[BtS] Rise of Mankind 2

What kind of system requirements are there to run the Giant Earth Map full of cities?
Clearly, more than you have. ;)

I'd say 4gb RAM and a hefty graphics card. (When I upgraded to 4gb there was a world of difference in my CIV playing.)

I'm trying to recreate the medieval times but after I place all of the cities in the world builder and continue to play the game just sits there and stops responding. I can't get past the first turn.

Wow great mod. Im late to this party, but i was wondering if there is anyway to increase performance on lesser machines. Got 2gigs o ram and its almost impossible run this mod with large maps. Thanks for your hard works on this awesome mod!

Wow great mod. Im late to this party, but i was wondering if there is anyway to increase performance on lesser machines.
Add RAM. :D

Thanks Aforess. Actually after looking at it closer I believe it's RevDCM 2.51 SDK, the latest version. This mainly clears up some bugs and most RevDCMers consider it to be a good improvement.

So then, ROM2 is just a modded RevDCM, saving me a lot of trouble. Now I have to brush on my modularity so I can add some units and other things.

I would like to add the Mountains modcomp also; I can do this as hardcoded part of the game, but would like to be able to turn it on and off. Can anyone point me in the direction of how to do this (on/off)?

Thanks Aforess. Actually after looking at it closer I believe it's RevDCM 2.51 SDK, the latest version. This mainly clears up some bugs and most RevDCMers consider it to be a good improvement.

So then, ROM2 is just a modded RevDCM, saving me a lot of trouble. Now I have to brush on my modularity so I can add some units and other things.

I would like to add the Mountains modcomp also; I can do this as hardcoded part of the game, but would like to be able to turn it on and off. Can anyone point me in the direction of how to do this (on/off)?

You mean you want an on/off option when your messing with custom maps setting's ingame? You're asking the wrong forum, ask in the SDK/Python forum, that's where I get my SDK help.

Great mod incrediblly fun single player but, i am wondering is there any way to play this mod or a previous version in multiplayer every time i try to get a game going with a friend one of us crashes

Can anyone here please verify this problem:

All logging options turned off in Civ.ini file. All logging turned off in BUG Options screen.

The system is still logging MPLog.log and XML.log in:

/My Games/Civ../log/

Currently on a large map it is logging in a single player game over 50 megs of TEXT per turn. Just having a file open for writing that large is taking considerable resources, and def. slowing the game down over 40%.

Can someone please verify and possibly find a way to disable this.

Thanks,
CivFanCCs

Hi all
since a few patches ago it seems that mechanized infantry has changed, when building one the increased city defence promotion is unavailable. What is the reason for that and what would be a similarly as effective city defensive unit?
Basically, I don't understand why modern infantry has that promotion but mechanized does not.
Is this change from BtS or RoM?
Also I noticed a major improvement with patch 3.19 regarding MAFs, I can now play
huge maps and play for hours. Might get a MAFs or two later in game but nothing as bad as before the patch. Good job Firaxis! And good job Zapp, this latest RoM version is really very good.
Thank You!

Hi all
since a few patches ago it seems that mechanized infantry has changed, when building one the increased city defence promotion is unavailable. What is the reason for that and what would be a similarly as effective city defensive unit?
Basically, I don't understand why modern infantry has that promotion but mechanized does not.
Is this change from BtS or RoM?
Also I noticed a major improvement with patch 3.19 regarding MAFs, I can now play
huge maps and play for hours. Might get a MAFs or two later in game but nothing as bad as before the patch. Good job Firaxis! And good job Zapp, this latest RoM version is really very good.
Thank You!
I think this because it is a tracked unit and not a gunpowder unit.

I think this because it is a tracked unit and not a gunpowder unit.

Yeah it looks as if that's it. City Garrison promo isn't available to Tracked units, damn that suck. I agree that tanks shouldn't have it, but mech inf advertise as having +25% city defense as standard, whereas all other tanks have no defensive options. So why not put mech inf into some other trees? ;)

Dear yuizaki,

So my computer specification is:

Asus P5QL PRO motherboard | Core 2 Duo E8400 3Ghz | Kingmax 4*1 GB DDR2 1066Mhz |Asus EN7950GT 512MB | Sound Blaster Audigy 2 Value 64bit | 2*250GB Samsung Sata2 HDD

I'm using 181.22 driver for VGA!

Those drivers are very old, latest are 190.38

Wow great mod. Im late to this party, but i was wondering if there is anyway to increase performance on lesser machines. Got 2gigs o ram and its almost impossible run this mod with large maps. Thanks for your hard works on this awesome mod!

You can't get water out of rock!LOL!
Do not increase RAM, anymore than 2gb on 32bit operating system is a waste of money. Also no point adding RAM when the rest of hardware sucks (GPU/CPU), you be
just creating a bottleneck.
Either play smaller maps or buy a faster/more powerful machine.

I was under the impression that 3.4 Gb was the maximum that a 32-bit system could address.

Well it is actually 3gb on XP and only on 32bit CPUs less than 2-3 years old(they can
process some 64bit commands).
For older CPUs you need to edit your boot.cfg too even get the system to see 3gb.
But then each program will only use a maximum of 2gb :)
Although it does help to have spare mem to run everything else while you play the game. Unless you really under RAM there is really no point to go buy more if your machine is slow for games, if you have 1gb yeah go buy more but if you already at 2gb, adding more is not going to make that much of a difference for games.
Playing games that require a lot of resources also require a strong machine, and BtS
does require a lot of resources for big maps.

Crevex:
You might need to edit your startup using msconfig to eliminate all the background programs you dont need, disable your internet/LAN connection, disable your antivirus/firewall and lower all the settings within BtS to the lowest possible configuration.
Then depending on your PC specification (which you haven't told us yet) you might be
able to play large maps to some degree.

hey i run bts on the max graphics settings on a 32 bit vista with 2 gigs of ram and i have little to no problems on my late games on the huge maps

> But then each program will only use a maximum of 2gb

In my last game, which is on a huge map, the process was taking ~1.4G under winxp 32b (with /3G enabled), but it went all the way up (some turns later..) to 3.4G under win7x64 rc!

Well yeah 64bit is different, i was talking about 32bit :crazyeye:
I know 64bit CPUs and software can go much higher.

Going up to 4gb has benefit because it maxes the capacity available to XP (Vista is irrelevant to this discussion). Unless you're mixing & matching SIMMs you have to have multiples of 1gb or 2gb, so your choices are 2gb, 4gb, 8gb, 16gb. And mixing and matching is generally a bad idea. So, going to 4gb does indeed have significant value.

And, the game will use up to 2gb, so if you only have 2gb, then you're not giving the game the full amount because XP itself plus all the other processes you're running will eat up >1gb by themselves.

So, don't pay any attention to these naysayers. Besides, memory is cheap these days.

Top Bottom