[BTS]TF-1 All Praise the Mahatma Day!

20 at this stage, 15 a bit later on, 10 a bit later still? I played a lot because they were the boring first turns...

Ok here we go, my first write up

IT: switch to delhi to clam+cow(pasture built)
Switch delhi to worker(10)

51/2: :coffee:
53: Wheel in -> BW. Found Bootcall
56: pasture built, switch to cow+horse same turn to go on worker but a bit more overflow
60: worker done -> *chariots:D. BW is not in so start roading to joe
65: delhi size 3
67: roading worker attacked by panther:eek:... warrior defends:mischief:
68: joe settles second city (see screen)
69: BW in select pottery figure we will cottage delhi once were done with charoits
76: Joes border pops - move chariot to make sure it is not a third city
77: Bootycall founds Vienne location unknown
78: pot in select writing (no beakers invested)

Maybe I played too many turns but they were rather uneventfull turns it is epic

Our scouting warrior is still alive so we have revealed allmost all the continent, i put shock on our garrison warrior in case barb spears show up

not much else to say... 4 chariots and two workers chopping + 10 HPT I like our chances power rating is .8 despite him having 2 cities and I saw a combat I archer oh Joe :nope:

Screens of capital and booty's land

Iggie your up. Fergie on deck

PS. How do I put the screens in the post rather than as an attachment?

Attachments

• Capital.JPG
    Capital.JPG
    124 KB · Views: 98
  • Booty.JPG
    Booty.JPG
    101.7 KB · Views: 69
  • Joe.JPG
    Joe.JPG
    160.1 KB · Views: 87
  • TF01-Mahatma BC-2050.CivBeyondSwordSave
    77.2 KB · Views: 66
As the rush was decided, I figured I could just go and do it.

Turn 79 - A Chariot is completed and I send the wandering Chariot back to Delhi. Judaism is founded in a distant land.

Turn 80 - Worker finishes the mine he was building and I send him to chop forests as well. Our two workers are chopping all the grassland forests. (The plains ones still stand in the end because it's not like we're going to be working the plains anytime soon).

Turn 81 - Revolt to Slavery, whip Chariot. From now on, it was just whipping and chopping. No need to describe each of the whips.

Turns 82 to 89 - :sleep: and start to build a couple of cottages in Delhi. Stonehenge was completed in a distant land.

Turn 90 - Writing is in, start to research Sailing (good for the autospread to Celtia).

Turn 91 - Stalin founds third city.

Turn 93 - Set slider to 0%:science: and send our boys on a public relations mission in Moscow.
Spoiler :

Turn 94 - Start a Granary in Delhi (I left a Chariot there for barb defense).

Turn 96 - The exploring warrior was killed by a barb Archer. Our boys arrive to Moscow's border. Turns out Uncle Joe has iron.
Spoiler :

Turn 97 - Declare war. One Chariot destroys the iron mine, other 2 steal two workers. The rest of them goes to Moscow. Stalin has three Archers defending.
Spoiler :

Turn 98 - Moscow falls and keeps a Granary.
Spoiler :

Turn 99 - Regroup the healthy Chariots and send them to the south.

Turn 100 - Capture St. Petersburg. Should we keep it? The save is from right before killing the last Archer.
Spoiler :

Stalin is down to one recently founded city north of Moscow.
Spoiler :

PS. How do I put the screens in the post rather than as an attachment?
You have to have an account in an outside image server, such as Photobucket, Picoodle, etc. I use the first one. Then you upload your images there and type their direct link to the text wrapped in [img]image address[/img].

Is the roster right?
V8_mark - up
TurdFerguson - on deck
kolokol
Ignorant Teacher

Edit: I stopped at the 21st turn.

Attachments

• TF01-Mahatma BC-1500.CivBeyondSwordSave
    94.7 KB · Views: 70
:goodjob: Nice work laying the :hammer: down! Not exactly Gandhi's MO but I'm feeling like we made the right decision :D

kolokol had me up next but it should actually be v8_mark up next.

I'm at work but when I get home I'll take a look at the save.

Perhaps we should do a dotmap with St. Pete's and see if it's worth keep as is.

Great play Iggie, so glad you got to do cause i would have overbuilt chariots 3 archers... thats not alot

st. peter i think is not worth it - no upside. The third city looks better

Getting a little further ahead I came up with a really aggressive (and risky) plan. We can make a land block with just two cities (see attachment).
This would let us settle all that marginal land when we are ready at the risk of war with Booty.
I checked the references and while Booty should go hindu soon enough she will only give +4 diplo for that.

next tech IW?

