• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

[BtS] Rise of Mankind 2

That's crazy! Every time I put my galley, even accidentally into an ocean tile, it is destroyed by a storm. Every time! There hasn't been a time when it wasn't killed off. And I looked at world builder and they have fleets all over the place like is the 1880's.

EDIT: Afforess- I just checked out your mini mods and you have a mod that corrects this?

That's crazy! Every time I put my galley, even accidentally into an ocean tile, it is destroyed by a storm. Every time! There hasn't been a time when it wasn't killed off. And I looked at world builder and they have fleets all over the place like is the 1880's.

EDIT: Afforess- I just checked out your mini mods and you have a mod that corrects this?

If you send two galleys only one will sink! And yes Afforess' seafaring mod removes this feature.

I was just wondering when the next version of the excellent mod is coming out? Because I'm quite excited for the new features!:)

speaking of annoying things. I got a crash to desktop right after clicking on the end the diplomacy dialog with the country that uses Tokagawa.

This is the first time Rise of Mankind has ever crashed. :(

I posted this in the tech support thread and it was suggested I post here to get the input of those that use this mod or by the author himself.

I am using RoM 2.71 with BTS 3.19. When I upgraded Windows XP Pro to SP3, I now get a Runtime error message and crash of BTS when I double click on a save RoM game.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!

Hi there, I'd really love to play your mod, however every time I attempt to load it at the menu screen BTS crashes and I get an error message that says it has something to do with msvcr71.dll:
AppName: civ4beyondsword.exe AppVer: 3.1.9.0 ModName: msvcr71.dll
ModVer: 7.10.3052.4 Offset: 000028ed

Any help with this would be great!

Hi there, I'd really love to play your mod, however every time I attempt to load it at the menu screen BTS crashes and I get an error message that says it has something to do with msvcr71.dll:
AppName: civ4beyondsword.exe AppVer: 3.1.9.0 ModName: msvcr71.dll
ModVer: 7.10.3052.4 Offset: 000028ed

Any help with this would be great!

Google msvcr71.dll, download it from one of the links, unarchive it, and place the dll in your C:/Windows/System32 folder, then try loading the mod again.

Hello,

I am a happy switcher from PC to MAC and I was wondering if some talented programmer would re-compile BTS as soon as ASPYR unveils the necessary SDK tool as it seems they should do soon !!!!!

Until then I am stuck with a dualboot only for CIV4....

Any hope ???

Lolo

Hello,

I am a happy switcher from PC to MAC and I was wondering if some talented programmer would re-compile BTS as soon as ASPYR unveils the necessary SDK tool as it seems they should do soon !!!!!

Until then I am stuck with a dualboot only for CIV4....

Any hope ???

Lolo

Use BootCamp, or Dual Boot for Mac's. Aspyr is probably never going to release a SDK tool, as they are notorious for being a lousy company.

I posted this in the tech support thread and it was suggested I post here to get the input of those that use this mod or by the author himself.

I am using RoM 2.71 with BTS 3.19. When I upgraded Windows XP Pro to SP3, I now get a Runtime error message and crash of BTS when I double click on a save RoM game.

The first question I would have to ask is "Can you start a new game of RoM?" If not then something may have gone wrong with the RoM folder or directory. Unlikely but possible and it is a simple test.

My second question would be "Have you changed your RoM install in any way?". A simple change in the XML may cause problems. This may be as simple as fixing a spelling error. Adding or removing modules may cause it. Again not likely in this case, but it has caused problems for people in the past when they do two things/upgrades at the same time.

My third question would be "Do you have any RoM extensions added to RoM 2.71?". This may help narrow down which questions I/we will ask next. It may also help us identify which of us can help you.

When it comes to trying to troubleshoot problems which are not on our machine all we can do is ask questions and hope to get a better idea of your installation and what the actual fault is that is causing your problem.

I had the same issue with msvcr71.dll downloaded and dropped into the system32 folder and still get the crash. Im using Windows 7 right now though instead of XP SP3

I had the same issue with msvcr71.dll downloaded and dropped into the system32 folder and still get the crash. Im using Windows 7 right now though instead of XP SP3
Sorry, I forgot a step. after you do that, open up start -> run, and then copy and paste this in the run bar:

regsvr32 "c:\windows\System32\msvcp71.dll"

Then try again.

A quick sideways thought - did you have the memory fix in place so you could access more than 2Gb of memory? If so, is it possible that upgrading the OS turned this off?

Sometimes I see enemy cities that seem to be in a "never ending slave revolt". Once this happened to one of my own cities. The slave revolt did not end even after I abandoned slavery. I suppose this is a bug, right?

Sometimes I see enemy cities that seem to be in a "never ending slave revolt". Once this happened to one of my own cities. The slave revolt did not end even after I abandoned slavery. I suppose this is a bug, right?

This bug is well known and documented. Zappara should fix it in 2.8

I'm wondering how does revolution work. It looks totally random. At beginning, the only way I find to prevent this from happening is placing one axeman at each city. So, it's all about getting copper or not.

Happiness look like useless, once some of my cities grow rebelious even with 9 happy faces against 3 or 4 unhappy. Cult rate doesn't help either, I build wonders, school of scribes, the same problem keeps happening. 4 archers in each city cant stop the rebels.

Here are some screenshots

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

Look at your commerce rate. It's only 40%. Anything below 55% really starts ticking off your citizens. The fact that your commerce rate is 40% is a sign that you're expanding too fast.

Actually, the commerce rate dropped after years of wars against the rebels. The same city, 900 years before the revolts:

Spoiler :

75 % commerce rate, but already being rebellious.

I never had any revolt with axemens.

Top Bottom