[BtS] "Mars, Now!"

Btw, I notice that some of the Civilopedia entries say stuff like, "written by [so-and-so]" at the end. Does this mean that if someone has an idea for a Civilopedia entry, they can just send you a file with our idea and you (might) put it into Mars Now!? I'm starting to have ideas for some entries.

:blush: i even forgot that i did that, and so forgot to add the names to the new entries.
I'll have to correct that with the next patch.
Honour to whom honour belongs to.

But yes, if you have an idea for a civilopedia entry, then let me know it or send it to me.
As long as it's not to weird, i'll probably take it :D. Oh, and don't destroy the earth, i want to keep it :D.

Ok, so when I ran the text, it gave errors (a lot less than before though) about loading the xml, then crashed. Then when I deleted the Text, it gave me an XML/Art/Civ4ArtDefines_Building.xml error. Then it gave me an xml load error, a xml error for improvements, and a xml error for units. Then it gave me some memory allocation errors and Unit Info class errors. Interestingly all the errors seem to be related to buildings or improvements.

:sad:
Okay, the exact files would be helpful. Going through all would take a bit long.
Will probably still need the weekend.
For Civ4ArtDefines_Building.xml and _Improvements i can allready see the problem, i think. At the beginning i've put several buildings in the folder "Gebäude" (german for building), and the "ä" is causing the problem. I've also exchanged some art between a building and an improvement, so that's also probably clear.
I totally forgot about this :wallbash:.

I hope you'll still help me to get it to work :).

i just downloaded your game great job:goodjob:i give it two thumbs up :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Just tried your mod and it looks great, but there was a problem today. In two separate games the culture borders of my first city expanded unevenly. After filling the fat cross it expanded into every direction but left-bottom, that one didn't grow anymore.

i just downloaded your game great job:goodjob:i give it two thumbs up :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Just tried your mod and it looks great

but there was a problem today. In two separate games the culture borders of my first city expanded unevenly. After filling the fat cross it expanded into every direction but left-bottom, that one didn't grow anymore.

:think: mmhh....was there maybe desert at the left bottom?
I noticed some strange things with what i've done to the mapscripts, and it could be connected to this.
Or do you maybe have a screenshot?

hhmm...i have to observe that.

empireruler, are you still here?
Made some changes today, quite a few, had to write a short skript to give me a better overview over the possible problems.
If you please could extract the attached .zip into the mars, now folder, and test it again, that would be nice :).
Every mentioned file has to be overwritten. If not overwrite dialog shows up, then something is wrong.
EDIT: Attachement removed, should be obsolete now.

Made a short 1/2 hour testgame today (and didn't do that well), and one of the earlier songs i've chosen is really horrible :sad:. Just got on my nerves, i was happy when it was over. I'll definitly have to replace this one (...still have to look, which it is).

The next patch will have to wait a bit. Semester holidays have now begun for me, and i'll visit my parents for 2,5 - 3 weeks, so i'll not be at my gaming pc. Sorry guys :(.

The_J: I've begun coming up with creative ideas for the buildings, but for a couple I hit roadblocks. What I think I'll do is when I'm playing I'll see something that sparks my imagination and then I'll write an article for it. After I've got my notes down I'll create an MS Word document and try to post it here. It seems that contrary to what experts say, playing video games sparks my imagination rather than destroys it :D

:lol: interesting to hear...and...nice :goodjob:.
Playing games never damaged my imagination ability. Like every ongoing experience, your horizon of imagination should become wider with it.
And it sounds so :). Hope you'll create something nice :).

Just wanted to say.. I love the music in your mod.. excellent work/choices :)

And yours is the best mod I've played so far.. :goodjob:

I wish there was a super enhanced AI mode or something like Deity +10 or something.. cause it seems like the AI.. doesn't know how to expand at all well do to the I assume water + air restrictions.. it makes of course maps full of empty land.. meaning I only see domination victory possible under that.. :)

Sorry for taking so long to reply. I got swamped in work :). I'll look at it today.

EDIT: I just ran it. I got no errors but then BTS unexpectedly quit.

I wish there was a super enhanced AI mode or something like Deity +10 or something.. cause it seems like the AI.. doesn't know how to expand at all well do to the I assume water + air restrictions.. it makes of course maps full of empty land.. meaning I only see domination victory possible under that..

The_J, hi

this problem can be fixed, we had it in dune wars, we have in our sdk a small code that changes the value of the ai founding cities - the vanilla value in the sdk is 400, we have exposed it to an xml tag in the globaldefines - and the value we used is 60, and the ai spread quite a lot.

pm me if you want the code, i can compile it for you.

Sorry for taking so long to reply. I got swamped in work :). I'll look at it today.

EDIT: I just ran it. I got no errors but then BTS unexpectedly quit.

uh oh...no error is worse than an error.
I guess it quits when it is still loading, so you haven't seen the main screen yet, right?

pm me if you want the code, i can compile it for you.

Thanks for the other Kel :), but i want to stay without any real SDK modifications. Will have to get it work without.

right... it got to loading the xmls on the progress bar, and then crashed.

this problem can be fixed, we had it in dune wars, we have in our sdk a small code that changes the value of the ai founding cities - the vanilla value in the sdk is 400, we have exposed it to an xml tag in the globaldefines - and the value we used is 60, and the ai spread quite a lot.
Isn't that value 600?
Code:
int CvPlayerAI::AI_getMinFoundValue() const
{
	int iValue = 600;
(...)
}

right... it got to loading the xmls on the progress bar, and then crashed.

Umm, i'm confused :confused:
The error normally means, that the game can't find parts of art reference in one of the XML files.
But i did not change anything there, only where the art itself (not the reference) is, and it works on my computer.

So either there's still somewhere a bug in the file (which i don't think), or i made some mistake when adding the files in the .zip, or there is something completly different on Macs...or something else.
I don't know, and i can't do anything for it, because i'm not at my gaming pc for some time, sorry, has to wait again some time :(.

I really don't feel good with this, that i have to let you wait, but i can't change it, sorry :(.

Hi

I'm going to download the mod and try it out...

I want to point out a few things that I would consider if I were making a Mars mod, in case it helps..

One of the Viking experiments showed that the Martian soil is rich in oxides, the soil is about 1/3 oxygen. This may turn out to be important in sustaining life support systems on colonies.

One of the most believable theories as to why Mars has become barren today is that the geologic activity of the planet stopped. When that happened, the magnetic field weakened, at the atmosphere leaked into space. When this would have happened, liquid water would have vaporized and the surface would be bombarded with radiation. If we were to terraform Mars on a large scale, studying Martian geology might help us.

Mars is rich in minerals like titanium.

Top Bottom