[BTS] Beginning

Getting to a place were i'd like to see it, good job:goodjob:

Looks like my old MOD with those Frenchman graphics, this is what i wanted to do when i talked to you earlier.

One thing i did notice in all of your d/l's, ok. You are missing the MAIN folder for each to be put in for the d/l: ie: Beginning.08, then now Beginning.09

@Roamty

First of all thanks a lot for such a nice modpack. The addition of Revolution in particular is a very good choice. Hopefully you will be able to update it to 1.2BTS soon.

I tried merging Carter's Planetary map size and Odyssey speed and I should say that they worked very well with Revolution allowing for a very dynamic and exciting game. The merge is quite a straight forward one as no files need to be overwritten so if you think it is a good idea I hope you can include it in a next patch.

One remark concerns the Training Yard building. The fact that one can't train any real melee units before building it and that it requires a barracks adds too much cost for starting to build a military in the early game stages. I also think its hammer cost is a little steep. Would you consider removing the requirement of a barracks and lowering the hammer cost a little?

@Roamty

I am enjoying the mod a lot with the new update. However, I wonder if there is a reason why you chose not to include the new interface components of Revolution 1.2. I find them quite essential as they help you monitor the status of your empire. Anyway, I merged the modifications of CvMainInterface.py from Revolution into the one of Beginning and made other adjustments for these interface components to work. If you like I can post a patch with the modified files.

Ok. The following patch adds Interface Components of Revolution mod that were introduced with v1.2. These are simply a new button in the main interface that leads you to a summary window that shows a summary the current rebel status of your cities. Further details are available through this window as well by clicking the details button. There is also a new button in the city screen that shows the current revolution status of the city. Hovering the mouse over this button provides a tool tip with more info.

To apply just extract the file into Beyond the sword\mods folder and allow files to be overwritten.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/uploads/115758/Rev1.2InterfaceForBeginning.09.rar

Looking forward to version .10. Lets get it up so I can take it out!

Thanks! Now if we can just get that Star Trek mod for BTS up this fast we will be tracking!!!

hi roamty.

I think i found a bug. I Just installed version .10 If i choose which civ to play with, the ingame interface wont show up, as well as the tech screen. If i just keep my civ random things are as they should be.

Other AI civs can be set random/chosen there is no difference.

The score in mapscreen isnt working properly either i can see my own score but not of others (i clicked on it makes no difference)

Top Bottom