Bug Report

I've tried searching to find if this bug is posted but cannot find anything, so hopefully I'm not duplicating anything.

On multiplayer games the informant causes the players to go out of sync. I'm not entirely certain what it is about it - whether moving it, doing a mission, or just selecting it that causes the OOS problem to occur. Will try testing it more today if I can get my friends to come and play a game, but last night we came to the conclusion that it was indeed the informant causing the problem.

There were 3 players - A, B, and C. Player A had built an informant and had moved it to a barbarian city. We had had OOS issues with him going out of sync (players B and C had the same sync values) while he had moved the informant around, but we had not associated it with the informant until he tried using the informant in the city. After several times of re-synching he finally deleted the offender which resolved the issue. Player B then decided to build an informant and after completing it moved it out of the city, immediately after the informant moved this player (B) went OOS with players A and C having the same sync values. The informant was quickly deleted and problem was resolved again.

Our ship was lying close to the shore with the night (and the turn) closing in, when suddenly a single rider with a bow in his hands appeared. He seemed to belong to a very backward tribe called Aztecs. But the hidden nationality of our Privateer seemed to disturb him somehow. So he took his bow and opened fire. (Not that they had discovered flaming arrows so far, this secret was still only revealed to us.) I called all hands on deck and readied the cannons, but unfortunately his first arrow hit us so hard, that I couldn't save the ship from sinking. I luckily got to the shore to report to my admiral, but my ship, the pride of our privateer fleet was lost, and every night I dream of my mates, that I couldn't save from drowning with the ship.

Why this horse archer sank us with one shot, you ask? :confused: I don't even know how he dared to shoot at us lying half mile from the coast in the mist of the night so thick, that you could hardly see the hand on the rudder? :mad:

Essentially: Please, exclude the Privateers from land combat, or if its an xml-thing give me a hint where to tick on or off.

Thanks, and really good work, although you make my Computer look really weak :rolleyes:

Our ship was lying close to the shore with the night (and the turn) closing in, when suddenly a single rider with a bow in his hands appeared. He seemed to belong to a very backward tribe called Aztecs. But the hidden nationality of our Privateer seemed to disturb him somehow. So he took his bow and opened fire. (Not that they had discovered flaming arrows so far, this secret was still only revealed to us.) I called all hands on deck and readied the cannons, but unfortunately his first arrow hit us so hard, that I couldn't save the ship from sinking. I luckily got to the shore to report to my admiral, but my ship, the pride of our privateer fleet was lost, and every night I dream of my mates, that I couldn't save from drowning with the ship.

Why this horse archer sank us with one shot, you ask? :confused: I don't even know how he dared to shoot at us lying half mile from the coast in the mist of the night so thick, that you could hardly see the hand on the rudder? :mad:

Essentially: Please, exclude the Privateers from land combat, or if its an xml-thing give me a hint where to tick on or off.

Thanks, and really good work, although you make my Computer look really weak :rolleyes:

Ok, since you aren't the first person to point it out, seems we've got a very definite bug pinpointed here, thanks for sharing. :)

The funny thing is, it must have been there a couple of versions already, and people are only starting to report it now. Guess we're on the right track - this means that with previous versions people rarely if ever reached Renaissance, while now they do it en masse.

Unfortunately, this isn't a thing you can fix yourself, so the only thing to do with privateers till the next version is to keep them from unfriendly shores (at least at the ends of their turns).

I have been trying in vain to figure out what to do with the CvWBDesc error, and the pedia issue is just an annoyance that I could probably figure out by mixing and matching other versions or messing with the syntax. I worked for a really long time to mod the TR map and add some new civs and this really chaps my a@#. Considering that I haven't modded the SDK or Python I can't begin to imagine how something changed in the way these files are functioning, but I would sincerely appreciate any help ya'll can give me.

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "CvScreensInterface", line 202, in pediaMain

File "CvPediaMain", line 580, in pediaJump

File "CvPediaMain", line 336, in showScreen

File "CvPediaMain", line 351, in placeUnits

File "CvPediaMain", line 464, in displayTopics

RuntimeError: unidentifiable C++ exception
ERR: Python function pediaMain failed, module CvScreensInterface
Traceback (most recent call last):

File "CvWBInterface", line 46, in applyInitialItems

File "CvWBDesc", line 1566, in applyInitialItems

File "CvWBDesc", line 1031, in applyCity

File "CvWBDesc", line 779, in apply

File "CvWBDesc", line 25, in getPlayer

ArgumentError: Python argument types in
CyGlobalContext.getPlayer(CyGlobalContext, NoneType)
did not match C++ signature:
getPlayer(class CyGlobalContext {lvalue}, int)
ERR: Python function applyInitialItems failed, module CvWBInterface

Not sure if this has occureed to others but later into the game I suddenly got a situation where when attempting to save the game will give a message along the lines of 'bad mem allocation exiting program', this occurs when saving manually or when the game tries to autosave. As much as I love your mod I am reluctant to start a new game in fear I shall have to abandon it half way through again :-(

Saw this bug mentioned on your regular forum, but no effective remedy. That forum didn't appear to visited and I generally hate registering for new forums, so i'll post it here.

