[BtS MOD] Wolfshanze 1850-1920 Enhancement Mod v2.0

1. Unzip the file to your Sid Meier's Civilization IV\BtS\Mods\ directory.
2. Start up Warlords

Just a quick catch: Are we really supposed to start Warlords even though this is a BtS-mod ?
Kinda asking b/c I just own vanilla and bts :(

Is anyone still having the military academy bug where it's avaliable before Military Science? Yes, I patched my game and use the unofficial patch- don't have that problem in unmodded games.

Miscellaneous
All graphics files have been PAK'd to dramatically increase load time.
Compatible with all versions of BtS... playtested with 3.02 & 3.13 BtS.

Well, I sure hope PAKing the files decreased load times :D

I see I've been bombarded by the Grammar Police as well as the P's & Q's Police... let me see what I can do.

A thanks for using DWOLF's Nazi Flag Button & Nazi Flag would have been nice... ;)

Well I did write:
Using the graphics made by Elhoim, kodzi, Danrell, Hadrean, Snafusmith, Bernie, GeneralMatt, Houman and others (I lost track... lots of folks though!).
I'm sorry if I didn't name you specifically... this mod actually was based on a previously released BtS Hitler Mod (which I didn't even realize) already had a nazi flag in it... I just never removed it. If that's yours, thanks DWOLF... I really did lose track of each individual name of artwork I was using to cobble this together.

Just a quick catch: Are we really supposed to start Warlords even though this is a BtS-mod ?
Kinda asking b/c I just own vanilla and bts
No... typo... sorry... start BtS!

Well, I sure hope PAKing the files decreased load times
No... I deliberately increased load times to make the anticipation all the greater.

Just kidding.

Yes... load time for the mod is MUCH QUICKER then it would be without PAKing the files.

I hope you guys are enjoying the mod... I'll release a graphical update as more units become available later-on, but it's definately a ton of fun now and a LOT better then my 1st v1.0 release.

Errr... someone skipped this and dug-up the older v1.1 Wolfshanze mod... just wanted to ensure they don't miss the newer version here!

Actually, this is the one I downloaded. I posted in the other thread by mistake. This means that I saw the issues I had in this mod, not the older version. Still a rockin mod, though! :goodjob:

EDIT: err, nevermind. I thought I had applied the patch to my re-install, but a test game reveals I hadn't :blush:. Carry on then. :D

I can't download this file from filefront. When I click on the download button, it just dumps me to the homepage of filefront. It appears this file has been deleted. Where else might I be able to get this?

Fargin' Iceholes! I don't know what happened, but somehow my file is not there anymore... I'm re-uploading the file and will provide a new link shortly. Unfortunately, I don't have v2.0 anymore... I was in the middle of an "upgrade" to v2.1... so I'll just call it v2.1 and upgrade it now... I wanted to add more for the next version, but I'll put out what I have so-far. v2.1 is also fully compatible with v2.0 save-games if you're concerned about that stuff!

New link coming soon... hang-on.

Okay... broken link fixed with new (sorta) v2.1 version of mod... kinda lame upgrade over v2.0, but still better then the previous... I was going to wait till I had more changes to post, but this is better then nothing since I didn't have v2.0 anymore!

Not yet... was going to in v2.1, but I had to release it sooner then expected due to filefront deleting my file for no good reason.

I like the mod, good work! Any chance of adding Dales Combat mod for ranged bombardment?

Getting a CTD, here's the autosave.

Getting a CTD, here's the autosave.
Sorry for the problem... not sure where it's coming from... if it's from the mod itself or (quite possibly) a corrupted save file.

I loaded the save you provided and when going to the next turn it CTD. I also tried accessing the world builder and it crashed then too, so I can't even look around to see if there might be a problem with another civ in your game.

All I can say is that I've played several games all the way through with this mod (yours is currently around 790AD) and have had no CTD problems with the mod.

I can only say perhaps this particular save may have been corrupted... have you tried going back one or two turns and see if you can get a stable game from a previous save? That's usually what I do whenever I have a crash problem and it usually works to go back a turn or two.

That worked. You also still have the military academy avaliable before Military Science despite the base game patch fixing it.

That worked. You also still have the military academy avaliable before Military Science despite the base game patch fixing it.
Glad you got it to work so you could continue your game.

As for the Military Academy thing... the Wolfshanze Mod was initially based on v3.02 files... although I didn't think I altered any files that had the Academy in it... wonder which file that is that determines that... I'm sure it's a simple fix (military acadamies are over-rated anyways... I'd rather have the experience bonus from a general, or use him on the field).

Like I said though, I have playtested this mod quite a bit... it should be every bit as stable as the base game itself... if you have a CTD problem that resurfaces with a save, it's usually the save file itself that is the culprit. Every time I added or altered a unit, I checked it in the game... laborious process but the only way to be sure every change took properly and is stable. I "assumed" nothing when I added units... double-checked everything, because nothing is more annoying then investing a lot of time into a game only to have it crash half-way through.

As for the Military Academy thing... the Wolfshanze Mod was initially based on v3.02 files... although I didn't think I altered any files that had the Academy in it... wonder which file that is that determines that... I'm sure it's a simple fix (military acadamies are over-rated anyways... I'd rather have the experience bonus from a general, or use him on the field).

To fix the Military Academy bug, edit UnitInfos.xml. In the great general section change:

Code:
			<Buildings/>
			<ForceBuildings>
				<Building>
					<BuildingType>BUILDING_MILITARY_ACADEMY</BuildingType>
					<bBuilding>1</bBuilding>
				</Building>
			</ForceBuildings>

To this:

Code:
			<Buildings>
				<Building>
					<BuildingType>BUILDING_MILITARY_ACADEMY</BuildingType>
					<bBuilding>1</bBuilding>
				</Building>
			</Buildings>
			<ForceBuildings/>

Thanks Bmarnz... I've changed it on my end... the fix will get out with the next update.

Top Bottom