Bug Report

Overall, the best Civ game yet for me... I just wish Sid & co gave you to release this as Civ V and made it multithreaded ;) ... but the next best thing would be - where can I read about adjusting the scripts and speeding it up a bit?

To answer you more accurately we need to know a little of their qualification. Do you have experience with programming?

Minimum - I can write VBA, so I assume that I could read script, more like "follow the instructions", take stuff out etc... for more serious re-writing, I would need to learn a lot.

Minimum - I can write VBA, so I assume that I could read script, more like "follow the instructions", take stuff out etc... for more serious re-writing, I would need to learn a lot.

Keep in mind that we are one of the fastest Civ4 mods. We incorporate features of K-mod, Better AI, CAR mod, Speed mod​​, beyond ourselves develop some features to speed that do not exist anywhere else. Civ4 engine doesn't work with multiple cores, so perhaps the best feature not yet incorporated, is the "parallel processing" developed at C2C.

There are other things you can try, take a look in this thread: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=453915

Walter found this thread a while back, it seems he managed to increase the speed using this feature.

Another thing you can try is to thoroughly check into the thread of scripts, but I think unlikely to find anything of value.

If you find something send to us will be happy to put even more speed in our mod.

^^ I believe it was Terra, although it could have been Continents. "Play Now!" works fine. I'll change error logging to 1 in the ini and check back.

EDIT: I was trying to run Tlited_Axis, in fact. With logging turned on, it didn't crash, and is smoothly operating. Thanks for the help, Walker and Cruel.

When building the "Armoured Warrior" (Shortswordman) as Qin of China :food: gets converted to :hammers: and therefor halting growth (like when building a settler/worker).

Running into some sort of gfx related error when in late game on huge map.

I do not have the direct reference to it yet, but apparently gfx memory! or something like that, but will take a note and report the exact error when it comes up next, as it came up a few times already.

Basically - this is on a new PC with Win 7, 8 gig regular RAM, so perhaps the memory issues start with the gfx, except that I have a Nvidia 560 1 gig RAM card, so this is kind of hard to imagine that I'd be hitting the memory issues there.

It is on a large earth map, will report the actual error, when it comes up next.

So far I can play a few turns without the crash, >restart> continue for a bit longer. Not using AA but I am on 1600x1200 resolution, will try to lower the resolution as well to see if it helps.

edit: OK - crashed again after 6 turns, but this time only "Sid Mayers Civilization 4:BTS has stopped working. A problem..." and only a close program option, will restart before playing again to get the proper "DX9... whatever it goes after" error.

Running into some sort of gfx related error when in late game on huge map.

I do not have the direct reference to it yet, but apparently gfx memory! or something like that, but will take a note and report the exact error when it comes up next, as it came up a few times already.

Basically - this is on a new PC with Win 7, 8 gig regular RAM, so perhaps the memory issues start with the gfx, except that I have a Nvidia 560 1 gig RAM card, so this is kind of hard to imagine that I'd be hitting the memory issues there.

It is on a large earth map, will report the actual error, when it comes up next.

So far I can play a few turns without the crash, >restart> continue for a bit longer. Not using AA but I am on 1600x1200 resolution, will try to lower the resolution as well to see if it helps.

edit: OK - crashed again after 6 turns, but this time only "Sid Mayers Civilization 4:BTS has stopped working. A problem..." and only a close program option, will restart before playing again to get the proper "DX9... whatever it goes after" error.

Do you run a 32-bit OS with memory fix applied?

No, it is Windows 7 64 bit version, 8 gig RAM, 2500K CPU, GF 560 with 1 gig RAM, no AA in game or in the driver, 1600x1200 resolution used.

Here are the actual errors, got them this time after 12-13 end game turns, it lasted about double, as I rebooted in the meantime - seems to be about 6 turns if I go and play again without reboot, with different error - just Win 7 - application one, along the lines as I described in previous post.

Below is the error after reboot and 12-13 turns.

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/q9mkLwytLi-uMq9uTb5xu9_-p70Kbr-ZtfRbQMxw-z8?feat=directlink

after pressing OK, the second error comes up.

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/hn26DVkE8Y1pNNjw51Wz4t_-p70Kbr-ZtfRbQMxw-z8?feat=directlink

Looking through the SVN changlog at sourceforge I found this:
Revision 3965 - Directory Listing
Modified Tue Oct 2 18:47:14 2012 UTC (3 days, 14 hours ago) by hian-the-frog

New: German National Improvement
* Special Cottage-Hamlet-Village-Town system. Three stages only now: Dorf-Burg-Gemeine

Dunno if thats only a typo in the log but its Gemeinde not Gemeine

If you are sure that your OS is 64 bit, then my main guess would actually be faulty video memory...

Yep, 64 bit Win 7 Pro.

I would be suprised with the faulty memory as other games play fine, and I am not getting kicked out due to any sort of gfx issues. Also Realism Invictus is fine until this late end game, I think it started before 20-30 turns only, and I am almost to the end of the tech tree, with 300+ of my own units only.

I'd suspect there must be some interference between the game as it was not originally made to support such large worlds, and my hardware, possibly Nvidia drivers or something.

Not a big issue anyhow, as long as it lasts 10 turns + before crash in the end game, as I am anyhow going to finish it soon turn wise... every turn lasts long though, but not more than 2 min to wait until AI does it's thinng which is also OK at this stage :)

edit: just to clarify, it does not crash windows, as I would expect with faulty memory of any kind be it main or gfx, it only crashes the game. I can even restart the game wihout reboot, but it subsequently lasts about half as many turns before crashing with a different error - the one I described in the first post on this page.

Hey guys, I encountered a weird bug. I started my game and was put in the medieval era for no reason. I didn't use any options of the sort and didn't have any techs. I'm not sure if it started from the beginning of the game or not, as I only noticed it when my happiness ran out too fast.

When I started a new game (using the same settings) the problem didn't occur, so it wasn't a big deal. I didn't think to make a savegame, but I took screenshots.

http://imgur.com/a/nmC3S

Played a large pangea game and... there were no horses to be found.

Is that a bug in the resource script?

Attachments

• horses.JPG
    horses.JPG
    418.7 KB · Views: 79
  • settings.JPG
    settings.JPG
    183.2 KB · Views: 106
Food count in the screenshot:

3 Flood plains:..+9:food:
City plot:.........+2:food:
Hunter's cabin:.+1:food:
Slave market:...-1:food:
-----------------------
......................+9:food: :confused:

Thieves' guild, rodents? What is stealing my food? :)

Attachments

• food.JPG
    food.JPG
    225.3 KB · Views: 62
Top Bottom