Every time I start a new game, once I click on any unit, the game crashes with a standard windows error message. I've got the latest Warlords patch as well as the latest TR patch. I was running the game fine a few days ago, outside of the occasional late game MAF error. The only change I've made to my system is installing Beyond the Sword.

Gonna try reinstalling to see if that helps. And if not, I'll check back through this thread to see if there are any other remedies. In the meantime, any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Not sure if this has occureed to others but later into the game I suddenly got a situation where when attempting to save the game will give a message along the lines of 'bad mem allocation exiting program', this occurs when saving manually or when the game tries to autosave. As much as I love your mod I am reluctant to start a new game in fear I shall have to abandon it half way through again :-(

As I understand it this problem is largely unavoidable for most big mods late game. A problem with both Windows's handling of the large ram usage as well as the Civ4's poor coding on the matter. The problem was fixed for BtS, but Firaxis didn't bother with a Warlords fix. There is a work around that involves messing with your Warlords .exe file and one of your Windows boot files, but from my browsing its not terribly effective if you're not running XP Pro or Vista and don't have more than 2 gig of Ram.

If you're in the same SoL category as me (I'm only running 1 gig), I've heard the only thing you can do is disable the auto save and save periodically yourself, hoping for the best each time. And when the save fails...reload and try again. Frustrating and annoying, but it'll eventually work if you're patient. Yet another reason why I'm eagerly awaiting a BtS release of this mod.

Either that, play smaller maps with less Civs.

I have the latest version of Civ warlords en TR 2.2.1. When I play with mulitplayer (2 humans the rest AI) on a lan network windows XP at home (not over the internet) the informer causes an out of sync error. This happens each time when you click on a city as a destination. Only with cities that are not of humans.

When the out of sync occurs you have to join the game again. If you don't do this you get two separate games. Example: On my screen I saw my friend attacking a city with two units that was occupied by 1 unit. The first attack failed. I heard this familair sound if defeat and I watched on his screen. There I saw that he took the city with his first attack. Then we saw at my screen that he took the city with the second attack. Only he didn't give the order.

In singleplay I don't have this problem with the informer.

I have the latest version of Civ warlords en TR 2.2.1. When I play with mulitplayer (2 humans the rest AI) on a lan network windows XP at home (not over the internet) the informer causes an out of sync error. This happens each time when you click on a city as a destination. Only with cities that are not of humans.

When the out of sync occurs you have to join the game again. If you don't do this you get two separate games. Example: On my screen I saw my friend attacking a city with two units that was occupied by 1 unit. The first attack failed. I heard this familair sound if defeat and I watched on his screen. There I saw that he took the city with his first attack. Then we saw at my screen that he took the city with the second attack. Only he didn't give the order.

In singleplay I don't have this problem with the informer.

We will probably turn the informer off for the next version. Causes trouble + is unbalancing.

Some minor errors for the latest version:

Civilipoedia has fallen victim to the "same name bad link" again. Following the doctrine tree, the link for the promotion Power Projection does not take you to the promotion, but the TECH Power Projection.

According to changelog on the website, the warehouse gives +1 gold instead of +1 shiel- I mean hamm- PRODUCTION THINGYMAJIG. Old habits die hard! :lol:

Also- whenever I put my mouse over the city bar, only the left half of the city bar allows me to access the quick production menu. Nothing happens when I click anything on the right half. And it is a definite Left half works/Right half doesn't.

That's all I have found so far, the only other one is the "copper spam" error whih you already know about. :goodjob:

I haven't seen the AI do anything dumb yet, although that massive stack of AI units moving between two cities is still there... Though I just say the general is keeping them in top physical shape...

Also- whenever I put my mouse over the city bar, only the left half of the city bar allows me to access the quick production menu. Nothing happens when I click anything on the right half. And it is a definite Left half works/Right half doesn't.

Taken from here: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=239221

Unfortunately, nobody has yet figured how to fix this. Takes some getting used to, but not fatal - I think that longer city bar is a nice thing to have despite this issue.

I have a CTD save, not tied to resources it seems, save attached.
It is an old game I had started before updating my 2.3a DLL, can it be the reason why it crashes ?

So.. I'm slightly positive this has something to do with registry's and what not.

Running Civ IV Gold, no BTS, on Vista 64. The installer is telling me Warlords cannot be found. I decided to winzip the installer and I'll see if I can just plug everything in manually...

Is there anyway to fix it so the installer registers I have warlords? Has this issue already been addressed? Thank you.

So.. I'm slightly positive this has something to do with registry's and what not.

Running Civ IV Gold, no BTS, on Vista 64. The installer is telling me Warlords cannot be found. I decided to winzip the installer and I'll see if I can just plug everything in manually...

Is there anyway to fix it so the installer registers I have warlords? Has this issue already been addressed? Thank you.

Try here: http://civ4.houmie.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=95

If your Augustus Caesar, the automatic city naming thing names every city Rome.

If you refuse to name your city Rome, it will offer it all over again until you agree, irregardless of the leader. That's just the feature of the city namer - and it works with all names, not just Rome, absolutely irregardless of the leader.

Top Bottom