Bug Report

Generals cannot ( does not have button) settle in cities
only can make a doctrine

WAD

also weird bugs happen when you reload a save
one example , i reload , move to attack a unit and the unit menu freezes , cities can still be managed also civ menu , but cannot press new turn or shift- enter , its just stuck .
new reloads also have same problem.
if i make peace with the enemy and the unit disappears , the same area on the map will be cursed and block the game if a unit passes through.

Are you sure that your CustomAssets folder is empty? I never saw anything like that.

SVN 4757, probably from some update way back though.

Ministry of Labour grants the (by then) obsolete Carpenter as its building bonus. Perhaps either the ministry should grant the Sawmill instead, or the Carpenter doesn't obsolete.

Thanks, noted and fixed.

I resolved it. I just put an old civ.ini and I have the sound back.

Glad you figured it out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pef View Post
Generals cannot ( does not have button) settle in cities
only can make a doctrine
Walter Hawkwood says:
WAD

Noun

wad (plural wads)

An amorphous, compact mass.

Our cat loves to play with a small wad of paper.

A substantial pile (normally of money).

With a wad of cash like that, she should not have been walking round Manhattan

A soft plug or seal, particularly as used between the powder and pellets in a shotgun cartridge.
(slang) A sandwich.
(vulgar, slang) An ejaculate of semen.
(mineralogy) Any black manganese oxide or hydroxide mineral rich rock in the oxidized zone of various ore deposits.

a bit confused here , any explanation i pick from the dictionary seems ironic.

CTD next turn - repeatable

Attachments

• Realism Invictus.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1.7 MB · Views: 203
Fortress Mortar / Batteries dont wake up from sentry when an enemy ship approaches.

*cheers*

Hello, not sure if bug or not, but very very weird...

See this picture:

http://i.imgur.com/SAGhcIo.jpg

The coast of Nottingham is not any culture. Nottingham is not in revolt, and also I do not understand why Denmark-Norway has that little strip of coast, yet no other part of the coast? Just does not make sense to me, any one can explain? It has been like this for a few turns

(also the surrounding tile to west, north west, and north is not taken, which I have never seen before)

Update:

New turn, this happens!

http://i.imgur.com/hnU7BQb.jpg

So, I guess it just was a little buggy calculating the borders or something for a little bit. But either way, it seems to be resolved now, but this at least showcases the culture problem currently... At least I know I have to kill the Welsh now!

SVN: Workshop doesn't obsolete with Machine Tools tech (nor Machine Tool Factory), leading to a situation where it's possible to have both the Workshop and Machine Tool Factory confer their bonuses.

My cities have foreign traderoute income although overview shows that trade routes should not be possible with Greece.

Screenshot and Savegame are attached.

Attachments

• traderoute.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1.2 MB · Views: 219
  • traderoute.jpg
    traderoute.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 228
My cities have foreign traderoute income although overview shows that trade routes should not be possible with Greece.

Screenshot and Savegame are attached.

A strange one indeed. But we didn't (and wouldn't) change anything in how those are calculated by the game engine, so this must be some rare vanilla Civ 4 bug.

Anyone know of a solution to the black tiles issue?
I read someone else had this issue too.
I can create a new single or multiplayer game, or load a sp or mp game and I have about a 75% chance to get black tiles for that game.

I included a screenshot of what I am dealing with.

I have been running Win7 service pack 1 64bitOS on an Intel Q6600 quad core 2.4Ghz with 4Gb RAM, 8Gb when including virtual memory.
Video Card is an Nvidia Geforce 650 with 1 Gb RAM.

I only downloaded RI a few weeks ago, so I know I have the latest version.

Attachments

• RI video issue.jpg
    RI video issue.jpg
    281.3 KB · Views: 249
The Zhayedan, Varangian Guard and Vasilika Tagmata units are somehow unavailable as unique units for their respective nations; why so?

Please send it with a complete description and a save game before it happens to bugs.totalrealism(at)gmail.com
Is the email still positive?

A new issue i encountered playing latest SVN 4813 Worldmap Huge with Arabian Civ:
Somehow traderoute symbols indicated in the overview of other civs are gone.
In fact, i HAD a connection to ethopians a few ticks earlier.

Tech Transfer though Open Border should imo kick in not before there is a real established trade route (via path/road or coastal/sea connection).
As i dont understand how traderoutes to other civs are evaluated, i hope there is an efficient way to calculate this topic.

Right now, I dont like opening Borders to civs far away, just to get those tech bonus.
From a realistic point of view you should imo only connect to far away civs who are connected to a neighbor civ:

Example, <-> means real traderoute connection:
You <-> Civ 1 <-> far away Civ 2
Then you should be able to connect to Civ 2

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0000.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0000.JPG
    349.3 KB · Views: 202
  • traderoute.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1.3 MB · Views: 192
Irrigated Corn produces 10 food yet retains icon for 5 food (a single loaf of bread).
Shouldn't this be 2 loaves?

Is the email still positive?

A new issue i encountered playing latest SVN 4813 Worldmap Huge with Arabian Civ:
Somehow traderoute symbols indicated in the overview of other civs are gone.
In fact, i HAD a connection to ethopians a few ticks earlier.

Tech Transfer though Open Border should imo kick in not before there is a real established trade route (via path/road or coastal/sea connection).
As i dont understand how traderoutes to other civs are evaluated, i hope there is an efficient way to calculate this topic.

Right now, I dont like opening Borders to civs far away, just to get those tech bonus.
From a realistic point of view you should imo only connect to far away civs who are connected to a neighbor civ:

Example, <-> means real traderoute connection:
You <-> Civ 1 <-> far away Civ 2
Then you should be able to connect to Civ 2

Have you checked interface options? Maybe you have turned on custom scoreboard layout?

Irrigated Corn produces 10 food yet retains icon for 5 food (a single loaf of bread).
Shouldn't this be 2 loaves?

Yep, it's an engine limitation, I believe.

Top Bottom