• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

[BtS] Rise of Mankind 2

In the early game, distance really matters. As technology improves, it matters less and less.

Also, I would have more than 1 spearman in a city. I advise 2-4 defenders, depending on whether it is a border city or not.

Also, watch out, civics can really have a negative effect. Try to get out of your starting civics ASAP.

This is why I don't use Revolutions. Way too tedious. :)

I suppose some people love it, but to me, it adds way too much micromanagement heck, as the old adage goes.

The point is, one axemen is all I need. As I said, I have never see any revolt when I had axes. Seems that rebels fear one axemen more than anything else, even 4-5 archers. That's bs, IMO. Citizens should not start being rebellious if they are already happy and have everything they need. Or it's just a matter of researching metal casting and looking for copper.

Thanks anyways, I'll follow your tips.

EDIT: David, I really like the mod, I just disagree the way it has been implemented. The idea of being carefull with your citizens or facing revolts is really cool.

afaa2000 - your problem is your science slider is too low. Your people will revolt if you put too much of their money into commerce (taxes) and not enough into science. Keep the science slider at 50% or above and you will be fine. You can get away with a few turns below 50%, but not too much. One thing this does is to keep you from expanding too fast and crashing your economy. Also, can't tell from those screens, but they will get restless if they don't have your state religion or have another religion in the city that isn't your state religion or if they are too far from your capitol. However, it looks like you are running Monarchy, once you switch over there the distance thing starts to settle down. Civics choices are pretty important for Revolutions too, be sure to read the descriptions and experiment.

On 2.71 version of Revolutions, you will find a icon on the upper right on the row of icons that looks like Che Guevera - click that and you will find a LOT of information about what is specifically bothering your cities.

Good luck and have fun! :)

In previous versions of the game I was often able to be the first civ to sail around the world. Now galleys and triremes can also enter the ocean but when I try to do that, the ship always sinks when I move it only one tile away from the coast line. On the other hand the AI ships do not seem to have that problem, they always manage to sail around the world long before I have researched optics. Is this intended?

In previous versions of the game I was often able to be the first civ to sail around the world. Now galleys and triremes can also enter the ocean but when I try to do that, the ship always sinks when I move it only one tile away from the coast line. On the other hand the AI ships do not seem to have that problem, they always manage to sail around the world long before I have researched optics. Is this intended?

This is a feature. What actually happens is that when any trireme or galley enters the ocean there is a very good chance it will sink. However this will only happen to one ship per civ per turn. So if you send 7 out, one will sink each turn for 7 turns. The chance of sinking also decreases with naval warfare and shipbuilding. Allowing exploration. There is a RoM Mod which puts things back.

This is a feature. What actually happens is that when any trireme or galley enters the ocean there is a very good chance it will sink. However this will only happen to one ship per civ per turn. So if you send 7 out, one will sink each turn for 7 turns. The chance of sinking also decreases with naval warfare and shipbuilding. Allowing exploration. There is a RoM Mod which puts things back.

Thanks for the information! In my current game on an archipelago map I just lost a city against a mongolian army attacking from a fleet of about 20 galleys and some triremes before I was even able to see the borders of any AI islands. Very frustrating.

Ok, I did follow your tips. So, what do I have to do now ?

Civics: Prophets and Charity
3 spearmen in a city.
7 happy faces against 2 unhappy
5 healthy faces against 2 unhealthy.
Slider at 80 %.
There aren't any aditional religions.

A few years later, I could set up the slider to 95 % and moved 3 aditional spearmen to that city. It didn't change anything.

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

The beginning is tough, granted. You need to go grab Republic or Democracy ASAP, as it is your civic's that are hurting you. Also, don't expand much until you get off your original civics. Otherwise, I think you can probably stall by waiting and bribing cities as needed.

The beginning is tough, granted. You need to go grab Republic or Democracy ASAP, as it is your civic's that are hurting you. Also, don't expand much until you get off your original civics. Otherwise, I think you can probably stall by waiting and bribing cities as needed.

That's the point. It's not always tough, sometimes it's even easy. Let me show you:

Spoiler :

Did you see ? The same settings and strategy. I have just one axemen in each city, slider at 80 %. The same pros and cons. I won that game and didn't see any revolts the whole game. It looks random, as I said. That's a cool feature, but unbalanced. The revolution criterias should be more objective, so you could develop a concrete strategy to prevent this from happening.

