[BtS] "Mars, Now!"

I have played through several games of "Mars, Now!" and I must say of course I like it..

But finally the nice music waned on me.. and played some "5th element" music in the game.. :D

Oh, that must be nice. A great film...i have to find some good quotes from it :D.

What I wanted to say was..

- I found a *bug* with making the "great wall" I forget the name you call it.. but if your city becomes surrounded completely by water it becomes "ineffective" (probably something from the civ4 base programming)

And I have to agree that the A.I. seems to severely lack city making.. I finally played the radiation map you have once or twice (you said you wanted to know if someone's played it.. I'm sure someone has by now) anyway.. surprisingly I went for a space win and the A.I. did manage by turn 300-400 to actually have take most of the space with cities (not all!) but most.. (on a huge map maybe 20% was left most of it un-radiated :D)

Yes, the great shieldwall has the same effect like in civ4 - barbarians can't pass the borders at the continent, where the wonder is at...and this chances over time in Mars Now, because of the water.

And yes again, i've noticed the problems with the lack of expansion myself, but i have seriously no idea, what the cause could be. I suspect that the AI might be confused by the changed terrain and how i abuse the map scripts, but i don't have a proof for it.

Of course I'm serious! I've just not had a lot of time, what with various spontaneous essays in history and music, but I can do both, I even submitted one as a creative writing piece :lol:

:wow:
Are you a professional writer maybe?
I'm just curious.

Hey J didn't know you were a modder. Great mod you have here I am currently downloading it to give it a try thanks to Number Pi's story.

I'm not a professional writer, but I do a lot of writing for school. I also am working on a book for fun :)

Very good mod. Can't really say anything bad about it.

For bugs--some quotes are blank, others say NOTEXT.
Also, In one game I played as NASA, I was a couple techs away from being able to build Battle Tanks, and a Battle Tank just spawned in my Capital. Any reason for that?

Hey J didn't know you were a modder. Great mod you have here I am currently downloading it to give it a try thanks to Number Pi's story.

Next time you should maybe give me the hint earlier ;).

I'm not a professional writer, but I do a lot of writing for school. I also am working on a book for fun :)

Ah, i see a potential nobel price winner :cool:.

These are either not existent or not translated yet :/.
You will not believe it, but searching quotes consumes an incredible amount of time. You can search 5 hours and get 3 quotes out of it.

Also, In one game I played as NASA, I was a couple techs away from being able to build Battle Tanks, and a Battle Tank just spawned in my Capital. Any reason for that?

:confused: :crazyeye: do you have the savegame? Because i have no idea, why this could happen.

Oh, and i've worked a bit yesterday on the mod.
I've added the great mapscript tools from temudjin to the mod, incredible work (hey, Erebus mapscript for vanilla BtS, that's cool :cool:).
Also added Vortilex text (omg, took 2 hours), changed the terraforming, added some building models, etc.

The quotes are under construction. The NOTEXT thing is new to me, though

For some reason when I try to run the .exe I get a message that says that there was an incomplete download.:cry:
Edit: And when I extract the zip it doesn't extract the pak files.

For some reason when I try to run the .exe I get a message that says that there was an incomplete download.:cry:
Edit: And when I extract the zip it doesn't extract the pak files.
I feel your pain. :cringe:

Atomic Gamer .exe doesn't work for me. I'm about to try the megaupload zip:religion:

This is the moment of truth...

It doesn't work :cry:

It opens fine but when I select a leader it crashes and when I select a random leader I get read dots.

Okay Igot it to work. It was really fun so far. I haven't played it much but it has been really fun so far.

Nice to hear :).

Oh and the capital of Canada is Ottawa not Toronto.:mischief:

Not on Mars ;).

No, seriously, i think i took the names just in the order of how big the cities are, that's the only order.
And here i have to say, that i'm not satisfied with the canadian city list, they are just normal cities.
So i guess you are from Canada...what are you canadias proud of? I'd like to have a better list of what Canada could represent.

No, seriously, i think i took the names just in the order of how big the cities are, that's the only order.
And here i have to say, that i'm not satisfied with the canadian city list, they are just normal cities.
So i guess you are from Canada...what are you canadias proud of? I'd like to have a better list of what Canada could represent.

Well mostly our heritage. Maybe the CN tower and a number of other natural wonders like Niagara falls and just the natural landscape, as well as the fact we have no military. I laughed so hard when I saw our special ability. And you got the leaders wrong. One of them is supposed to be me!!!:cool:

Edit: we also have pretty good history in space technology, with the Canada Arm and such.

Bacon, Maple Syrup? :)
How about kicking America's butt in 1812?
Okay, that was actually the English...

Yeah, I haven't played your mod lately. Been busy with other mods and real life, and other games.
Nuclear power plants still make your people unhappy or did you fix that? :)

Because if you haven't fixed that yet, I'm going to have to say, "Son, I am disappoint."
Hey, at least it's minor.

And the battle tank, yeah he totally stole that from my last game. :)

If you're supposed to be one of the leaders, I want to be one of the American leader.
And you have no military? Really? Wow, and here I thought you might be dangerous if you tried to invade America. :)

We do have a military, it's called the Canadian Forces (the Forces for short). We used to have a separate Air Force, Navy and Army but we just merged the branches together. I think that worked.

Us "not having a military" is kind of a joke up here. :p I think the Taliban would disagree about us "not having a military"...at least until 2011. :rolleyes:

And you know the really ironic thing? You selected Pierre Trudeau as one of the NASA leaderheads. The one with the rose. Honestly, that man had enough personality to be famous for generations to come.

And say what you will about Canada not existing in 1812 (technically true), but the soldiers IN Canada kicked America's butt. Not an inch of Canadian soil was taken by American troops.

Well mostly our heritage. Maybe the CN tower and a number of other natural wonders like Niagara falls and just the natural landscape, as well as the fact we have no military.

[...]

Edit: we also have pretty good history in space technology, with the Canada Arm and such.

Oh, natural wonders, that's a nice idea. Will look into it :cool:.

I laughed so hard when I saw our special ability.

:D
Any better suggestion?

And you got the leaders wrong. One of them is supposed to be me!!!:cool:

:D

Bacon, Maple Syrup? :)

:lol:

Nuclear power plants still make your people unhappy or did you fix that? :)

Because if you haven't fixed that yet, I'm going to have to say, "Son, I am disappoint."
Hey, at least it's minor.

Changed the nuclear power plant to fusion plant and it does not longer give any :mad: ;).

And you know the really ironic thing? You selected Pierre Trudeau as one of the NASA leaderheads. The one with the rose. Honestly, that man had enough personality to be famous for generations to come.

Oh, i hopped that he would not be recognized, because it's so much out of context here.
I guess i have to replace the leaderhead then, i think i have one or two options left.

And say what you will about Canada not existing in 1812 (technically true), but the soldiers IN Canada kicked America's butt. Not an inch of Canadian soil was taken by American troops.

Yeah. We got beat up. :)

Thanks The J, for fixing the unhappy people.
Now I don't have to hit you with spent fuel rods. :)

Top Bottom