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0002.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0002.JPG
    139.5 KB · Views: 102
I like it. I'd move the East city 1N so that we'll be able to fit another city on the plains hill to work the crabs. I don't think it would be a very diplomatic attitude to let Boudica get crabs from us. :D

Agriculture could come before IW. We need a couple of farms in Delhi and Moscow and also to work the Wheat. OTOH, barb Spears will start showing anytime soon so IW makes a lot of sense.

I was thinking about something (just an idea): why don't we use all Great Scientists to build Academies? We have a great deal of rivers so they will pay off really well.

Good turns gents. Loving the fairly perfectly executed rush; I only wish I could do that in single-player on a more regular basis and with such precision :D

Here's my attempt at a southern dotmap anyway...

So we should raze both St. Pete and the barb city, I think. Those six cities, plus four or five more in the north, will see us alright.

Question is, should we go for the blocking cities soon? Short-term they're a burden, long-term they're very useful.

Tech path: I agree with Sailing -> Agriculture -> Iron Working. It shouldn't be too slow either, with all those cottages down.

I guess the blocking cities are a priority and then the coastal cities north of Moscow. And we'd better get Boudica to pleased because it will make us safe.

I prepared a dot-map of the north, but I deleted it accidentally. The jungle cities look good to me. V8, would you care for some razing spree?

I guess the blocking cities are a priority and then the coastal cities north of Moscow. And we'd better get Boudica to pleased because it will make us safe.

Does this mean Boudica does not go to war at pleased? Did not know that. I really wish someone would make a simple list of those that dont declare at pleased

Not going to be able to play it until tomorrow, but plans for the turns:

- finish Stalin off, razing his two remaining cities
- tech through to IW, via Agriculture (the money from the razed cities will help *a lot*)
- get a couple of settlers out

Whoh whoh whoh... Are we in agreement here? Maybe it is just me who is slow but I see questions and no answers.

I interpret that we agree to raize st. peter but not thing explicit has been posted
I see nothing on the third city, but I thought I said I would keep it (maybe I was vague) - food source, cottagable, fits decently with cityplacement.

As I understand Iggie liked the idea of the two using blocker cities, but that is a big decision we should agree on first as these will have to go up pretty fast

Or am I being too fuzzy

Whoh whoh whoh... Are we in agreement here? Maybe it is just me who is slow but I see questions and no answers.

I interpret that we agree to raize st. peter but not thing explicit has been posted
I see nothing on the third city, but I thought I said I would keep it (maybe I was vague) - food source, cottagable, fits decently with cityplacement.

As I understand Iggie liked the idea of the two using blocker cities, but that is a big decision we should agree on first as these will have to go up pretty fast

Or am I being too fuzzy
Those are all good points. I think we should state our opinions and see how that goes. The way I see it, we have somethings to think about:

1- St. Petersburgh and Barb city. I think we should raze them and stick to our jungle dot-map.

2- Stalin's third city. I guess that's an ok city. If we keep it, we may have trouble working the third gold (the other two can be in the banana city), but it's not a bad place. We should keep it.

3- Jungle cities. kolokol and v8_mark have made the same dot-map and I agree with it.

4- Blocker cities. I think we should do them based on kolokol's suggestions, moving the eastern city 1N.

5- Techs. I agree with Agriculture then IW.

6- Next builds in Delhi. I've been thinking that we could hurry a Monastery and a Missionary there to convert Boudica before she founds her own religion. After that, a Library.

7- Dot-map. We should do a dot-map of the region between between us and Boudica. I'm not at homw now so I can't make my suggestions, but if anyone could, it would be nice.

Am I forgetting something? If I am, let me know. I think we should wait for everyone have their say before moving on.

BTW, kolokol, what does DK stand for? Denmark?

Yeah - the only thing I would think that is left to discuss is the timing of the founding of the two blocker cities.

They're pretty close to Boudica, so I would think they'd have to be, at the latest, cities four and five. Although realistically speaking, I can't see where else Boudica would settle than the eastern blocking city, so we might be out of luck on that one at least.

Shall I prep the next settlers to head that way?

Also, do we want to keep Stalin's third city? It's not in an awful spot...

So! The adventures of the peaceful, diplomatic Indian empire continue.

Well, nearly...

In these 15 turns we:

- lose a city we thought we had
- built another in its place
- teched through Sailing, Agr and some of IW
- got one of our chariots to 10XP for the HE
- suffered bad luck with barbarians

We started off, predictably enough, by capturing, and razing, St. Petersburg.

After that was a detour to Novgorod - quite a nice city, so I thought we'd keep it. It was on the coast, had the irrigated wheat in the first ring, and would be a nice enough commerce city.

Oh. Turns out it auto-razed.

