Breeland Mafia Game Thread

Thing is, KM, rereading you it all seems to fit. You stuck with your vote on Double A even once it became clear that Zack was a better choice if we were going to lynch an orc. You expressed suspicion of Lassie, but it was soft, and you kept pushing for others to be lynched instead.

Also, and perhaps more importantly, the graverobber bit answers how the cult aren't totally outgunned here. If you had waited and taken Kennigit's ability, you'd have been in a very strong position.

If you have been framed here, I'm afraid you're the perfect patsy.

If the Gondorians and orcs are convertible, we're likely sunk no matter what, and al has no reason to lie. vote: KingMorgan

That is... actually worryingly plausible. What if the Gondorians and Orcs can be converted? That would explain how we haven't seen any other Cultists yet and why Double A made such odd kill choices or why Al's been acting so weird. It might just be a tinfoil theory, but I can't really disregard it completely.

For now, Unvote: Autolycus, you're probably not the cult leader. Or maybe you are.

Gah. This is... weird.

and you didn't tell me he was the town doctor

Of course I didn't. How did you think it would go? "Hey, AA, I know you want to kill me, and have a reason and ability to do so. To make it easier for you, here's the name of a nice person who's protecting me every night."

The problem is that atheotes was not even mentioned as a potential target. So it's all on you and Mat.

That is... actually worryingly plausible. What if the Gondorians and Orcs can be converted? That would explain how we haven't seen any other Cultists yet and why Double A made such odd kill choices or why Al's been acting so weird. It might just be a tinfoil theory, but I can't really disregard it completely.

It is possible, however I think we can agree that the cult leader cannot be Orc/Gondor. And from Lassie's role PM, with the inheriting ability explicitly stated, it follows that once Lassie and the cult leader are dead, the cult can no longer convert.

I think we can take both those things as facts, regardless of possible Orc/Gondor conversions.

The problem is that atheotes was not even mentioned as a potential target. So it's all on you and Mat.

Lack of information -> No reason not to kill him.

Information (correct or otherwise) about other people -> Reason not to kill them, as they can slip up. I.e. Lassie/KingMorgan.

Therefore legitimate target, right?

If there is a confirmed vig around, and you don't tell them anything, how can you complain when you are killed? I would point out you have told us someone has claimed to you, and tested it, and not confirmed doctor or otherwise, and did AA kill them? Its really on you, expecting us to double check everything with you, when you are intentionally withholding information. Not really going to work with coordination there, is it?

The KingMorgan the! (in German, Die KingMorgan Die!)

King Morgan: 6 (AA, Mat, Al Sipsclar, Winston, Auto, JoannahK)
Al Sips: 1 (King Morgan)
Not Voting: Choxorn

How kind of you guys to not even make me create a new tally :love:
votes locked

King Morgan: 6 (AA, Mat, Al Sipsclar, Winston, Auto, JoannahK)
Al Sips: 1 (King Morgan)
Not Voting: Choxorn

King Morgan, Iarwain Ben-adar, oldest and fatherless, lord of the Old Forest. Known to the only four hobbits who had met him and lived as the jolly Tom Bombadil. But of course there was more to his story. The folk of Bree and the Shire saw the Old Forest as a place of mystery and fear, not as one inhabited by a jolly fat man who liked to sing. Though that last detail is correct. As he walked he sang, the primordial song of the old forest, the last song of Tom Bombadil.

Link to video.

(credits to video go to Over The Garden Wall, which has nothing to do with LOTR but is amazing and you all should watch it)

For far too long the forest had been cut down. By the pastoral hobbits of the shire, by the industrious orcs of Angmar and Isengard, by the proud men of Gondor and Numenor. It didn't matter, they all were enemies of the Old Forest. Bombadil remembered the first raindrop and the first acorn. He knew the dark under the stars when it was fearless. He knew the great forest and was master of wood, water and hill. He had seen Morgoth, the Valar and their followers sully his rightful domain, burn his trees, drain his rivers and kill his animals. No more. Sauron was gone, Gandalf had sailed into the west. Now, he thought, was his time, and it started here.

But there was a problem. The townsfolk had found him before he was ready. Him, and his sole current disciple, Mat93 Bill Ferney, whose ever-shifting allegiances had in the end, it seems, brought him onto the losing side.

Torches and axes are good for a great many things, and clearing the land of forest is one of them. Thus, the townsfolk of bree cleared the land of the cultists within their midst.

King Morgan was:

Spoiler King Morgan :
spaceman98 said:
Tom Bombadil

http://km-515.livejournal.com/1042.html You are eldest. You remember the first raindrop and the first acorn. You knew the dark under the stars when it was fearless. You knew the great forest, you are master of wood, water and hill. And soon, you will be master of all things once more. Sauron, Morgoth and the Valar destroyed your rightful domain. The Numenorians and Mordor alike cut and carved the trees for their fleets and armies, and to fuel their forges. The Old Forest died, and they built their decadent cities in its place. You helped the ringbearer because he would bring about Sauron’s demise. Now, he’s gone, as is Gandalf, Saruman, and anyone else who could oppose you. The time has come to lead your Hurons out into the world, to destroy the cities of men, and to replant the Old Forest. You will start here. You will start by convincing the locals to follow you, and to throw out both the Gondorians and the Orcs that have gathered here.

Personal Ability: Every night, you can scan someone to determine if they are convertible. If they are, you can convert them on a later night. You can only do one thing (converting or scanning) per night. You can try to convert blindly, but if they are unconvertible you die.

