• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

[BtS] Star Trek Mod

You roleplay season three of Enterprise. It's a script-based scenario. Heading "east" is the way to go. If you see a plot marked with an episode you haven't had an event for yet, it's a good idea to put Enterprise on that plot. And if you die in combat, Enterprise gets respawned on the same plot, but you have to repair your weapons to get to full strength (and engines too around Azati Prime).

Downloaded this mod last week and have been losing sleep/wasting time in record amounts. Good job! :goodjob:

I love this. I played in in mp a bit recently and though we didn't finish because it crashed it was great. I had some odd problems with hotjoining where it couldn't decompress some parts not sure what that was about.

Anyway playing the galaxy version now with wormholes and all kinds of cool things. Some parts are a bit odd though and for "feel" purposes I have some suggestions. I get why the humans don't start with a value as they are supposed to be weak especially in the enterprize era, but I ended up getting prophets spread from bajor and accepted it which was a bit odd...maybe give the humans some toleration value...prime directive..I don't know.

Exploration goes to fast...I am still in the enterprize era and I have met the borg...thank goodness they didn't declare war on me on site as I expected but I shouldn't really have met them...not sure what to do about that maybe remove deep space probes...make them not appear until a certain era is reached even if you explore where they will appear? I don't know.

In my game the klingons have also accepted the prophets so I have the same religon they do which is odd as well but eh.

For design stuff non feel
Music cut off in my game around turn 50 not sure why was to bad as the music was incredibly cool. As well as the turns move forward the pause between takes longer and longer..not sure if much can be done about that but just thought I would mention it.

This is absolutely wonderful mod. After I finish this game maybe before going to have to go and play the scenarios in order of time...really really enjoying it great work!

Edit: As well the borg at one point went to emancipation and the free religon value....which was pretty hilarious. Is it covered some where what are different about the different versions of the galaxy mod? I assume the alpha quadrant only has the alpha quadrant but what about the independent cities one? Ok now to go back and have earth found the federation...the andorians founded it in the last game I played...that is time to start over gah.

Edit 2: heh once you build the federation it pretty much goes into easy mode...oddly made it all the way to the movies era with no one declearing war on me which was a bit odd.

Alpha Quadrant only has the alpha quadrant civs... map is otherwise the same. Independent cities has independent/barb cities on the map. It's great for making the map have more species on it, but it makes performance horrible (it's the "full" version of the scenario but turn times are way too long on it).

Your post made me think about increasing the movement cost of the terrain. Do you think this might be overkill, a good idea for the galaxy map, or a good idea for the entire mod? I also plan to fix some of the issues you reported (in 4.0, probes will be removed, the AI will be restricted from choosing some religions/civics where needed, values will be founded at the start, and the scenario will have team research nerfed).

Alpha Quadrant only has the alpha quadrant civs... map is otherwise the same. Independent cities has independent/barb cities on the map. It's great for making the map have more species on it, but it makes performance horrible (it's the "full" version of the scenario but turn times are way too long on it).

Your post made me think about increasing the movement cost of the terrain. Do you think this might be overkill, a good idea for the galaxy map, or a good idea for the entire mod? I also plan to fix some of the issues you reported (in 4.0, probes will be removed, the AI will be restricted from choosing some religions/civics where needed, values will be founded at the start, and the scenario will have team research nerfed).

Having played just a few times thus far (and somehow messing the whole thing up installing the wormhole mods, my only complaint is that the AIs are pretty generic in their behavior. Only the Tholians act as I would expect. I'm really pleased with all the ship types, but the probes are boring and interchangeable. I also wish the "alien vessels" one finds could be scrapped to provide a bonus to research, provide parts for a new ship. I really like deploying workers as early as possible in the regular game and I am disappointed that there's really nothing for them to do until you have discovered some resource that happens to lie within your boundaries, an event that happens infrequently.

I had to delete the non-working mod, but I'm going to download it again and (carefully!) read the instructions for the workmholes before installing them again.

Excellent mod!

Having played just a few times thus far (and somehow messing the whole thing up installing the wormhole mods, my only complaint is that the AIs are pretty generic in their behavior. Only the Tholians act as I would expect. I'm really pleased with all the ship types, but the probes are boring and interchangeable. I also wish the "alien vessels" one finds could be scrapped to provide a bonus to research, provide parts for a new ship. I really like deploying workers as early as possible in the regular game and I am disappointed that there's really nothing for them to do until you have discovered some resource that happens to lie within your boundaries, an event that happens infrequently.

I had to delete the non-working mod, but I'm going to download it again and (carefully!) read the instructions for the workmholes before installing them again.

Excellent mod!

How did you install Wormholes? All you should have to do is copy the "Mods" folder from the zip to the "Beyond the Sword" directory, just like you would do when installing the Star Trek Mod itself.

Maybe I'll make the next version of Wormholes have an .exe installer.

I'm unclear whether the newest version has wormholes included, and have hesitated to try downloading that particular (wormholes) mod until I am more clear on how to implement it.

When I had it before, I extracted the wormholes mod into the BTS folder with no results. I looked at it more carefully and tried downloading the files in that folder into the Star Trek folder, and that's when the trouble started.

I downloaded the latest version of the Star Trek mod on thee 21st and spent much of the 22nd marvelling at how some things I didn't gripe about were addressed to my complete satisfaction. I had been going to complain that the kind of things you find in the wreckage scattered about the galaxy are lacking in variety. I was going to suggest that occasionally one should find a lost colony ship or a working vessel besides the alien destroyer (worthless once you surpass Warp 5). Lo and behold if the first game I played when I got home* didn't have my probes discovering warp 5 vessels, colony ships, and construction ships in addition to the usual stuff. Good move! :goodjob:

I'm still trying to figure out whether (and where) it's "safe" to drop in MP3 files with my own custom music. Is there some naming scheme that has to be followed or will the program recognize music files and play them so long as they're in the proper folder?

