• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

[BtS] Diversica

I reinstalled BTS, but it is still the same problem.
I realy don`t know what I do wrong.
Is it possible that an other mod blockade the update?

No, that imo is not possible. You either load no mod or one mod, but no other mod can interfere. At most Custom Asstes could possibly interfere, but even that is unlikely for the things which you usually find in Custom Assets (like Blue Marble, which works with Diversica).

I really have no idea why it does not work for you. If you extracted both the mod and its patch in the Mods dir, everything should be in the approrpiate location. It is for me, the only downside is that by now the many units and the huge Carter map combined seem to take up a lot of memory, so I am approaching a limit there.

Can anyone else confirm / deny this problem ? Do the Carter maps now work in Div_WoC ?

It is working on your game right? Could you send me the structure of your patch, mods, and div_woc dir, so I search for differences between our games?

I just noticed that Div_WoC 1.00 contains two Carter maps which do not work and that the names of the working maps from 1.00e are different, so the 'bad' maps they still exist.

The working maps have 'WoC' in their name, the bad ones have 'BtS' in their name.

I.e. CarterEarth(18BtS).CivBeyondSwordWBSave and CarterEarth(Random18BtS).CivBeyondSwordWBSave do not work.

CarterEarth(18WoC).CivBeyondSwordWBSave and CarterEarth(Random18WoC).CivBeyondSwordWBSave in turn do work (same for the maps with a different number of players).

Hope this gets you going. If it still does not, delete Assets\XML\Interface\CarterEarth_CIV4WorldPickerInfos.xml, I hope that then fixes it (in any case, that file is not needed and I have since removed it).

Thank you now it is working. I had to delete 18civbts and copy in the 18civwoc.

Thank you now it is working. I had to delete 18civbts and copy in the 18civwoc.

Not quite sure what you mean by 'copy in'. If you extracted 1.00e in the right location (i.e. the Mods dir) they already should have been in that dir, along with the BtS-savefiles.

If you really needed to move them as they were in a different dir, you did something wrong (either extracted in the wrong location or without also extracting the subdirs).

Out of curiosity, since both the WoC and the regular version have about the same number of downloads (> 500 each), what do people prefer ? Is there still a need for a regular one or is everyone using the WoC version anyway (and the two groups of downloaders heavily overlap) ?

I waas playing an epic game the other day on an XXL continents map when i got an error message similiar to the above and the game crashed...i was into the early 1700's when this happened. I was enjoying the game despite four AI's declaring war the turn before, i was Sumeria.

Can someone advise what causes this, i get the same message when i try and start on a gigantic map, as far as i know i have a decent video card (NVidia 7900) and plenty of available RAM.

Is there a fix or something that can be done to fix this or is this dependent on your own system?

I waas playing an epic game the other day on an XXL continents map when i got an error message similiar to the above and the game crashed...i was into the early 1700's when this happened. I was enjoying the game despite four AI's declaring war the turn before, i was Sumeria.

Can someone advise what causes this, i get the same message when i try and start on a gigantic map, as far as i know i have a decent video card (NVidia 7900) and plenty of available RAM.

Is there a fix or something that can be done to fix this or is this dependent on your own system?

Take a look at Amra's mod thread, first post, "KNOWN ISSUES" section. He links to some posts about this problem and potential fixes.

Personally I have not had that problem yet, but since the mod is increasing in size, I maybe do approach the size where this now does start to happen. Maybe I will have to see whether I can shrink it a bit again.

Does anyone know if unused art in the FPKs is contributing to this ? Removing that would be the easiest way to shrink it ;)

Version 1.10 released, finally :)

WoC version to follow once I have incorporated the 1.20 core.

Hi

I am having some problems seeing the leaderheads for some of the new leaders that you have added. These come up with a purple square on the Civiopedia. These are :

Crazy Horse
Hiawatha
Pachacuti

I completely removed my old diversica folder before placing the new 1.10 one in there, does anyone else have this issue?

Also Charmalane of HRE fame is no longer in the list when I do a custom game. I had a old problem from in playing as him anyways (basically it would fail to initialse the menus) was this intentional ?

Btw, i do love a lot of things about the mod , the new Rams (v.early seige) are particularly fun early on, i've yet to get too far in to see any other new goodies in store.

