1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Bug Report (English)

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Community Civ V' started by Thomas SG, Jul 27, 2008.

1. Clifton III

Clifton III Chieftain

Great to see you back Thomas, awesome news about a new version coming out.

I thhink it's an excellent idea making having copper/iron not an automatic 'i win' button it really did cripple many AIs if they had no way to make better units.

Something else you might look into is the oil -> chemicals issue in that you technically have chemicals researched and can build the chemical plant but cannot produce the chemicals because the oil isn't available until combustion gives you wells.

edit: I havent played in a while so after looking at the tech chart again the issue also involves heating oil being revealed with refining but still you cannot get the crude oil to make it until the combustion tech which comes later. If oil wells were just moved to either the scientific method or refining techs I think this would resolve the issue.

As always thanks for giving us something to play instead of that Civ V mess.

2. HannibalBarka

HannibalBarka We are Free

Hello

I love your mod by the way, you're doing a great work. I have one single remark: wind mills and water mills are just too overpowered: they bring more gold food and hammers than anything elase once you have them, it's just bizarre.

I am using the latest patch (beta 3); I have a CTD. Here is the save: hit enter and it crashes

View attachment 305358

3. Clifton III

Clifton III Chieftain

Regarding the water and wind mills:

I think that they should be powerful improvements when they first become available as they represent the first inklings of industrialization when man started using power other than his own muscles to perform work. Then as the fuel based techs such as coal and oil become available and the need for wind and water to produce the power vanishes the other improvements (farms/mines etc) should catch up to the value of the mills. Of course an interesting balancing aspect could be that the mills ought to produce less pollution than the improvements that get better with the fuel based techs.

4. Arralen

Arralen Chieftain

... another end-of-turn CTD.

Attached Files:

5. Red Boxer

Red Boxer Prince

I've got a CTD that hits when I end of turn as well.

Attached Files:

6. tofe99

tofe99 SGL

Hi Thomas!

Good to see you back, I am currently catching up with the recent development :)
    But the link does not work. Can you fix it or use another site?

I can't wait to be able to see my irons all game long ;)

Cheers,

7. keneticpest

keneticpest Chieftain

When I load up 4.40D, I get a bazillion xml errors, most of them relating to units and buildings.

8. Drakarska

Drakarska Epic Dadness

So is this mod officially dead?

9. Comrade_Angel

Comrade_Angel Chieftain

I've added Sweden and Venice as modular civs for Community Civ V, for the sole reason that...I really like Sweden, really like Venice, and they're present in the actual Civ V too.

I stitched in second UUs for both of them - a Leopard tank for Sweden and a special rifleman for Venice - so that they wouldn't be unbalanced against other civs when the 2nd UU option is enabled.

I loaded up the mod and was going to start a game as Sweden against Venice and Germany; the loading bar finished up, the little box telling me all of the mod options enabled popped up...aaand it crashed to the desktop with no crash report whatsoever.

I've tried again and again - it always crashes to the desktop when I try to have Sweden or Venice present in the game, but works perfectly when it's just civs that were already in the mod.

Does anyone have any advice?