• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

[BtS MOD] Wolfshanze 1850-1920 Enhancement Mod v2.0

thats not a solution, its a workaround. thanks!:goodjob:
Considering this is NOT a problem with the Wolfshanze Mod, but rather a problem with the base game, and the fact using Automated Workers is a laziness issue in the first place, it damn-well is a solution.

Considering this is NOT a problem with the Wolfshanze Mod, but rather a problem with the base game, and the fact using Automated Workers is a laziness issue in the first place, it damn-well is a solution.

yeah, the AIs are lazy. :rolleyes:

way to have a myopic view of the game.

I only asked a simple question. not your world view on how the game should be played.

-is it a known bug of the game?
-a known bug of the modded game core?
-something with my system?
-a behavior that can be tweaked somewhere in the XML?

all valid extrapolations from the effect i noticed.

It's not from the mod or the mod game core.

It would be an issue with the game itself... fallout is fallout is fallout... if automated workers don't mess with it, then that's a default game problem.

So far as I know, not a single mod for Civ4 has changed the way automated workers do things, and that is most certainly true with the Wolfshanze Mod. When fallout is on the map, fallout is on the map... where it came from won't confuse the AI... fallout is fallout... so if automated workers don't clean fallout, it is an issue with the base game and (believe it or not), you'll have to clean it manually.

What I'm failing to understand is why this is such a huge issue... I have several times stated this is not an issue/fault with the mod, this is strictly a default automated worker issue, and I'm not sure why it's so hard to tell a worker to scrub fallout.

Who said I "blew up"? You interpreted it as a blow up and you couldn't be further from the truth. Your questions have been answered about three times over now and you seem to keep asking the same thing regardless.

If it's not a huge issue, why have you made four posts in this thread about it, and at least one more post in another thread... I have repeatedly stated this is an issue with the base game, yet you'd rather blame me for "blowing up", instead of just going "oh, I see, it's a problem with the base game" and continuing to repeat yourself about a problem with the base game that has nothing to do with my mod.

I answered all your questions in the first post, yet you fail to understand my answers. Maybe you just don't like the only correct answer, so you keep probing for a different answer when there isn't one... manually clean the fallout... that's your answer whether or not you like it.

*sigh*

Here's the question though- does the AI scrub fallout? If not, then there's a problem (that likely could be fixed by AI work)

It may not be your problem, but I'd check and see if there's an AI patch to solve the problem.

Here's the question though- does the AI scrub fallout? If not, then there's a problem (that likely could be fixed by AI work)

It may not be your problem, but I'd check and see if there's an AI patch to solve the problem.

the ai doesnt seem to be scrubbing the fallout either. i have noticed it disappears naturally after some time. i'll do some searching for an AI patch, thanks!

If the AI is not scrubing fallout that's a bug that so far has slipped through the cracks. If this is true, bring it up in these forums: http://forums.civfanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=245 That's where the batter AI forums are, and the issue stands the highest chance of being adressed there.

i've been out of the loop for a bit...took a break from the game and didn't get to even play some of the updates. i do like this version, very stable and has alot of nice new artwork and other goodies.

i do have one problem which has been constant for some time now. i like to play as poland and i upgrade my units as soon as i can afford to. when it comes to upgrading riflemen to infantry, during the turn after i pay for the upgrades and the game cycles thru the units for their orders...i get to about 40 or so infantry, the game crashes. my questions are: can someone tell me how to change this unit back to the default infantry to see if that solves the problem or suggest another polish infantry flavor unit i can replace this one with?

how could it possibly be a graphics file error when it didn't crash until a 40th iteration? sounds much more like the typical Beyond the Sword memory / Page File / graphics software/hardware error... try clearing your cache every time before you play (located in Civ4 under My Games in the App folder under your User Names' My Documents directory [i won't get too much into it if you're not interested]), if you don't already. I know, it doesn't make sense that one has to do such extraordinary effort for 1 game when one's system isn't so bad, but that's Beyond the Sword for you, as Firaxis is trying to push yet another money-making product out while their last isn't as stable as it should be...

