[BTS Total Mod] Thomas' War

tchristensen,

thanks for the advice. I've already added a building and two wonders, and so far it still works ok. However I tried making a unit and that didn't work, but I'll keep at it and I'm sure it'll work for me soon.

Did you use XML for the sea lane or Python? Yes please, I would be interested in seeing the XML you used:goodjob:.

tchristensen,

thanks for the advice. I've already added a building and two wonders, and so far it still works ok. However I tried making a unit and that didn't work, but I'll keep at it and I'm sure it'll work for me soon.

Did you use XML for the sea lane or Python? Yes please, I would be interested in seeing the XML you used:goodjob:.

I used only XML for the Sea Lanes. Download my mod and take a look at it -- the Sea Lane modifications start in CIV4RouteInfos.xml, then moves to CIV4BuildInfos.xml, and finally wraps up CIV4RouteModelInfos.xml.

The actual graphics are in the Art folder.

I downloaded it, and t just came up as a single notepad document. I assume this isn't right. I'll try downloading it again, but if it doesn't work, could you upload the xml and artwork?

Morning.
I have a problem:
I tested it some games now, and every time i play a game with the Thomas war mod, my game Crashes when i finish the Fission-Tech research. I can research every other tech and do anything i like. Only with fission tech the game crashes Ôo its quite annoying cause you cant get to the new shield-techs usw without fission :/

Without loading the mod in other games it works correctly, only when i play with the mod it crashes :/

i already tried to work thorugh this forum post but.. Found nothing and i think im not very good in finding informations in over 70 pages of nearly random text, so im asking for help now:
Does someone know this prob? Can someone help me? :<

i am running vista 32 bit and also have no interface, sorry if this issue has already been resolved, but i never had BAT or BUG before and had no interface, tried actually installing BUG and still no interface. got 2 errors when i enabled python exceptions.

Attachments

• error1.jpg
    error1.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 120
  • error2.jpg
    error2.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 86
changed it in the .ini but no change, same python errors. any other ideas? i'm on vista. service pack 1

Hello everyone!

I love this mod and I'm making a WW2 scenario for Thomas War. It is placed in january 1943.
Here's what's happenning in this scenario:

-The battle of Stalingrad;
-The Guadalcanal campaign;
-The North-African campaign;
-The battle of the Atlantic;
-The siege of Leningrad;
-The battle of the Barents Sea;
-The battle of Burma;
-Most of Thomas War's leaders, civilizations, wonders, religions, special units and buildings are placed historically;
-Most of the battleships, heavy cruisers and aircraft carriers are named historically;
-Using of great people (for example, Einstein-Great scientist, Edgar Hoover-Great Spy) and great generals (for ex: Erwin Rommel commanding a panzer division);
-Presence of independent units (like Mao Zedong, Sweden, Lassa and jews) as barbarians;
-Presence of missionaires (like Mahatma Gandi, Dalai Lama, Pope);
-Some special WW2 units, like Katyusha and Me262.

Here's the list of the countries:
-United Kingdom;
-Nazi Germany;
-United States of America;
-Empire of Japan;
-URSS;
-Fascist Italy;
-Australia;
-Republic of China;
-Canada;
-Mexico;
-Lowland Countries;
-Saudi Arabia;
-France;
-Iberian League;
-Republic of Turkey;
-Argentina;
-Gran Colombian League;
-Brazil;

I've just used the world builder to make this scenario. So, i need some help to improve it! Here is what i think it shold be improved:

-Some leaders names ain't right (Like Lazaro Cardenas wasn't the leader of Mexico at that time. Same thing with Juan Gomez);
-The start year ain't right. It must be January, 1943 AD;
-I also need someone to balance the number of units each country have for me, in order to improve game play and historical events;
-I would like to write a description of the scenario, but i don't know how. That text shoud appear in the main menu, were the scenario is choosen.

Note: This scenario only needs Thomas War's mod and a good pc ;)

So, i'm gonna wait for some feedback, i really need some outside help to finnish this scenario.

Here is the link: http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=15428

One more thing, sorry for my bad english! :crazyeye:

Master Calhau

How do I play a random map with this mod, instead of the same [TW] maps?

And how can I make the mod appear on the Beyond The Sword Content as a mod, just like Gods of Old?

And i thank you extremely much for this amazing mod.

However, it has a bug: if I load any map on TW loaded mod mode, the religion-founding techs found the standard religions (Hinduism, Buddhism etc.), instead of letting me choose the religion I wanna found.

What do you mean "Random map"? Just start the mod and start a custom game in Single- or Multiplayer. That's it.

What do you mean "Random map"? Just start the mod and start a custom game in Single- or Multiplayer. That's it.

