11. NamliaM
12. Darius_Silva
13. bjarkekr
14. Phabuk
15. wolfman1234
16. HitAnyKey
17. Crazy Joe
18. oyzar

Age of Epics is a mod i've created for my solo-games. If you're interested, please reply here!

Here's a breakdown of the mod:

Technology costs changed
- Ancient: 300%
- Classical: 400%
- Medieval: 450%
- Renaissance: 500%
- Industrial: 500%
- Modern: 500%

Turns increased
- With the technologies being 3-5 times longer, the turns have being altered accordingly. There are approximately 4 times more turns in the game.

Map enlarged
- Map is 150% the size of a huge map, to accommodate for 18 civs.

Unit Movements doubled

Promotions
- - Barracks & Ikhanda now features 5 experience points.
- West Point is available as an improvement, not a wonder, and adds a further 8 experience points

Settler available with Pottery

Technology Prereq Changes
- Map Making (Writing)
- Printing Press (Civil Service/Banking)
- Education (Civil Service/Theology)

Sure is. Since the game will be played on the quick setting, it allows MASSIVE armies will be constructed.

Plus, you have time for many, many wars in each era. :cool:

wow, well let me join to....

Wacky is indeed the word JMaltman... Lets see quick = 66% of Normal
Marathon is 200% of normal, so quick to Marathon is 300%

We have the techspeed of > Marathon and the building speed of quick, sounds like this will be a strange experience...

I tried out your mod a little this weekend SP... and I suggest EVERYONE do the same before this game starts. One of your tech changes has a HUGE impact on the early game... and with the tech rate, I found myself with way more early workers and crappy units than I've ever dreamed of in the past.

It could also make for a ponderously slow beginning to the game, before things start to get interesting.

This game would scream online power session to start... but we know how difficult that is to coordinate with 18.

A power session would be almost impossible. However if we can get a few days where we get through more than 1 turn, that would help the game along. Also, with more units likely to be built, there will be more to do anyway... to keep things interesting.

A power session would be almost impossible. However if we can get a few days where we get through more than 1 turn, that would help the game along. Also, with more units likely to be built, there will be more to do anyway... to keep things interesting.

True... its just that the computer seems a little confused early on about your changes... which made it a very slow start.

You mean the AI? I find they build A LOT of early units... warriors & archers.

Right. A lot of warriors and archers sitting around doing nothing, other than killing animals and then warriors.

It should be interesting to see how humans deal with their newfound capabilities, vulnerabilities, and limitations...

Top Bottom