Bug Reporting

Hey EF the first two bugs reported in 3 posts up aren't a big deal. But the third one is, as it destroys a working feature of BtS and makes this part of the BUG UI less useful then BtS's. Any chance you could give advice on a fix for it? I tried messing around with the various color functions in the PythonAPI but could not get anything to work.

Here's a fix for the third error. I think it's caused because RevDCM is creating a player with an invalid or -1 player color. I have no idea why it would do that.

Code:
color = -1
ePlayerColor = gc.getPlayer(iPlayer).getPlayerColor()
if eColor > -1:
    playerColor = gc.getPlayerColorInfo(ePlayerColor)
    if color:
        color = playerColor.getColorTypePrimary()

It's hard to see if that will work without the code following it (can't get to it right now), but give it a shot.

Thanks EF that worked :goodjob:

Lock modified assets means that anything in the custom assets isn't loaded. So if you did the standard install, which puts BUG in the custom assets, then it's not going to load when locked modified assets is selected. That's actually the whole point of the locked modified assets option.

Hey, I have tried reading through the 100 pages of bug reports, and I found people with similar issues. Theirs are resolved, but mine are not. I installed Phungus420's legends of revolution and I had no UI. I searched the threads, and saw that that is often caused by the BUG mod, so installed just the BUG mod. same problem. I have tried everything I have seen to fix this. So, can I please start at the beginning and try and trouble shoot this? for starters, I am on windows Vista. I have my game installed on my C: drive, and my user files are all on my K:drive. I can't find folders or files that are often referred to in the installs. Some programs refuse to install on my K: drive and put things into the default C: drive location. so maybe something like that is going on. I have been told probably not, since I have them both installed in the game directory. so, any clues what I am doing wrong?

I am on windows Vista.

If you did the multi-player install for BUG you need to either a) run BTS as administrator or (preferable) b) go to My Games / BTS and create a folder called "BUG Mod". Inside that folder create a folder called "UserSettings". Then try again.

If those don't solve the problem, start with the Troubleshooting page.

ok, I tried installing multiplayer and I got this message:
Can't write: C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\BUG Mod 4.1\Assets\art\BUG\Arm.dds
never had any problems trying to install the other way, so I dunno what's up.

Hello,

Dont know if i should post this here or to PIG mod thread.
I have the same problem as pdonettes (no interface) except i installed newest version of PIG mod (0.74). Before that i had no problem using Pig mod v. 0.5... I tried reinstall of Pig mod, even reinstalled whole game, then i tried only newest BUG mod (multiplayer installation method), same problem. I have windows xp, bts patch 3.19. Both my game and user files are installed on default C drive. I am running as administrator and created those 2 folders. Also tried alt+tab, no change. I attached log files.

p.s. Didnt have any problems with BUG mod or PIG mod before

Attachments

• Log.zip
    8.1 KB · Views: 57
Hello,

Dont know if i should post this here or to PIG mod thread.
I have the same problem as pdonettes (no interface) except i installed newest version of PIG mod (0.74). Before that i had no problem using Pig mod v. 0.5... I tried reinstall of Pig mod, even reinstalled whole game, then i tried only newest BUG mod (multiplayer installation method), same problem. I have windows xp, bts patch 3.19. Both my game and user files are installed on default C drive. I am running as administrator and created those 2 folders. Also tried alt+tab, no change. I attached log files.

p.s. Didnt have any problems with BUG mod or PIG mod before

There were a few bugs in v0.74. Can I recommend trying v0.75 (just uploaded not long ago) and see if the problem persists?

There were a few bugs in v0.74. Can I recommend trying v0.75 (just uploaded not long ago) and see if the problem persists?

Hey,

I uninstalled previous version completely, tried new one but exactly the same problem :sad:. No other mods except PIG 0.75. I attached new logs.
BUG and PiG are great mods, cant play without them, hope you can help

Thanks in advance

Attachments

• Logs.zip
    34 KB · Views: 58
Hey,

I uninstalled previous version completely, tried new one but exactly the same problem :sad:. No other mods except PIG 0.75. I attached new logs.
BUG and PiG are great mods, cant play without them, hope you can help

Thanks in advance

Ok, I'm no expert on this but a couple of things I'd suggest/mention...

Can you confirm your CustomAssets folder is empty?

Actually, I've a feeling the problem you're seeing has something to do with the fact your install path or MyDocs includes your name which has an accented character (I'm not familiar with sorry).

In other words, I saw this in PythonErr.log...
UnicodeEncodeError: 'latin-1' codec can't encode character u'\u010f' in position 73: ordinal not in range(256)
ERR: Python function preGameStart failed, module CvAppInterface

Ok, I'm no expert on this but a couple of things I'd suggest/mention...

Can you confirm your CustomAssets folder is empty?

Actually, I've a feeling the problem you're seeing has something to do with the fact your install path or MyDocs includes your name which has an accented character (I'm not familiar with sorry).

In other words, I saw this in PythonErr.log...
UnicodeEncodeError: 'latin-1' codec can't encode character u'\u010f' in position 73: ordinal not in range(256)

Yes there are only empty folders in my CustomAssets folder (no additional files).
Oh I didnt know accented character could cause this as i said before i used different versions of PIG and BUG mod before. I have tried unmodded game with logging system enabled and there was the same error you saw but no problems with interface or anything else.

Yes there are only empty folders in my CustomAssets folder (no additional files).
Oh I didnt know accented character could cause this as i said before i used different versions of PIG and BUG mod before. I have tried unmodded game with logging system enabled and there was the same error you saw but no problems with interface or anything else.

ok. I'm not really sure what's going on.

my last post was in error. I have brain damage, what else can I say. I forgot to SAVE the ini file. so now I have logs. what do I do with them?

PythonErr.log
Traceback (most recent call last):

File "CvAppInterface", line 79, in preGameStart

File "CvScreensInterface", line 72, in showMainInterface

File "CvMainInterface", line 2291, in interfaceScreen

File "CvMainInterface", line 2247, in initState

File "CvMainInterface", line 787, in getMaxRow

ZeroDivisionError: integer division or modulo by zero

ERR: Python function showMainInterface failed, module CvScreensInterface

ERR: Python function showMainInterface failed, module CvScreensInterface

@Persontom - Yes, the problem is the umlaut on the i in your user name. I have wrestled with this in BTS so many times. Sometimes they cause problems; other times they do not. Notice in the log file at the bottom that WB has no trouble printing your user name. :confused:

The solution is to use the /AltRoot command-line option with BTS. Look at the instructions under "How do I change where the autosaves are stored?" and make sure you put a space at the end of the Target before adding "/AltRoot=...". This will tell BTS to create an empty set of user-data files (e.g. CustomAssets, Saves, Logs, etc) in that folder you specify. Make sure you use a folder without special characters.

@pdonettes - Can you post the contents of PythonDbg.log as well? The errors you posted are the result of some other error that happens first. Is that the full PythonErr.log file or just the end? if the latter, post the first page of it.

Minor display error reported by a LoR player:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=8595878&postcount=1384

If you have a city that is 1 food away from growing, and one population away from becoming unhealthy/unhappy, if you set up the worked tiles so that the food growth is stagnant (ie the city will not grow the next turn), the alert telling you "City will become unhappy next turn" still fires. The alert shouldn't fire because the city wol't grow the next turn. I'm including a save where I reproduce the error, it is using the latest SVN of the BUG mod, save is for the BUG mod set up as a mod.

Top Bottom