thanks for the suggestion. i have been deleting the cache every time a new version of the mod comes out or i change something about the game, but i hadn't been good about doing it when i load a saved game. i tried this twice from the save point. the first time i got an application hang, the second time, i got a ctd after fortifying the 41st infantry. it doesn't always happen after 40iterations...but 40 seems to be the median number for whatever reason.

i think the problem lies somewhere in this flavor unit because this began happening after asio introduced this unit into his poland mod and has continued happening in this mod....2 different mods, same result. this is why i would like instruction on how to return to the default infantry or plug another unit in there. if it stops happening, then i can be sure it's the unit, if it doesn't, then something else is wrong.

it's worth a try! would replacing this entry with the default infantry in the same file work? this is in the CIV4ArtDefines_Unit.xml [located in Wolfshanze\Assets\XML\Art folder]... (keeping the 'TYPE' name reference- don't forget to backup the file); sorry i am no expert on civ mod'in, but my best guess if i was to try it- just trying to help :goodjob:
Spoiler :
Code:
<UnitArtInfo>
			<Type>ART_DEF_UNIT_INFANTRY_POLISH</Type>
			<Button>,Art/Interface/Buttons/Units/Infantry.dds,Art/Interface/Buttons/Unit_Resource_Atlas.dds,8,3</Button>
			<fScale>0.44</fScale>
			<fInterfaceScale>1.0</fInterfaceScale>
			<bActAsLand>0</bActAsLand>
			<bActAsAir>0</bActAsAir>
			<NIF>Art/Units/Polish/Infantry/Infantry.nif</NIF>
			<KFM>Art/Units/Infantry/Infantry.kfm</KFM>
			<SHADERNIF>Art/Units/Polish/Infantry/Infantry.nif</SHADERNIF>
			<ShadowDef>
				<ShadowNIF>Art/Units/01_UnitShadows/UnitShadow.nif</ShadowNIF>
				<ShadowAttachNode>BIP Pelvis</ShadowAttachNode>
				<fShadowScale>0.9</fShadowScale>
			</ShadowDef>
			<fBattleDistance>0.35</fBattleDistance>
			<fRangedDeathTime>0.05</fRangedDeathTime>
			<bActAsRanged>1</bActAsRanged>
			<TrainSound>AS2D_UNIT_BUILD_UNIT</TrainSound>
			<AudioRunSounds>
				<AudioRunTypeLoop/>
				<AudioRunTypeEnd/>
			</AudioRunSounds>
		</UnitArtInfo>
ps - if this doesn't solve the problem, but does change the graphics [i mean, it's a wider-range problem] then you might also try turning down the graphics acceleration on your graphics card [like 2 notches on the bar (it disables cursor/mouse display stuff) from the windows desktop menu- display- advanced, turning off 'write combining' also. It took me a lot of deep research to figure this stuff out to keep my system stable [2GB a ram too] and its rather silly combined with clearing the civ4 CACHE incessantly.. oi vey

You're going way out of your way to delete the Polish infantry... if you don't like the Polish Infantry, simply delete the custom infantry entry in the Civ4UnitArtStyleTypeInfos.xml in the Wolfshanze/Assets/XML/Civilizations Folder.

Looks like this:
Code:
				<StyleUnit>
					<UnitType>UNIT_INFANTRY</UnitType>
					<UnitMeshGroup>
						<EarlyArtDefineTag>ART_DEF_UNIT_INFANTRY_POLISH</EarlyArtDefineTag>
						<LateArtDefineTag>ART_DEF_UNIT_INFANTRY_POLISH</LateArtDefineTag>
						<MiddleArtDefineTag>ART_DEF_UNIT_INFANTRY_POLISH</MiddleArtDefineTag>
					</UnitMeshGroup>
				</StyleUnit>

Or better yet, just change "POLISH" in the lines above to "RUSSIAN"... the infantry looks very similar but is a totally different model.

If the AI is not scrubing fallout that's a bug that so far has slipped through the cracks. If this is true, bring it up in these forums: http://forums.civfanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=245 That's where the batter AI forums are, and the issue stands the highest chance of being adressed there.

thanks for the pointer...ill run some tests using the worldbuilder, just to make sure first. thanks again.

i am very happy to report that changing the polish infantry unit to russian has solved my infantry crash problem. thanks very much wolf and thank u too blitzkrieg fo trying to help:):goodjob:

i am very happy to report that changing the polish infantry unit to russian has solved my infantry crash problem. thanks very much wolf and thank u too blitzkrieg fo trying to help:):goodjob:
Glad to be of help... my "Russian" infantry makes a good substitute for Polish infantry if my normal Polish Infantry gives you any trouble... certainly the Russian infantry is much better to use for Poland then the default (American-looking) infantry.