Still, never mind eh? That was the end of the Russians. A vicious nasty archer did for one of our chariots...

...and we learned how to sail boats, earning ourselves a nice +2 trade route in the capital with Boudica.

A couple of turns later, something horrible happened...

...cutting our trade routes between our cities. That will have to be dealt with at some point, possibly after we get IW and hook up some iron. There's some just outside Moscow, so we should be fine.

Meanwhile, we again felt the force of the evil RNG:

...and after some choppage and whippage in Moscow, we managed to settle Bombay:

And that was where I stopped - just the 15 turns, but some key decisions about settling to come. A road is almost finished to Bombay - that will help us settle the northern cities as well.

Here's the overview - first the north and south:

...and the cities. Delhi has grown to 6, and has spent most of the set building a library:

Moscow has just whipped its settler, but has lost its granary, and needs to regrow; borders will pop soon as well...

...and there's not much point doing Bombay as I settled it this turn.

Here's the save...

Attachments

• TF01-Mahatma BC-1125.CivBeyondSwordSave
    103.2 KB · Views: 60
Some points of note:

- Boudica still only has two cities, so I'd be willing to bet she's at least having a shot at the 'mids
- I was umming and ahhing about whether to put Moscow on the gold mine until the borders pop, and I think in hindsight I should have; having it work the gold will mean the granary will be complete halfway through growing to size 2, which is ideal for growth
- Should Delhi run some scientists? My instinct is no
- The two workers near Moscow are on their way to help out farming the wheat neat Bombay

The main decisions we have to make are the following:

Tech path after IW
I think we should probably go down the religious techs towards Monarchy. I can't honestly think of anything that is more important than that in the short-medium term. This path would let us build temples (cheap ones) and monasteries too, and we should definitely think about snagging Monotheism for OR as well. After that we can think about the economic techs, such as CoL and Currency.

Next cities to settle
The blocker cities IMO. Then build a bazillion workers and settle the cottage-lands to the south.

Tough luck with the granary that really hurts.

Moscow and Bombay are farm/hammer cities right? in which case we really need Delhi to grow some cottages and let the other cities do the heavy lifting, probably no more whipping in the capital.

I wouldn't worry too much about the barb cities since their placement is not in our immidiate plans. As for the chariots outside our cultural borders, is this an attempt to lock out barbs? cause i don't think thats the way to go here, we need to rely on military.

This is typical earlystages we need more of everything, some more military once iron is hooked up, I see us having 6 cities very soon, so we need at least 10 workers. I think we need to settle the blocker cities and then fish/cow/banana GP farm after that.

I noticed Booty will trade furs, so we should hook up our second Ivory and make that trade: +1:) and the resource supply will help diplo.

Tech order I think there are two options after IW. I did some calculations and our post calander luxuries + market (we have 3/4) + temple + forge will get us to happycap 14 and the capital can only get to 15 or 16 anyway so we could skip hereditary rule.
We could either tech the religious line for OR in which case we might aswell get monarchy or we could head straight for math/currency/calandar (maybe stopping briefly for meditation for missionaries.

I don't think Delhi should run scientists it can wait for the GP farm to get up, if we want to bulb philo can someone put an ETA on that.

V8 what makes you think Booty is going for 'mids? she doesn't have stone and her iWonderConstruct is only 10.

@ iggie, yes DK is Denmark. And v8 is in Oxford (lovely city by the way) but where does Iggie and Fergie hide themselves:think: shall we have a guessing game?

Boudica built Stonehenge, so I'm wondering if maybe she does stone hidden away up there somewhere. Looking again though, there's only one tile it could possibly be in...so very unlikely. But her capital's been at size 8 for ages, so I would expect at least one more city by this point.

Good point re happiness - though I think Med/Priesthood/Poly/Monotheism are all good ideas, for the temples, monasteries and OR. We could even skip Med, as we can build missionaries while in OR....we may well not need Monarchy for a while though. Then we can head to Currency/Calendar/CoL.

Chariots out of the city were for fog-busting; there's still quite a lot of empty land to the north.

Chariots out of the city were for fog-busting; there's still quite a lot of empty land to the north.

Thats what it looked like, but it is better to 'spawn bust'; Barbs can not spawn within 2 tiles of any unit inc. barbarian units. So if you draw a 5x5 box around your unit barbs can't spawn there even if the tile is in fog.

Looks like you didn't get that memo:p it is much more efficient

Just checking in. I had an intense weekend, my 6 month old got sick, our first child and first sickness. She's doing fine now but I didn't sleep much:(

I'll review things tomorrow. Might not be able to play until Tuesday since my Monday night hockey starts tomorrow night :D

Top Bottom