[BtS] Rise of Mankind

Really loving this mod! Can someone tell me (or point the way) to how to interpret the new "Other Civ" info at the bottom right. I understand some of them (since they are old), but there are many new ones that I can't understand!

I've fixed the download link for v1.03 in the first post - this really old version is once again available. This version does not contain custom dll so it should work on Mac computers.

Download Rise of Mankind v1.03

If you are looking for the newest v2.92 version, please check Rise of Mankind 2 -thread.

Love the mod but having a major problem and its really getting annoying since I can't figure out what is wrong and can't find anything about in anywhere.

Seems my 8 first cities all decided to stop using tiles, which of course means they are slowly dying and not really producing anything. I can't manually make them use the tiles or anything like that and I can see no difference between those cities and my other 10 cities that still work properly. I have other cities that are bigger etc and the only thing that these 8 seem to have in common is that they are the happiest of my cities.

Btw this has never happened to me in normal Civ4.

Eh,DOWNLOADED AND put it in bts mods,But,What i got was 10000 errors
If this happens, generally it means you got a bad download, or the extraction didn't work as planned.
Basically it sounds like you are missing a ton of files, it happened to me as well, but re downloading and extracting solved the problem ?
Good luck.
-G.

hello, what decises that in 2.92 there are not anymore combat percentages adding ex. for a diesel ships +100% vs wooden ships? or +150% for tanks vs melee units? it was good for realism as it was much harder to have a tank destroyed with ex. archer or cavalry. Which component removes this? maybe dawn of man? i would also want to propose adding bigger percentages in version 3.0 - those 100 or 200% are sometimes not enough and ex. 10 line ships can destroy battleship if they attack all together in same turn, what is not realistic. Thanks for answer

hello, what decises that in 2.92 there are not anymore combat percentages adding ex. for a diesel ships +100% vs wooden ships? or +150% for tanks vs melee units? it was good for realism as it was much harder to have a tank destroyed with ex. archer or cavalry. Which component removes this? maybe dawn of man? i would also want to propose adding bigger percentages in version 3.0 - those 100 or 200% are sometimes not enough and ex. 10 line ships can destroy battleship if they attack all together in same turn, what is not realistic. Thanks for answer

This is the Rise of Mankind 1 thread. If you are playing RoM 2.92 or RoM - A New Dawn then they have their own threads or you may have better luck getting an answer in the RoM Forum.

hi guys, i have a question
well, mi pc is an atlhon xp (tm)64, with 1 gb of ram, 128 mb video (integrated), and i've installed Rise of mankind 2.92+ a new dawn 1.75h,
but the game get slowly after middle time.
so I decide to buy something to make the game more fast, what should I buy?
should I buy a memory Ram or a video Card?
note: i just can buy one of these things, what do you advice to me?, (i just have some money to buy a Ram of 1Gb ddr1, I will put these memories in dual channel mode)

I realise this is almost necrofelia but I seem to have this problem and cant figure it out.

o the no interface players, are you patched to 3.13 for BtS?

Or are you using Blue Marble?

Back many pages ago there was similar problems. Most were cause by not being Patched to 3.13 for BtS. Some were using vanilla BtS or version 3.02. This caused problems.

I don't recall the Blue Marble fix though.

The answers are here just back in the threads pages somewhere.

JosEPh
I'm trying to reinstall Blue Marble.
The cause of the problem is probably that I just reinstalled Windows on a new harddrive, whilst I'm running CIV4 off the original one. The game is completely up to date.

I did the registry thing but that didnt work. Not using blue marble atm. Tried other mods but they do seem to have the interface, and under vanilla and those mods options etc work (duh) its just this one mod it doesnt.

Anyone have any other suggestions?

I realise this is almost necrofelia but I seem to have this problem and cant figure it out.

I did the registry thing but that didnt work. Not using blue marble atm. Tried other mods but they do seem to have the interface, and under vanilla and those mods options etc work (duh) its just this one mod it doesnt.

Anyone have any other suggestions?

A better place to ask the question would have been the [BtS] Rise of Mankind 2 thread as this one is old. You could also look for an answer in the http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=338931 in the Rise of Mankind forum.