New US Unique Unit the BO, can go in any tile on map(can walk on water fly through air)Only Spawns during wartime,only 1 allowed,Weapon The Sickly Sick makes all hostile powers surrender & become Vassels due to uncontrolled vomiting in their Armed Forces leading to severe grinning. :mischief: Takes the place of all US Forces

This is not serious its just a bit quiet overhere.

If it's quiet, I'll change my mind and release a new version soon. Breaking save-games in the process... some of the changes I've been wanting to do for awhile will get in this next version... breaking-up Airports into Airbases (+3 EXP & +2 Capacity, comes with Flight) and Airports (+1 Trade, +2 Capacity and Airlifts, comes with Air Superiority)... both will be cheaper so you can build them quicker now (though you would require both to get the full benefit of the old Airport)... this will help get the experienced air force out the door quicker with early flight and allow the "specialization" of cities that just want to be military or just want the trade/airlift capacity.

I'm also breaking-off MachineGun units from the Siege category... their promotions were just too limited in that category (and it made little sense), but I don't want them in the Gunpowder category either, so I invented a new "Trench Unit" category with more specialized unit promotions (and the natural counter, "Infiltration" which gives a +25% bonus against Trench Units to other unit types).

Of course more models/skins will be in the next release too... I'm still debating how much I want to add and/or leave out, but I'll probably release the new version soon (24-72 hours?)... the above changes are already complete.

Glad to hear it wolf, I'm looking forward to seeing the new american units in the game.

Two quick questions. Are you thinking of making a different American UU, one that fits the era of the leaders, or is more era accurate to what it replaces? Or are you fine with the Navy SEAL?

Also are the Motorized Infantry going to make it in this release? Would be nice to split up Infs, it seems odd they go straight from WW1 infs to Robotic Information era Mechanized Fighting Vehicles. It's a lot of work putting a new unit type in though, especially one that wedges into an already existant upgrade path, so not sure if you're into doing that much work on the new release. Just interested to know anything else we can look forward to, and also wanted to plug two ideas that have been thrown around here. Oh, and are MGs going to be the only trench type unit (I'm thinking you might be able to throw in the other two defensive units, anti-tank and SAM inf into that catagory).

Two quick questions. Are you thinking of making a different American UU, one that fits the era of the leaders, or is more era accurate to what it replaces? Or are you fine with the Navy SEAL?
Dunno... haven't really put much thought into it, but the Navy Seal has always seemed a bit creepy to me. Like I said, the main "problem" is that I just haven't really put any thought into a new/different UU for America. America dominates in so many "modern" techs, it may be hard to single one out (and even then, would it be a waste being the last Civ to get a UU when most games are already over by the modern age?).

Also are the Motorized Infantry going to make it in this release? Would be nice to split up Infs, it seems odd they go straight from WW1 infs to Robotic Information era Mechanized Fighting Vehicles. It's a lot of work putting a new unit type in though, especially one that wedges into an already existant upgrade path, so not sure if you're into doing that much work on the new release. Just interested to know anything else we can look forward to, and also wanted to plug two ideas that have been thrown around here.
Another Dunno... this I have thought about a lot, but like you said, it's a lot of work to redo everything the way it needs/should be done. This is more a matter of will I, can I find the time to do what needs to be done... this isn't a quickie fix, it would require some rolled-up sleeves to implement (and time)... at this second, it's not a yes and it's not a no... I'm debating it myself. It will happen sooner or later... either in this release or a later one. Jury is still out for the moment if it will make this release.

Oh, and are MGs going to be the only trench type unit (I'm thinking you might be able to throw in the other two defensive units, anti-tank and SAM inf into that catagory).
As of this second, they (MGs) are the only "Trench Unit" in the game... but that's a good suggestion... I'll look into that... may-well take your suggestion... I'll look at the stats and promotions and think about it.

Top Bottom