*I access the internet using the public library's wi-fi network.

A truly fantastic and well done mod!

However, after having played Final Frontier Plus, the wait between turns in the Star Trek mod is pretty hard to take. Hopefully, you will be able to incorporate whatever fixes were able to speed up gameplay in Final Frontier into the next version.

I'm unclear whether the newest version has wormholes included, and have hesitated to try downloading that particular (wormholes) mod until I am more clear on how to implement it.

When I had it before, I extracted the wormholes mod into the BTS folder with no results. I looked at it more carefully and tried downloading the files in that folder into the Star Trek folder, and that's when the trouble started.

Wormholes is not included. (There are wormholes in ST Galaxy, yes, but they're done differently. The actual differences are probably not important unless you're a modder, though).

When you say "no results", you mean you started a game and the Wormholes features were not present in the Civilopedia?

A truly fantastic and well done mod!

However, after having played Final Frontier Plus, the wait between turns in the Star Trek mod is pretty hard to take. Hopefully, you will be able to incorporate whatever fixes were able to speed up gameplay in Final Frontier into the next version.

That is deanej's plan.

Wormholes is not included. (There are wormholes in ST Galaxy, yes, but they're done differently. The actual differences are probably not important unless you're a modder, though).

When you say "no results", you mean you started a game and the Wormholes features were not present in the Civilopedia?.

"No results" means "no changes I could determine". I never thought to check the Civilopedia mainly because by now I have grown accustomed to seeing mods with incomplete 'pedia info (or more lilely, unchanged from the description of the thing it was before the mod changed things.

So... where do I put the wormholes folder? Does it belong in the mods folder where the ST mods reside or should it go into one of the ST mod folders?

Also, I'm new to CIV IV. Anyone got any advice specific to this mod?

Now I've decided to reinstall the wormhole mod, It seems my search-fu is weak. I can't seem to find them.

Help? Please?

In the Wormholes download, you should find a "Mods" folder. (If you double-click on it).

You install it to Beyond the Sword. Copy the Mods folder into Beyond the Sword, the same directory where you copy the Assets and Mods folder from the regular Star Trek Mod download.

I'm not sure what you're saying you can't find, the place to download the Wormholes mod, or the folders on your computer where you install Wormholes to. If the former, the thread can be found in the Star Trek Mod forum, or, more directly, it's here. If the latter, search for "Civ4BeyondSword.exe", as the folder containing that file will be the folder where you install to.

In the Wormholes download, you should find a "Mods" folder. (If you double-click on it).

If it seems that I am confused, it's because I am. :crazyeye: I suffer from anxiety and depression disorders and the meds I take to control them, while bringing emotional stability, seem to eff-up my short-term memory. Example: While playing Civ IV, It'll have a brilliant idea (don't laugh! It happens.) Before I can implement this idea something else has to be done. I'll start doing that "something else" but when it's done, I usually don't remember what I had planned. Only about a quarter of the time I do remember my "brilliant idea" (when I do, it usually works). These "brain farts" make it difficult for me to stay on task without written notes (and I have terrible handwrighting). :D

I deleted that mod when it didn't seem to work, and could not find the correct mod in the downloads section for CIV IV. Fortunately, the links in your sig put me on the track to find the correct mod-mod for the Star Trek mod.

You install it to Beyond the Sword. Copy the Mods folder into Beyond the Sword, the same directory where you copy the Assets and Mods folder from the regular Star Trek Mod download.

I downloaded the Star Trek Expanded mod-mod (which includes the wormholes mod) and installed it according to the instructions. *pause while I test it*

Nope! XML errors while loading. :p

*downloads, installs and tests the wormholes mod for Star Trek*

Well, that was easy.

Never mind. [/Emily Litella]

I am creating a modmod of this mod and have encountered a few problems.

First of all, how was the "no more buildings on conquest of an enemy capitol" error fixed? I changed some of the buildings and resurrected the error.

Second of all, I tried to add a space race victory condition. I added the necessary projects, and the victory condition. Everyone seemed perfectly fine in game and in the civilopedia, but when I started building the "Apollo Program" project, the game crashed. I copied most of the files from the BTS XML.

Does anyone know how to fix these errors?

There never was a "no more buildings on conquest of an enemy capitol" bug (the bug had nothing to do with capitols, but the high amount of buildings on a capitol made it far more likely to appear there); it has to do with a mismatch between what buildings the python thinks a city has and what the SDK thinks. This is typically caused by having an iConquestProb value other than 100 for a building built in said city. bNeverCapture was a problem before 3.0, when I changed the python to use that tag rather than lists in python to store which buildings should be destroyed on capture.

You could try downloading civchecker in the utilities forum to see what could be causing the crash; you'll get a LOT of missing art entries unless you unpack the .fpk files and add the directory they were unpacked to to the list of directories loaded, as civchecker doesn't load .fpk files. You might also want to check out how the Astral Gate condition was done in Final Frontier

Hi,

when im starting the Game the words in the mainmenu are missing. There are only the marks right and left where normaly the words should be.

Is this a known bug or did i something wrong at the installation?

Greetings
Sam

Hmm, I see you have basically every StarShip design, except for the brand knew Luna class.

Oh, Star Trek mod, my Civ4 experience will be complete. :)

btw, I'll be very happy to see the Star-Jellies in deep space.

Top Bottom