I found no way to load the mod besides loading one of the [TW] scenarios.

Edit: the mod loads through Advanced/Load a Mod and allows me to create a random map game. But it seems religions such as Shinto, Canaanism and Pesedjet are unfoundable on random maps.

Edit2: i've found that standard games really have only 8 religions instead of all.

Edit3: i've changed the XML in order to make "choose religion" the default option. Now I can play any map with the additional religions =)

I still can't get the mod to run. I unzipped it to /MODS, and put a copy of it in /assets. I get that error message halfway through the loading process (when it gets to fonts)?

I don't have a 'main' directory...the only place where I see Civ stuff is in the my games folder...

All I can say to help, is make sure you do not rename the mod in any way, and that you put it in a directory similar to this: C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods

With that said, I also offer you to download my mod which has everything Thomas did plus 80 new techs and units, 6 new wonders, all new corporations, re-worked religions, and expanded Promotions.

Perhaps you will have better luck with my mod!

I love this mod and I'm making a WW2 scenario for Thomas War. It is placed in january 1943.
Here's what's happenning in this scenario:

-The battle of Stalingrad;
-The Guadalcanal campaign;
-The North-African campaign;
-The battle of the Atlantic;
-The siege of Leningrad;
-The battle of the Barents Sea;
-The battle of Burma;
-Most of Thomas War's leaders, civilizations, wonders, religions, special units and buildings are placed historically;
-Most of the battleships, heavy cruisers and aircraft carriers are named historically;
-Using of great people (for example, Einstein-Great scientist, Edgar Hoover-Great Spy) and great generals (for ex: Erwin Rommel commanding a panzer division);
-Presence of independent units (like Mao Zedong, Sweden, Lassa and jews) as barbarians;
-Presence of missionaires (like Mahatma Gandi, Dalai Lama, Pope);
-Some special WW2 units, like Katyusha and Me262.

Here's the list of the countries:
-United Kingdom;
-Nazi Germany;
-United States of America;
-Empire of Japan;
-URSS;
-Fascist Italy;
-Australia;
-Republic of China;
-Canada;
-Mexico;
-Lowland Countries;
-Saudi Arabia;
-France;
-Iberian League;
-Republic of Turkey;
-Argentina;
-Gran Colombian League;
-Brazil;

I've just used the world builder to make this scenario. So, i need some help to improve it! Here is what i think it shold be improved:

-Some leaders names ain't right (Like Lazaro Cardenas wasn't the leader of Mexico at that time. Same thing with Juan Gomez);
-The start year ain't right. It must be January, 1943 AD;
-I also need someone to balance the number of units each country have for me, in order to improve game play and historical events;
-I would like to write a description of the scenario, but i don't know how. That text shoud appear in the main menu, were the scenario is choosen.

Note: This scenario only needs Thomas War's mod and a good pc ;)

So, i'm gonna wait for some feedback, i really need some outside help to finnish this scenario. I tried to upload the file but it apears "invalid file".. :mad:

- Startdate: you can edit the startdate by opening the WBS with, say, Notepad and saving as WBS

- same w/leadernames

- in order to upload your file it needs to be in zip(ped) format.

Love to see this one in the Download DB. ;)

Here is the scenario from a previous post.
Please take a look ;)

http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=15428

I see you figured it out. :D

I still can't get the mod to run. I unzipped it to /MODS, and put a copy of it in /assets. I get that error message halfway through the loading process (when it gets to fonts)?

I don't have a 'main' directory...the only place where I see Civ stuff is in the my games folder...

Mmm... that might be the problem; most mods assume you´ve used the standard installation for Civ4. However, it should - normally speaking - still work; I´m not sure why you put a copy in Assets? I´d suggest reinstalling Civ in the regular manner. Did you have any similar problems tith getting other mods to run?

i am on 3.19. sorry for not getting on for awhile, had some internet issues. but i am fully updated.

Sorry to hear... :(

- Startdate: you can edit the startdate by opening the WBS with, say, Notepad and saving as WBS

- same w/leadernames

- in order to upload your file it needs to be in zip(ped) format.

Love to see this one in the Download DB. ;)

I see you figured it out. :D

Mmm... that might be the problem; most mods assume you´ve used the standard installation for Civ4. However, it should - normally speaking - still work; I´m not sure why you put a copy in Assets? I´d suggest reinstalling Civ in the regular manner. Did you have any similar problems tith getting other mods to run?

Sorry to hear... :(

Hello jeelen. In first place, let me congratulate you for your scenarios, they are really good!

Sorry, but I'm still missing the part of changing the startdate with notepad.. Please can you be more specific? I'm a history lover, not an informatic engineer.. :)

Top Bottom