[BTS] Dragonia II

It would be usefull if somewhere would be written, that the english language must be activated to use this mod. I needed a while to get the idea changing the language.

Then i had another problem. After succesfull running the mod i choosed my tribe (some descriptions didn't work, i only see a text like "text_key_whatever..."). [I know that problem, i had the same by trying to create a scenario. I think something in the GameText-xmls must be wrong]

If i have luck, the game starts, but mostly it crushes down loading the map setup (before movie starts). Otherwise it crushes if i try to build a village with my settler. I never got a message, it just returns to desktop.

I tried different tribes and different maps with different difficulty levels. I have installed the latest patch (BTS and Dragonia). I reinstalled BTS multiple times, tried Dragonia with and without moviepatch. Nothing worked.

I will update the opening post of this thread to indicate that the english language is needed for the mod.

As for some of the descriptions...not all of them have been completed yet. I am not sure what issues are causing your crash, as you are the 2nd person that I know of that is having this issue. Reinstalling the game in english is an interesting solution. If you try this, let me know how it turns out.

Ok, i deleted Vanilla,Warlords and BTS, reinstalled all 3 in english and patched them up.

Same problem. Game crushes before showing the movie to desktop. I wait for Beta2, may i have more luck with that version.

EDIT: I'm wrong, now it works well :)

I tihnk I figured out what the problem was. I forgot the main gaming rule :MAKE SURE YOU HAVE YOUR GAME FULLED PATCHED UP.

I did a auto update and did not know that I was lacking the 3.13 patch. :blush:

I played the mod for a few turns and it seems to run fine. When I exit to the desk top it said there is a problem and the game crashes. But if I am going to the desk top that is not a big one lol.

Thanks for all your help Darque. :goodjob: Mod from what I have seen looks great.

Darque,

Hey I just came across your MOD, and have read the entire post, downloaded the game with patch. If you dont mind my help, I play test for "The Ancient Mediterranean" Mod. My primary work is with XML files, fixing text bug entries primarily. Im sure you noticed you have _Strategy Text bugs in the Sid Tips area, they will probably show up elsewhere. (I have only played two turns so far..... haha)
I have created a Strategy text file, and have already corrected the Hunting Lodge text bug, and checked that it worked.
With your permission, I would like to assist in this area and help you polish up the XMLs, maybe that would allow you more time to work on the big picture stuff.

The into movie kicked arse....... great job.

Noticed something while playing this and this maybe the wrong thread in which to post.

The Archers can do a arrow barrage and the damage shows up. But when you are making Longbowman and/or upgrade the archers to longbowman the barrage no longer works.

Is that suppose to happen?

But so far great mod, though the wars breaking out are crazy lol. Love it that a Civ can be friendly but at war with me. Even in mid war they are still pleased :lol:. But turnign off the aggress AI does that stop all the wars from happening? Was just wondering. But still loving this mod. :goodjob:

The place to post bugs for this mod is at the Dragonia II Beta 1 Bug thread (http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=259928)

I'll check out the arrow barrage issue. It is linked to the unit combat type UNITCOMBAT_ARCHER, so I'm not sure why it would have stopped working.

As for the wars breaking out it is not linked to the Aggressive AI setting. It is however linked to 3 factors:
1) Random chance based on the attitude value between the 2 civs. If this check fails, no war breaks out.
2) Racism. Basically Dwarves and orcs hate each other, Dwarves and Goblins hate each other, Dwarves and Duergar (Ironfist Clan) hate each other, Elves and Orcs hate each other, Elves and Goblins hate each other, and finally Elves and Drow hate each other.
3) Good and Evil hate each other.

Maybe for the next beta, I'll pop up a message box if you are declared war on based on these criteria to notify the player why war has broken out. How do people feel about that?

That would a good thing to know why they went to war. But for me I am playing Orcs right now so that will explain alot :lol:.

If I see anything that I have a question about that could be a bug I will post it in the thread you have linked.

Thanks

I keep settling Insut-Tabur (or whatever it's called) as the Drow and it cuases a CTD. Since it CTDed, I restarted my CPU and still CTDed. I had been very active fighting the Wildarrow Elves and finally defeated them. Is there some way that will reduce the amount of CTDs?
I would appreciate anyone's input on this, especially Darque, since Darque no doubt knows the most about this mod. I understand this is a beta version, and as such it is unstable at this point.

Also, Darque, I have a suggestion. Maybe a few heroes would be useful. I like the mercanies thing a lot. But some Heroes, like each race gets a hero, each founder of a religion gets a hero for the religion, and special quests can yield a hero.

I keep settling Insut-Tabur (or whatever it's called) as the Drow and it cuases a CTD. Since it CTDed, I restarted my CPU and still CTDed. I had been very active fighting the Wildarrow Elves and finally defeated them. Is there some way that will reduce the amount of CTDs?
I would appreciate anyone's input on this, especially Darque, since Darque no doubt knows the most about this mod. I understand this is a beta version, and as such it is unstable at this point.
Just to be sure...have you installed patch 2? It should solve all the CTD issues in Beta 1.
Also, Darque, I have a suggestion. Maybe a few heroes would be useful. I like the mercanies thing a lot. But some Heroes, like each race gets a hero, each founder of a religion gets a hero for the religion, and special quests can yield a hero.
I am planning on adding heros in Beta 2; but first I want to think up a good system for the requirements to create the hero, as I don't want a civ to simply be able to build it. As for hero selection, I plan on having one hero per civilization, as well as one hero per religion.

I have installed Patch 2. The link below is no longer valid. :(

I am planning on adding heros in Beta 2; but first I want to think up a good system for the requirements to create the hero, as I don't want a civ to simply be able to build it. As for hero selection, I plan on having one hero per civilization, as well as one hero per religion.

A good system would be that you have to complete a quest. For example, for Dark Seldarine, you should have to do something for Lloth to unlock your hero. Or if you are at war, your civilization hero shows up to help you fight. Espicially if it ends up as a long war. Also, something that Ffh did was to have a technology allow you to build a hero (which if your rivals had the tech as well, they could build it as well) or require that you upgrade a unit from like a lvl 6. Maybe you should also have certain heroes that can only be built by evil, neutral, or good civs. Of course, understanding only one hero could be built in the world. And if your hero died, they could not be rebuilt.
I don't know. Just a few suggestions for you.

Top Bottom