Personal Ability 2: You cannot be lynched on Day 1.

Faction Goal: Outnumber all other factions (or reach a situation where this outcome is inevitable).

You will receive a PM with a QT with your fellow cultists shortly

Mat was

Spoiler Mat :
spaceman98 said:
Bill Ferny

A Man of Bree by blood, a servant of Saruman by trade. You supported the old man’s efforts to modernize Bree and the Shire, and for your troubles, you got a kick from a pony. You’ve agreed to work with the orcs from Gundabad because they pay well, and were on good terms with your former employers. You are a skilled spy, and can discern who visits whom in the night.

Personal Ability: At night, you can pick someone to watch. You learn who visited them that night, if anyone.

Faction Goal: The Gundabad Spies must eliminate all other factions, except for the Bree Townies (they are no threat)

You will receive a QT with your co-conspirators shortly

but actually:

spaceman98 said:
Mat, you have been converted into the Cult of Tom Bombadil

Your new victory condition is:

Faction Goal: Outnumber all other factions (or reach a situation where this outcome is inevitable).

The Cult of Tom Bombadil Has Been Eliminated. All its leaders are dead and it has no capacity to kill, thus remaining cultists commit suicide.

The townsfolk of Bree gather. All threats are eliminated. The Breeland Townies Have Won!

But there is still disagreement within their midst. Agents of Gondor and Mount Gundabad still vie for the village's loyalty.

To the surviving non-town factions, you have a choice:

1: Pull out now and accept a draw for both of you (your outcome will be listed as Draw, you will be listed as Surviving the game)

2: Enter a "Civil War" phase in which you will be given the ability to "convert" townies and fight for total victory or total defeat.

Townies don't worry, your objective is fulfilled and either way you have won and if your alive right now will be counted as "surviving". This just gives you a way to participate in the joy of the two neutral factions fighting it out should they choose to (and win twice in one game :p ).

So, Evening of Day 6:

Non-townie factions submit your votes to me in your respective QTs. A majority of both factions must vote for option 1 for peace to prevail. If a majority of one or both factions vote for option 2, then the game will enter Civil War. No night actions are preformed at this time.

You have [TIMER=7/5/2016 12:20 AM PDT; Votes are Closed][/TIMER] to submit your votes. Only votes in your official QTs count. PMed votes, votes in player created QTs or votes in thread do not.

So Give Peace a Chance (option 1) or Civil War (option 2)?

Player List:

Alive:

2: JohannahK
3: Winston Hughes
7: Double A
8: Autolycus
12: Al Sipsclar
16: choxorn

Passed into the Halls of Mandos:
5: Takhisis (Bob, a Breeland Townie)
13: Jarrema (Barliman Butterbur, a Breeland Townie)
9: Kennigit, King Aragorn Elessar II, a member of the Gondorian Delegation
4: Zack, Uruk-Hai, loyal to Mount Gundabad
1: DuffKilligan (Lily Appledore, a Breeland townie)
10: atheotes (Polly Leafcutter,a Breeland townie)
6: Lassie (Goldberry, loyal to the Cult of Tom Bombadil)
15: BSmith1068 (Man of Bree, loyal to the town of Bree)
11: KingMorgan (Tom Bombadil of the Cult of Tom Bombadil)
14: Mat93 (Bill Ferney of the Cult of Tom Bombadil)

votes closed

Gondor:
Option 1: Autolycus, Al Sipsclar
Not Voting:

Gundabad:
Option 1: Double A

Peace has prevailed!

Congratulations to the Breeland Townies for a hard-earned victory

Gondor and Gundabad have drawn and return home with their pride and lives intact, though objectives not quite attained.

The Cult of Tom Bombadil has been defeated.

I am overwhelmed with other commitments right now, so proper post-game (Role PMs, night actions and a description of my thoughts behind the setup) to come tomorrow (or the day after tomorrow depending on how hectic things are for me then). Thank you all for playing! I hope this game was as fun to play as it was to host. If not, feel free to criticize any aspects of the setup. Constructive criticism is well taken.

Game is over. All including the dead may now post

And here, in my not voting for KingMorgan, I show that for all the times that my gut feelings and doubts have been onto something, there are at least as many times where they lead to me starring in the hit series "Now that's what I call being completely wrong about Mafia."

Yaaay!

I think the full role reveals on death pushed this in favour of the outcome seen here. It gave town confidence in the pro-town(ish) alignment of the neutral squads, so once both lost someone they were a major weight towards town victory, because they formed the core for a network. I'd have to know how many/which of us (Gondor and Orcs) were convertible to be sure. Ironically, I think the cult might have stood a (small) chance if they'd been allowed to keep playing after KM's death, because the "Orcs" might have wiped everyone out, and normally scum win a tie, letting mat beat Double A in the end game.

I think the full role reveals on death pushed this in favour of the outcome seen here. It gave town confidence in the pro-town(ish) alignment of the neutral squads, so once both lost someone they were a major weight towards town victory, because they formed the core for a network. I'd have to know how many/which of us (Gondor and Orcs) were convertible to be sure. Ironically, I think the cult might have stood a (small) chance if they'd been allowed to keep playing after KM's death, because the "Orcs" might have wiped everyone out, and normally scum win a tie, letting mat beat Double A in the end game.

yeah but I had a night kill and scum don't always win ties if the town can still NK

Top Bottom