1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[BTS] Dragonia II

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Modpacks' started by Darque, Jan 3, 2008.

1. darkedone02

darkedone02 The Suggestor

Ok, I am going to list some nice stuff to help out this mod.

-Custom Music
    -Custom Quotes
    -Custom Unique Units for every civ (please 3 for each).
    -Solarism needs to lower down it's spread, It took over all the civilizations besides me as I got the Undead religion
    -Please Set up a Fav Religion for each civ, I like to be organized and set each Civ to it's right religion instead of me having of setting up all the religion in my cities.
    -Unique Events, double them as well so I can have them almost every 4-7 turns.

2. bclund

bclund Chieftain

I will get back to you in a few days with more details. Need to check the latest save game first and I will not be home for a few days.

Anyway, I tried a new game and it is going well so far. I really like the mod so I hope my crash was just very unlucky.

Another thing. Are there any scenarios for the mod? Sorry if this has been posted somewhere, but I do not really have time to read a lot of posts right now. Thanks.

3. Darque

Darque Chaotic Lord of Dragonia

There are now scenarios for the mod yet, as this is still the first beta release. We will probobly not start making scenarios until more of the base game is completed. Feel free to make a scenario for it yourself and post it in the Dragonia II forum.

4. seamus75

seamus75 Warlord

Hello,

I keep getting a CTD after the end of the turn. Cannot for the life of me figure out why - nothing big is happening as far as I can tell. Here is my save file - hope it helps.

PS - I'm in love with this MOD; I just hope Kael doesn't mind my infidelity.

Seamus

Attached Files:

5. Darque

6. Zuul

Zuul Mod lister!

I guess you mean "not" and not "now". :p

Also, a one line description of this mod would be nice to have in my list. :)

7. Darque

oops....I meant "There are no scenarios"
    Thanks for the catch.

8. Darque

I have found and fixed the issue. Download the latest patch for the fix. Changelog is in the first post of this thread.

9. coppertop

coppertop Chieftain

gr8 mod darque
    when playing the mithrilcraft clan built hamlets,village town but they are invisible have new patch installed restarted 3 times always the same
    played other civ & there towns show up

also how do u load a screen shot

10. Darque

I'll check out that bug. This is the first report of it.
    To create a screen shot, hit the Print Screen button on your keyboard.

11. zagaz

zagaz Chieftain

Would it be possible to quickly list what the traits do in a post, does not need to be pretty. I know you are still working on a patch and it is in Beta, but it would be nice to know what some of the traits do, or, is there a file one can look in? Anything would be appreciated. And, btw, looking really nice so far, great work, thank you to everyone working on this, all Modders rock!! :bowdown:

Oh, do religions have to have the ism, or ity? I play D and D and it is weird ro see some of the Gods I am familiar with and having that at the end, it is no biggie, but maybe chaning it to Worship of or Church/Cult of, but really, no biggie.

12. bclund

bclund Chieftain

OK. My second game crashed too. I think I will leave the mod alone for some time and hope a later version will work as it should. I have attached the two savegames that crash.

Attached Files:

13. Darque

Bclund...is this crash before or after the second patch was applied?

14. bclund

bclund Chieftain

Before. I have only just seen that there is a second patch.

15. Darque

I'll work on documenting the traits and I'll post it on the diabolicstudios web site. I'll annotate both what I want it to be when finished and what is currently implemented.
    The religion in D&D doesn't actually have a name, so I just created the names myself with -ism at the end. The only exception is Tel'Seldarine and Dark Seldarine which officially is the names of the elven and drow pantheons, and Morndinsamman which officially is the name of the dwarven pantheon.

16. Darque

I suspect the second patch should resolve your issues, which was due to a bug in the Mercenary Mod. The 2nd patch will not break savegames from the first patch.

17. bclund

bclund Chieftain

Yes. It did. I can continue with the old savegames. Thanks!:)

18. coppertop

coppertop Chieftain

how do u put a screen shot onto the forum page pls :)

19. woodelf

woodelf Bard

2 ways.

The first is a thumb nail where you go advanced options and hit the manage attachments button. Find where your screenies are located Normally in My Games/Civ4/blah blah. It should be self explanatory after that.

The other way is to find the Upload area above between Chat and FAQ. You'll need to find your screenshot location again and hit upload (or something close to that). Copy the link that is given to you and then in the post that you want to put your image into you type

"" without the quotes.

Hope this helps.

20. zagaz

zagaz Chieftain

Just a few things I notice as I was playing.
    -Playing as Rock Clan, cottages do not show up.
    -Able to build Intelligence Agency with Espionage, even though it is the supposed unique building for the Great Spy. Not sure if it is intended, it so, maybe make the great spy one even better as they are both the same.
    -When I encountered silver March, he had no greeting, just a blank space.
    -Event/Quest for spreading corporation to x number of cities, maybe changing the wording to guilds and make it less 'modern'
    -Calender comes after Astronomy, takes quite awhile to get plantations, once again, not sure if that is what you intended.
    -Buildings that give culture do not have their culture value displayed in the build list

That is all for now. As stated before, fun Mod, thanks for all your hard work, keep it up.