I forgot to say, I always play at emperor.

You can mess with the Revolution.ini file and change how helpful/hurtful different things are, like happiness, healthiness, ...

You can mess with the Revolution.ini file and change how helpful/hurtful different things are, like happiness, healthiness, ...

I'll try that, thanks.

Hi, I have a question concerning the world builder.

I tried to play a game on the large earth map (28 civs). To relocate some civs / units and to change some terrain tiles i opened the world builder. then i saved the scenario and exited to the main menu.

And now everytime i want to play the scenario i already made contact to every nation on the planet.
Can anyone please help me with that problem? If not maybe at least show me a way to edit the scenario to revoke the contacts....

Thanks for the help.

Misa

I D/Led this mod about 2 weeks ago and have been playing it non-stop (much ti my wife's chagrin). One question I have though is when a building/improvement has secondary benefits I don't seem to get them. Example:

Fisherman's Hut: +5% food with shrimp, +5% Blah-blah, +1 health with salt

(just an example, probably not accurate)

I get the food bonus, but the health/happiness bonuses don't seem to kick in. After I build them, I don't see the benefit in the pane on the right (where all the buildings/improvements are listed). Am I doing something wrong? When it says "+1 health w/ salt" does it have to be in the city limits? Any help is appreciated.

Peace,
Biggie

I D/Led this mod about 2 weeks ago and have been playing it non-stop (much ti my wife's chagrin). One question I have though is when a building/improvement has secondary benefits I don't seem to get them. Example:

Fisherman's Hut: +5% food with shrimp, +5% Blah-blah, +1 health with salt

(just an example, probably not accurate)

I get the food bonus, but the health/happiness bonuses don't seem to kick in. After I build them, I don't see the benefit in the pane on the right (where all the buildings/improvements are listed). Am I doing something wrong? When it says "+1 health w/ salt" does it have to be in the city limits? Any help is appreciated.
First you need to have salt inside your borders. Then build a quary on it and connect it to your city with a road.

First you need to have salt inside your borders. Then build a quary on it and connect it to your city with a road.

Did that. The salt (or appropriate resource) shows up in the top right in my resource list. Let me see if I can get a print screen to show you an illustration.

hi there,
Your mod is magnificent... it beats the vanilla BTS hands down! However, I encountered a problem and would like someone's advice to solve it...

I'm attempting to create a scenario with BTS Worldbuilder with a huge Earth-28 civs map provided by RoM. The scenario is attempting to emulate the current world with all of its monuments in the proper places, political tensions close to normal, and technologies by region. However, in the modern world, the Apollo Program is already completed (by the U.S.) and the Hubble Space Telescope and the ISS are in orbit... how do I make it to where they already have been completed when the scenario starts and are not able to be built past then? The use of the Manhattan Project as a national wonder solved THAT particular problem... I just built in the 'Albuquerque' city in my United States... but these Projects are just a tad tougher to figure out. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Donny

STATEMENT:
"Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it."
-George Satayana

RESPONSE:
"We learn from history that we learn nothing from history."
-George Bernard Shaw

hi there,
Your mod is magnificent... it beats the vanilla BTS hands down! However, I encountered a problem and would like someone's advice to solve it...

I'm attempting to create a scenario with BTS Worldbuilder with a huge Earth-28 civs map provided by RoM. The scenario is attempting to emulate the current world with all of its monuments in the proper places, political tensions close to normal, and technologies by region. However, in the modern world, the Apollo Program is already completed (by the U.S.) and the Hubble Space Telescope and the ISS are in orbit... how do I make it to where they already have been completed when the scenario starts and are not able to be built past then? The use of the Manhattan Project as a national wonder solved THAT particular problem... I just built in the 'Albuquerque' city in my United States... but these Projects are just a tad tougher to figure out. Any suggestions?

I don't know much about Scenario's, Try asking in the Main C&C forum. They usually can answer most questions thrown their way.

After recent experiences I really must say that this is the most stupid feature in the whole MOD. I really don't understand why the AI ships do not sink at all. Just when I think I have my remote continent for myself, the opponents can sail across the globe with huge fleets of galleys and attack me wherever they like. It spoils the game fun for me. :sad:
I do not want to play every game as if I was on a pangaea map.

Top Bottom