Bring Back Serial Thread Postcount

You sure? I don't remember this at all :think:.
I do. My post count took quite a drop and then I realized that my staff forum posts no longer counted.

Is this at least under consideration?
Not likely. I'm not sure that the non Civ forums have much clout in Staff. Serial OT threads would carry even less.

@Petek; @Camikaze; @leif erikson : Would somebody from the Admin staff please address this issue?

If serial thread posts aren't going to be counted after being archived, we at least deserve to know why that decision was made. If there's a misunderstanding going on, we would like it clarified.

Please and thank you.

Is this at least under consideration?

Not likely. I'm not sure that the non Civ forums have much clout in Staff. Serial OT threads would carry even less.
@Petek; @Camikaze; @leif erikson : Would somebody from the Admin staff please address this issue?

If serial thread posts aren't going to be counted after being archived, we at least deserve to know why that decision was made. If there's a misunderstanding going on, we would like it clarified.

Please and thank you.

Forgive my lack of knowledge here, but what sort of thread are you referring to, exactly?

Serialized threads. Random Rants, Raves, etc - all the posts you make in those threads disappear from your post count when they are archived. After the move to this forum software, that changed and our posts in those threads permanently counted toward our postcount even when the threads were archived. Recently, this was reversed back to the original rules where the posts stopped counting on archival.

Forgive my lack of knowledge here, but what sort of thread are you referring to, exactly?
Yes, @hobbsyoyo got it right. There is a history of some threads not contributing to postcount, like some of those in humor and jokes or counting threads etc. Serial threads prior to the new software, Admins archived the serial threads at 1000 posts and new threads started. When archived, the postcount in those threads disappeared. Many OT posters rejoiced when under Xenforo archived threads did not lose postcount. opportunity for pushing ones postcount up dramatically blossomed. Spamming serial threads and contributing to them became a strategy.

@Petek Question: When you all reversed the archiving ruling recently, was it for threads going forward or did you drop postcount retroactively?

@Petek Question: When you all reversed the archiving ruling recently, was it for threads going forward or did you drop postcount retroactively?
AFAIK this can't be done on a thread-by-thread basis. It'd be a forum setting. Posts would count so long as the serial thread remains in OT. Once moved to the Archives, post count goes bye bye.

AFAIK this can't be done on a thread-by-thread basis. It'd be a forum setting. Posts would count so long as the serial thread remains in OT. Once moved to the Archives, post count goes bye bye.
IIRC, With Vbulletin it could be done on a thread basis,

Spamming serial threads and contributing to them became a strategy.
I am unaware that serial threads are spammed for the sake of post count. They may be for the sake of strategy, to be the one to hit post #1000, to gain naming rights for the next thread - but that is not remotely the same as personal post count.

Are posts in the serial threads lesser posts? Do they not count? :(

I don't really care about getting back postcount we've already lost. I just don't want to lose any more.
I'd like mine back. I put a great deal of thought and effort and time into some of those posts.

Are posts in the serial threads lesser posts? Do they not count? :(
Apparently not, since nobody can be bothered to answer our questions. :huh:

Come on, guys - this is not rhetorical, and we're not doing this just for typing practice.

I'd like mine back. I put a great deal of thought and effort and time into some of those posts.

Apparently not, since nobody can be bothered to answer our questions. :huh:

Come on, guys - this is not rhetorical, and we're not doing this just for typing practice.

Maybe they'll delete the posts in this thread from our counts, too. :confused:

Why?

I was being caustic and sardonic. Moreso about the administration's lack of care for this issue, and not toward you. Don't mind me.

I was being caustic and sardonic. Moreso about the administration's lack of care for this issue, and not toward you. Don't mind me.
Okay.

The complacency of the management of this site is really astounding.

Top Bottom