Brazilian Musketmen

JTitan

Warlord
Brazilian Cabo Frio Musketman
Brazilian Pretos Ferros Musketman

I have created these two units in response to an upcomming Brazil mod. The Cabo Frio unit has a little seperation in the shoulders when they move their arms in idle mode but other than that works fine. The Pretos Ferros has no problems that I am aware of. Both units are from the Rio De Janeiro region so can be used for the Rio De Janeiro minor civ.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=20102

cabofrio.jpg 2012-09-13 BrazilCaboFrio.jpg 2012-09-13_BrazilCaboFrio(back).jpg

pretos_forros.jpg 2012-09-15_BrazilPretosForros.jpg 2012-09-15_BrazilPretosForros(back).jpg

Really beautiful!

Thank you JTitan, we are really gonna use this in the mod!

Sorry to resurrect a thread from so long ago, but since the BrazilCaboFrio folder doesn't include an .fxsxml file, which file should I use as the <Model> in the unit art defines? The BrazilCaboFrio.fxsxml.xml?

3rd sorry for forum recall but what about a new UU for Brasil, instead of Pracinhas, the Bandeirantes? Musketmans focused for exploration of the map and resources?? Using the green musketman of this mod??

Brazilian Cabo Frio Musketman
Brazilian Pretos Ferros Musketman

I have created these two units in response to an upcomming Brazil mod. The Cabo Frio unit has a little seperation in the shoulders when they move their arms in idle mode but other than that works fine. The Pretos Ferros has no problems that I am aware of. Both units are from the Rio De Janeiro region so can be used for the Rio De Janeiro minor civ.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=20102

View attachment 331295 View attachment 331298 View attachment 331288

View attachment 331294 View attachment 331299 View attachment 331289

Thanks for sharing !

I just realized now that the image's filename says "Pretos Forros" instead of "Pretos Ferros". The former makes much more sense in this context (it translates to "Freed Blacks", whereas the latter would mean something like "Irons Blacks").

Old topic, but would it be possible for someone to make the Cabo Frio one teamcoloured? Thanks.

It isn't particularly easy if you don't have Photoshop though.

If you read the tutorial it mentions that you can use GIMP or Paint.NET which are both free. :)

If you read the tutorial it mentions that you can use GIMP or Paint.NET which are both free. :)

I actually got Photoshop shortly after I posted that, but couldn't even understand the instructions in the tutorial, nor could the program open or save .dds files (none of the plugins to fix that problem worked either).
And while I had Paint.NET prior to that, the tutorial offers no explicit instructions on how to do it in that program, so I didn't get very far there either.

I just gave up, essentially.

I assume you want the green to be the teamcolor bit. Did you want the red bit to be another color, maybe black to minimize clashing? (unfortunately, teamcolor only applies the primary color; there's no method for the secondary color)

I assume you want the green to be the teamcolor bit. Did you want the red bit to be another color, maybe black to minimize clashing? (unfortunately, teamcolor only applies the primary color; there's no method for the secondary color)
Green? I think you're referring to the Pretos Forros, but I want the white-coated gentlemen. :D

Anyway, the white coat being team coloured alone would be fine, maybe the upper parts of the legs too, if possible. Thanks. :)

Green? I think you're referring to the Pretos Forros
Sorry, I was indeed referring to the wrong one, but you still didn't answer the question I was trying to ask. In any event, I've done both units both ways (i.e., making additional versions with the red accents darkened). Find the dds files attached.

Attachments

• BrazilMusketmen_teamcolor.zip
    95.4 KB · Views: 64
Sorry, I was indeed referring to the wrong one, but you still didn't answer the question I was trying to ask. In any event, I've done both units both ways (i.e., making additional versions with the red accents darkened). Find the dds files attached.

Thank you so much, they look gorgeous :goodjob:

And as for colour clashing and contrasting, I don't think it really mattered, both red and black look fine. :)

Top Bottom