Thanks

I am having some problems seeing the leaderheads for some of the new leaders that you have added. These come up with a purple square on the Civiopedia. These are :

Crazy Horse
Hiawatha
Pachacuti

confirmed, I added the leaderheads at the last minute but forgot to include their icons.

Also Charmalane of HRE fame is no longer in the list when I do a custom game. I had a old problem from in playing as him anyways (basically it would fail to initialse the menus) was this intentional ?

I intentionally removed him as I have no HRE civ in Diversica (they got replaced by Austria). Since I now have two austrian leaders I did not feel he was needed any more.

I did not remove him due to problems however, this is the first time I heard about there being any.

Btw, i do love a lot of things about the mod , the new Rams (v.early seige) are particularly fun early on, i've yet to get too far in to see any other new goodies in store.

Thanks

Thanks, you are welcome. There are not many new unit types, I try to not overdo it and keep things similar to the regular game. I do watch Wolfshanze though and sometimes either add stuff directly or in a similar fashion when I think it closes a gap.

This time it is the ram and the culverin (an early cannon) to diversify the siege engines a bit.

Hi Mamba
Glad you're still here

I'm at fault with you, because I didn't post the reskins I promised.

Well the thing got out of hand, and when I looked I had completly modified your mod (skins, rules, animations, letterheads, etc). However I worked over and in your mod, so I don't have most things seperate, so its impossible to release it as an add on for your mod. So I'll post the skins, next week.

There is about 100 new skins (para, marines, etc) and another 100 of remarkings (planes and tanks).

Most of the "infantry" skins (mainly Zerver's - Thanks btw) have a beret, all in the right color and with the right patch, and the right cammo, and some units have an arm patch.
They are on 256px and are NOT as good as Zerver new skins, not even close, however I belive is enough, and they are done fast.

Some examples:
US Rangers
US Special Forces
US Montain Troops
US Marine Force Recon
US Paratroopers
US SWAT (LA)
German KSK
German Kampfschimer
German Jaeger
German Paratrooper
German Paratrooper (SCOUT)
German Air Defense (SAM)
German Engenier (AT)
German GSG9
GB SAS
GB SAS (RECON)
GB SO19
GB Paratroopers
GB Royal Marines
RU Naval Infantry
RU Spetznaz
RU Paratroopers
RU OMON
PT Comandos
PT Fuzileiros
PT Paratroopers
PT Special Ops
PT GOE

And many many more.

I'm at fault with you, because I didn't post the reskins I promised.

There is about 100 new skins (para, marines, etc) and another 100 of remarkings (planes and tanks).

Most of the "infantry" skins (mainly Zerver's - Thanks btw) have a beret, all in the right color and with the right patch, and the right cammo, and some units have an arm patch.
They are on 256px and are NOT as good as Zerver new skins, not even close, however I belive is enough, and they are done fast.

Great, looking forward to them. Zervers new skins are too big anyway, I use some of them (well, most) in 1.10 but have resized them all to 256x256.

I will be on vacation the next weeks, but I will certainly check out your reskins and decide which to include :D

I'm RARing some stuff now to upload tomorrow.

US Special Forces - 5th Bn - US URBAN CAMMO
US Special Forces - 10th Bn - US TIGER CAMMO
US NavySEALs - Team 2 - US MARPAT
US Paratroopers - 101st - US WOODLAND
US Rangers - ACUPAT
US Mountain Troops - 10th MD - US ERDL Lime
US SWAT - LA - BLACK
US Air Defense (SAM) - ACUPAT
US Infantry (AT) -ACUPAT

Hi,

I'm aware that you're away for a while and aren't going to be doing any updates, but for the point of consistency, i'd like to state that there are some issues with the introduction texts ( when you first meet them) of the nations that you've added, they come up with no text, these include:

David of Isreali fame
Hiawatha of the Iriquios

there are probably others, i haven't done them all. I was a software tester in my previous employment, so i dont mean to pick holes in what you've done, it adds a lot to Civ 4 Bts, you're awesome. Thanx.

Unfortunately, the link is also broken for Diversica Reg. 1.10, same issue. It just takes you to the Filefront main page

Top Bottom