick for practicing medicine, he managed to perfect the art of manufacturing chems. Anything from the addictive Jet to the life-saving Stims. Nothing was outside his grasp. Eventually, he managed to enthrall the raiders (and later the farming community itself) with his growing supply of narcotics. Everyone wanted a piece of his goods, and he provided, as sure as they did as he commanded - and understood who was the baddest boss in town. Bill now reigns as the "Prez" of Bartow, hosting depraved orgy parties at his base, Partyrow, whilst sending out hordes of his drug-hyped raiders to get more booze, more caps, more slaves, and more desperates seeking to improve their lives.
Origins: Tribal Nomads
Capital Type: Settlement - "Partyrow" (Shantytown build around, on-top and within the carcass of the pre-war shopping mall)
Background: wip​

They don't look very.....big? or Egyptian? Is there a way I can have an alt history park that sprang up between 2016 and the Great War, or have a pyramid constructed after the war by my people?

Oh, my bad. Let's move the Samaria kibbutz up north to Palm Beach Gardens, FL. Close enough, but not too crammed.

I had considered PBG as well... My old job (the private jet one) was there. It's a giant manicured golf course.

@Zappericus: Something in downtown Tampa really couldn't qualify as a "settlement." Settlements imply a newly constructed town typically in a rural area. Your case would be an Urban Ruin by every definition.

@nuke: If you can find a big, open, rural area that isn't already used for something, a new theme park could be arranged, but there really isn't a lot of space for it. A post-war scrap metal pyramid is certainly possible, but not a stone one, as Florida is not exactly known for its stone reserves.

@Zappericus: Something in downtown Tampa really couldn't qualify as a "settlement." Settlements imply a newly constructed town typically in a rural area. Your case would be an Urban Ruin by every definition.

Yeah, I realized whilst mucking about with areas to settle. Apologies :,)

What about now? A settlement made within the Ben Hill Griffin Stadium in Gainesville, FL. Basically a raider-version of Diamond City.

@EQ, what about in Georgia? Maybe near Waycross or something? Georgia has some good stone I think?

@nuke: I think your best bet would be near Albany in Georgia to still be on the map and have stone pyramids.

How soon will update 0 happen, its either this or the Harry Potter castle >_>

Going to post Update 0 Friday I think. This time around, going to try to relearn how to do updates on my days off.

Faction Name: Romero's Roving Reavers of Rust
Leader Name: Ralph Romero (by now there's enough Rs, no?)
Leader Profession: Adventurer
Starting Location: Springfield, Jacksonville
Leader Background: The foreman of the shift when the nukes fell, he is the one who founded the faction. Around him, ghouls and humans alike rallied around.
Origins: Survivors
Capital Type: Urban Ruin
Background: The deadly nuclear exchange that ended USA found the members of would be now the Romero's Roving Reavers of Rust in their usual workplace - the North Florida shipyard. The deadly radiation released by the nukes cursed them to live in a cruel mockery, as ghouls. But perhaps not all was so bad. They had pre-War knowledge of what to scavenge in the dead ruins of the lost world, something not everyone can say.

@SouthernKing: You got the same vault that DuneBear did last time. The vault where everything is automated and done by robots and the population does no real work. So you get a lot of robots and a higher population (because people tend to get bored) and no weapons or ammo.

@EQ:

These are recently established settlements which have established new civilization. You can only begin in one of these in a region that is not extensively urban. These are typically able to feed and water themselves, but rarely have any starting weapons or otherwise. They also start with a relatively large number of people as compared to other starting sites.
Settlements are listed as producing food and water but the stats do not indicate any. Is something off?

In this version of the rules, you will have to dedicate population to gathering food and water. Settlements have an easier time collecting said food and water than do Urban Ruins, Bunkers, or Vaults. The level of fertility of the region will also affect the amount of food and water collected. Only communities with automated collection systems such as Farming Equipment, Water Stations, or the base Vault-Tec sustenance systems, will automatically produce food and water per turn without the dedication of population to the task.

No, orders are not required for Update 0.

So, every turn, we'll have to specifically mention "x pops should be harvesting food/water"?

Sounds thrilling.

EDIT: come to iotchat so that we can bother you with stupid questions

Top Bottom