(BtS) Modular Mod example (Switzerland)

All I can say is that I tested it again and that the art works fine. Did you check where you put your art files? could you please tell me their full path?

Hi guys,

Civ modular loading is coming in a big way for BTS - all of CIV Golds civs (over 100) will be able to be loaded in a modular fashion for Warlords (thanks to Impaler and purplexus) and in BTS.

I urge any of you wanted to create civs to join is on the CIV Gold team. The point of Gold from day one was to "standardize" the quality of user civs based on user participation. Rather than divide resources or reinvent the wheel, we should be teaming up where possible.

All I can say is that I tested it again and that the art works fine. Did you check where you put your art files? could you please tell me their full path?

I'll send you the module again if your willing, btw the button for the Unit(The Eagle Warrior AKA "Eagle" isn't working either for some reason).

teg, when i downloaded the new version and pulled the switzerland folder out, then put that folder only in my modules folder, it worked

so now i have switzerland in my mod, and a starting point to work from

wyz, what is a timetable on civ4 gold? if you need anyone to do some testing, i'll be more than happy to help. also, once i get a guide to work from, i can do some xml files. at least until school starts again in 3 weeks, then my time will be much more limited.

teg, when i downloaded the new version and pulled the switzerland folder out, then put that folder only in my modules folder, it worked

so now i have switzerland in my mod, and a starting point to work from

wyz, what is a timetable on civ4 gold? if you need anyone to do some testing, i'll be more than happy to help. also, once i get a guide to work from, i can do some xml files. at least until school starts again in 3 weeks, then my time will be much more limited.

Thanks. I'll hit you up with a PM. A lot of the leg work doesn't require a tonne of XML knowledge, just some patience.

Seems a bit out of place, but:

Does anyone has any interest in upgrade this civilization to a BTS version with a Unique Building? Proposition:

Tarifverbund/Nahverkehrsnetz/Postnetz
(something to simulate the high standard of public transportation in Switzerland. No country in the world has that big a national transportation "net" like CH, and it is used quite often by many Swiss. Besides the modernity of the system, we find also in its history the build-up of many lines to all those mountainous villages/resorts etc. . It really is something unique to Switzerland which is not again related to Banks, Chocolate or Cheese ;)).

replaces Public Transport
adds 1 :commerce: to every town or village in the city radius
+ 1 :health:
+ 3 :health: from coal, oil
150 :hammers:

To weak or to strong?

Hi, I wanted to try this one out because my own civ's aren't working at all (they crash at loading xml). so I loaded this mod, which works, in the upper right corner of the menu, there is the word 'switzerland', but when I want to start a game I can't choose switzerland. Any ideas?

There is a folder "Switzerland" in "Switzerland/Assets/Modules"

Copy it, rename the copy and change all files to your liking (let's say we replace "Switzerland" with "Liechtenstein" both in the file names and in the XML files themselves). Now you have a mod with two custom civilizations.

help me

everytime i download a mod i save it under firaxis civ 4 bts mods and get the game going but once i go to advanced and click it and the game reloades i have no idea how to be that civ, its not under play now, scenarios, custom games or anything and i have been trying to do this for hours with different mods but it never seems to work, does anyone have any words of advice? im confused big time. help would be much appreciated

Top Bottom