1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

BUG Mod - first game use

Discussion in 'Civ4 - General Discussions' started by Snydly, Sep 24, 2016.

1. Snydly

Snydly Chieftain

Hi all;

I have been a long time player of this wonderful game, but for years I have played without Mods. Recently I installed the BUG mod ... and boy have my ability to whip my Citizens into a frenzy ... err I mean a disciplined effective army is incredible. I can see how this mod can now elevate basic game play and concepts.

Looking forward to ... just one more turn gameplay this winter ;)

Snydly

2. lymond

lymond Rise Up! (Phoenix Style!) Moderator Hall of Fame Staff

many here don't play without it

Check out that BAT mod as well

3. TheMulattoMaker

TheMulattoMaker Dictator of RF

Oh yeah. Slavery was my first major gameplay change when I started using BUG. I just never saw how productive it could be until BUG started spelling it out for me every turn.:whipped: :D

4. Noble Zarkon

Noble Zarkon Elite Quattromaster - Emperor (BTS) Super Moderator Hall of Fame Staff Supporter GOTM Staff

Before I joined CivFanatics I never used Slavery as I once had a slave revolt :smoke:

5. lymond

lymond Rise Up! (Phoenix Style!) Moderator Hall of Fame Staff

lol, NZ..I bet you were like "Well, I'll show you game, I just won't use that stupid feature!" :gripe:

Well, I use to use these strange little people that popped out in my cities once in a while to rush things like Walls.

6. Lemon Merchant

Lemon Merchant Forum Buzzkill Super Moderator

Welcome to the dark side. :lol:

7. elmurcis

elmurcis Emperor

It wasn't impossible to "easy calculate" regular whip before BUG but after any extra production modifier.. thats it, my brain collapse :D When there is OrgReligion bonus.. or Forge.. or some trait bonus.. or Burea.. or resource.. or some forest chop or everything together... I even used calculator before to figure out when to whip (and most time was correct) :D Sad thing... once I started using BUG, my calculator died.. :(

8. Bamboocha

Bamboocha Warlord

I'm sorry for hijacking the thread, but I have downloaded BUG mod and run BUG.exe, but it just doesn't work for me. How do I install BUGmod?

9. shakabrade

shakabrade Praise Vivec!

Lol. Exactly the same thing. But I also refused to chop forests because I like trees and always settled great people because I didn't like that they disappear when you bulb. Still managed to somehow beat Emperor back then.

Also, BUG/BUFFY interface really broke through the laziness. I knew how to get the info, but never cared to do so. And then BUG did that for me.

Blessed be modders!

10. Snydly

Snydly Chieftain

Hi Bamboo;

I had the .exe file in my download directory.

Double clicked and directed it to my game directory, and it worked.