Bug Report

I dont know if the content error are to be reported here.
Does RI have some bug tracker system?
Howver. I play for the Poland and there is Mounted unit Late Winged Hussar replacing Curassier, which upgrades to Kawaleria replacing Cavalry, which upgrades to Uhlan replacing Modern Cavalry. And second chain is Light mounted units Strelcy Konni (replacing Pistolier) and Tovarysz Pancerzny (replacing Medium Cavalry), both upgrading to LM unit Ulani (replacing Hussar), which then upgrades to Light Tank. So after developping the Mass Conscription I have Uhlan and Ulani, both totaly different units (even different unit class), but both reffering to the same historical unit Ulan (polish ortography is Ułan). We can see it on http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uhlan.
It is very confusing and not in RI traditions. It should be revorked, at least the units should be renamed.

OK, will fix one name.

Another minor bug. The city of Yerevan still spawns in the Barbarian style, but it is obviously an important city for Armenian empire. I have not played for Armenians, but I feel this should not be like that.

Hey guys, two small thing i just noticed playing as Carthage:

1. Is it intentional that Punic Horsemen dont upgrade to Moorish Raiders?
  2. The Dye Work doesnt seem to consume the fertile soil.

Thanks for all the hard work improving this great mod even further :)

Hey guys, two small thing i just noticed playing as Carthage:

1. Is it intentional that Punic Horsemen dont upgrade to Moorish Raiders?
  2. The Dye Work doesnt seem to consume the fertile soil.

Thanks for all the hard work improving this great mod even further :)

1) Are you playing 3.25 already?
2) It isn't supposed to consume it. Fertile soil stays.

No still on 3.2. May already be fixed then, hadnt realized there is a new release already :)

Not a bug, just something cosmetic:
You got a great general named 'Frederick I holy roman Emporer', but the Term 'Barbarossa' doesnt appear in his name nor in his flavor text. You realy should include it somehow :)

Not a bug, just something cosmetic:
You got a great general named 'Frederick I holy roman Emporer', but the Term 'Barbarossa' doesnt appear in his name nor in his flavor text. You realy should include it somehow :)

We'll get to it eventually. There is a lot of minor stuff in great person lists right now that is still left to be fixed.

We'll get to it eventually. There is a lot of minor stuff in great person lists right now that is still left to be fixed.

Need help with that? I'm a trained programmer so I can work with some xml files or something. Not sure how many people you got in your team and how you organize your work..?

I realy like the introduction screens for great people. Great idea and i'd like to help make them even better, if I can.

Need help with that? I'm a trained programmer so I can work with some xml files or something. Not sure how many people you got in your team and how you organize your work..?

I realy like the introduction screens for great people. Great idea and i'd like to help make them even better, if I can.

That's mainly graphical, not XML work. Though a person pedantic enough could sift through the thousands of files comparing each splash to its XML values for consistency, but that's frankly would be a very boring task. Then new splashes would have to be made in all of those cases, and that's 100% Photoshop work with little to no coding involved.

In latest rev4726 there is a XML Error message shown, when loading World Map Huge:

Tag: CIVIV_NOBILITY in Info class was incorrect
Current XML file is xml\GameInfo\CIV4VoteInfo.xml

Are you sure the problem is not on your side? We have last changed audio defines (which generally causes that) about 100 revisions ago, in January.

I really have no idea. At first I tought my audio was down, so I check it and it was working fine. After that I thought maybe there is a Graphic Card related audio problem, so I run Colonization and I had everything right. I honestly don't know. what's weird is that I still have the Great Wonders movies and sound works fine :confused:
Oh and I checked, the RoM "audio" files are there. I checked that all audio is ON in Options windows. don't know what to do :)
It feels weird by the way to play a completly silent civ game :D

I really have no idea. At first I tought my audio was down, so I check it and it was working fine. After that I thought maybe there is a Graphic Card related audio problem, so I run Colonization and I had everything right. I honestly don't know. what's weird is that I still have the Great Wonders movies and sound works fine :confused:
Oh and I checked, the RoM "audio" files are there. I checked that all audio is ON in Options windows. don't know what to do :)
It feels weird by the way to play a completly silent civ game :D

Yeah, in principle I know of that problem. If there is a wrong audio reference in XML, everything just goes silent. That's why the first thing I did was to check if we recently modified that XML but there was nothing obviously wrong there (doesn't mean there can't be something non-obvious). Say, do you have your art assets packed? If so, you could help us narrow down the revision when that error happened by updating to older revisions and checking if it is still silent. If I did that on my unpacked files, it would take hours of course.

Edit: in the latest revision, all sounds are working at my PC. It is definitely a problem with your copy.

Generals cannot ( does not have button) settle in cities
only can make a doctrine

also weird bugs happen when you reload a save
one example , i reload , move to attack a unit and the unit menu freezes , cities can still be managed also civ menu , but cannot press new turn or shift- enter , its just stuck .
new reloads also have same problem.
if i make peace with the enemy and the unit disappears , the same area on the map will be cursed and block the game if a unit passes through.

SVN 4757, probably from some update way back though.

Ministry of Labour grants the (by then) obsolete Carpenter as its building bonus. Perhaps either the ministry should grant the Sawmill instead, or the Carpenter doesn't obsolete.

Yeah, in principle I know of that problem. If there is a wrong audio reference in XML, everything just goes silent. That's why the first thing I did was to check if we recently modified that XML but there was nothing obviously wrong there (doesn't mean there can't be something non-obvious). Say, do you have your art assets packed? If so, you could help us narrow down the revision when that error happened by updating to older revisions and checking if it is still silent. If I did that on my unpacked files, it would take hours of course.

Edit: in the latest revision, all sounds are working at my PC. It is definitely a problem with your copy.

I resolved it. I just put an old civ.ini and I have the sound back.

Top Bottom