BTS music?

Discussion in 'Civ4 - General Discussions' started by maddogmark25, Nov 6, 2007.

1. maddogmark25

maddogmark25 Chieftain

I was looking for some of the new background music in the assets folder for BTS, and noticed that the new BG music is missing from the folder. Is there anywhere I can d/l the new music?

2. maddogmark25

maddogmark25 Chieftain

bump cuz it fell off the front page and noone replied :(

3. Methos

Methos HoF Quattromaster Moderator Hall of Fame Staff

Are you sure? Did you check this folder?

\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Assets\Sounds

I have five sub-folders in that folder, each containing music/sound files.

4. maddogmark25

maddogmark25 Chieftain

I have all the other sound files, but the new background music is all missing

is ashame, because I like all the new scores, especially some of the classic era music, and some of the redone Civ 3 tracks

5. gunter

gunter King

Hmmm....am I the only one who doesn't hear any music together with the Wonders splash screens or is there a way to trigger the music on also over there ?

Thanks

6. maddogmark25

maddogmark25 Chieftain

that might mean you are missing sound files, because I dont think there is any option to trigger wonder music...of course I could be wrong, but I dont think so :p

noone answered my original question either why cant I find the new BTS music in the BTS sound folder, even though it still plays ingame?

7. Catharsis

Catharsis catch u on the flip scythe

What exactly do you mean by 'background music'? Do you mean the opening menu track or the in-game music?

8. gunter

gunter King

Cause I'm bit ******** I dind't understand yet if hearing music during wonders build up screen animations is part of the game or not. I don't hear any music when I see wonders build up animations screens...is this normal or I am the only one who simply see the wonder animations without any music ?

thanks

9. maddogmark25

maddogmark25 Chieftain

catharsis: the new ingame music, some of which are redone civ3 tracks which sound pretty cool

gunter: hmmm well that must mean that you are missing sound files...I really cant think of anything else...might try re installation, but other than that , Im really not sure

10. gunter

gunter King

Which music do you hear ? Always the same or does it change depending.... on ?

Anyone could please point me to the sound wonder music folder to check it out ? The strange thing is that I can hear every other sound present...I suppose

11. gunter

gunter King

Sorry to quote myself,I have an extra question,inside diplo character trait screen,do you hear music also over there ?

Thanks again

12. ggganz

ggganz a.k.a. The Scyphozoa

They are not redone, they are the same as before. The only redone one is the one that came in Vanilla, used to play in Classical but now plays in Ancient.

13. maddogmark25

maddogmark25 Chieftain

eh..they sound great though...can someone tell me why they are NOt in my soundtrack folder???

14. gunter

gunter King

If I had no sound at all it would worry me less but I do miss both the diplo music and the wonders one only....do you have any hints about the cause or the solution?

Thanks

15. ggganz

ggganz a.k.a. The Scyphozoa

You are looking in the subfolders right?

16. PieceOfMind

PieceOfMind Drill IV Defender Retired Moderator

A lot of the music is in

C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Assets\Sounds\Soundtrack

(if you use default directory for the installation)

Also,

C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Assets\Sounds\Diplomacy

17. maddogmark25

maddogmark25 Chieftain

the music is not there i have looked in the soundtrack folder, I am talking about the BTS soundtrack folder, its missing almost all of the music...

and gunter, you should really start your own thread, because you are probably not going to get many helpful answers by posting your question in someone elses thread