The first point in the FAQ is

1. I'm missing UI elements (buttons, city screen not working). What should I do?

This is known to happen on some computer configurations. Here are few steps that can be done to fix this problem:
  • Make sure you have patched BtS to version 3.19. This mod won't work on previous versions.
  • Make sure language in BtS is set to English. In main menu click Advanced->Options and on Game options page, there's language setting. Starting from Rise of Mankind 2.8 the mod should work with French, Spanish, Italian and German language settings but the translations are incomplete
  • Make sure that the mod folder name is 'Rise of Mankind' in 'Beyond the Sword\Mods' -folder.
    * If you have installed addons, make sure you followed instructions carefully. Failing to do so might cause UI problems.
  • If you are using Rise of Mankind 2.6 or later, go to 'Rise of Mankind' -folder, open file CvAltroot.py to Notepad and follow the instructions there on how to edit that file and where to move it. This file should fix this problem on some operating systems
  • If any of these didn't solve your problem, then you should report it version 2.x bug reports -thread. Read the instructions what info you need to post when this problem occurred. Posting the log files from your game is the fastest way for me to check what went wrong, usually with 'No interface' problem it's python error or that the mod couldn't find config xml files.

Have you tried all these?

wow...been playing this mod for about a week now and i must say it makes the game absolutely impossible. the advantage is so heavily in favor of barbarians and opponents that it ruins the game. i can regenerate maps until i get the desired starting position and save the game. then i try many different ways to keep up with the game and it just cant happen no matter how much i reload and retry. this mod looks good "on paper" but playability is just absurd.

wow...been playing this mod for about a week now and i must say it makes the game absolutely impossible. the advantage is so heavily in favor of barbarians and opponents that it ruins the game. i can regenerate maps until i get the desired starting position and save the game. then i try many different ways to keep up with the game and it just cant happen no matter how much i reload and retry. this mod looks good "on paper" but playability is just absurd.

It is more usual to get the contrary statement that the mod is too easy and humans need to up the difficulty level when playing.

It may be the options you have chosen. Try playing without "Revolutions", "Barbarian Civ", "Raging Barbarians" or "Agresive AI". The AI for barbarians was "improved" in "RoM2 with AND" and more so in "Rise of Mankind - A New Dawn".

It is more usual to get the contrary statement that the mod is too easy and humans need to up the difficulty level when playing.

It may be the options you have chosen. Try playing without "Revolutions", "Barbarian Civ", "Raging Barbarians" or "Agresive AI". The AI for barbarians was "improved" in "RoM2 with AND" and more so in "Rise of Mankind - A New Dawn".

actually i deserve to be talked to worse than that but thanks for the maturity.

sorry for my earlier post, like Jim Ross says "never write when your angry". i apologize for blasting all the hard work put into this with my crybaby post and with only a week experience with the mod. it was undeserved. i actually have a prtty good game going right now, it is just so vastly different than an unmodded BTS its literally a whole new game REQUIRING new strategies. i still say the sciences move way too slow but maybe ill find a way of improving it in days to come! :)

yeah i do play with crazy settings lol (1 barb city per civ, 4-5 continents and usually between 18-20 civs, raging barbs, etc).

i promise a more thought out post next time, i owe the creator at least that :)

Raging Barbs is just asking to get you rear end handed to you... Unless, you've played the Mod for some time or are a Deity level player. ;)

And with 18-20 AI at game start with another 18-20 Barb Cities in the Game you better have a Good gaming Computer with some Ram and processing power. Otherwise you might get a bit"upset" when in the late Medieval or Early Renaissance Era you start to bog down.

Good Luck and Welcome to Rise of Mankind, or RoM as we say around here. :)

JosEPh

Love this mod! :thanx:

Can someone point me to what file(s) need to be modified, or the existence of a fix, for the Steel Mills bug? My search-foo fails both google general search, and within this forum.

The bug to which I refer: In 1.75c (Desura), building a Steel Mill in a city w/o electricity, it appears to offer no production boost. With electricity, it seems to offer a 15% bonus (which is what is should offer w/o electricity, and is 10% short of what it should do w/ electricity).

It could be that the building works - but that the tooltip feedback is wrong?

I assume someone knows about this issue?

Again, awesome mod!!! :goodjob:
----
Edit:
I found the data in CIV4BuildingInfos.xml. However, comparing the entry for steel mill with factory shows nothing out of ordinary. It looks like it should be working. But the numbers don't add up in my game. The only production bonus given is when there is power. But w/o power, no production bonus, or I'm just being an idiot (very possible! ;)
Edit2:
It seems the PowerYieldModifiers replace the base YieldModifiers, rather than augmenting them. Hence, I think it's just a bug in the CIV4BuildingInfos.xml that the power modifier is 10, instead of 15+10=25. I simply changed it, and now things seem to be working well. :)

Awesome Mod :goodjob:

I've downloaded this Mod but I'd like to know how to add new Civilizations and Leaders to it, any help would be great :confused:

Top Bottom