• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Bug Reporting

hey - BUGOptions_CIV4GameText.xml got trashed. It went from a 275k file to a 22k file.

hey - BUGOptions_CIV4GameText.xml got trashed. It went from a 275k file to a 22k file.

To make it easier for coders, our translators, and modders, I split the file into many mod-related files. So all the option labels and hovers for Reminder mod went into "Reminder Options.xml".

Odd. Whenever I run a custom game, the mod does not run. Can someone help me fix this?

BAT Patch install issue, mentioned elsewhere by BladeLakem:
Trying to install by making the folder listed in the notes does not work for me. It says that BAT is not installed. I'm running on Vista, if that matters.
I'm going to ask the obvious question. Is BAT actually installed? If you're running Vista or Win 7, the normal, single user path is:

C:\Users\<user name>\Documents\My Games\Beyond the Sword\MODS\BAT Mod 2.1

The bolded folder must be there, in that path, or the installer will fail. It doesn't matter if it's empty, just the folder must be there if you need to install it somewhere else. The installer is hard coded to default to the normal, single user folder.

If you have BAT installed someplace else, you can try this:

Spoiler :
If the BAT Mod 2.1 folder is not there, the patch will fail. If you have BAT installed somewhere else, simply create a BAT Mod 2.1 folder in the above path, and then run the patch. The installer will create an Assets folder with all of the patch files in it. After the patch is complete, copy the newly created Assets folder into the BAT Mod 2.1 folder that you have installed elsewhere. Tell Windows to overwrite ALL files when you do this.

After the folder merge is complete, delete the Varietas Delectat v8.0.FPK, and Cultural Citystyles v0.80.FPK files. This is important, as they will conflict with the patch.

An alternative to doing that, is to create the dummy BAT folder in the above path, and then use the installer to navigate to where you have BAT installed, and proceed to install there. If you do it that way, the two files are automatically deleted by the installer, so you don't need to do the last step.

The installer is coded that way to get around a registry quirk in Win 7 x64 that occasionally keeps the installer from finding BAT's normal install location. The installer will be fixed in the next release of BAT.

Make sure that you run the patch as administrator. That means, right click and elevate privilege. If the installer aborts, it means it can't find BAT, so check your folder structure.

Good luck. :)

Odd. Whenever I run a custom game, the mod does not run. Can someone help me fix this?
Where do you have it installed? If you have it installed under custom assets and you select 'locked modified assets' then civ4 excludes any custom asset mod. You either need to install it as multiplayer (it will got under prog files \ civ4 \ bts \ mods \ bug and you will have to load it like a mod - advanced / load a mod from the main civ4 menu) or don't check 'locked modified assets'.

See screenshot. Trade (neither foreign or domestic) doesn't seem to be adding into the raw commerce subtotals.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 115
See screenshot. Trade (neither foreign or domestic) doesn't seem to be adding into the raw commerce subtotals.

Do you have a saved game for this screenshot? Are you running any other mods? I just tested locally and I see the Foreign Trade added in. :confused:

Do you have a saved game for this screenshot? Are you running any other mods? I just tested locally and I see the Foreign Trade added in. :confused:

See attached. You'll need to temporarily overwrite your CIV4VoteInfo.xml (included) in order to load the save. I despise the UN forcing civic changes, so I play with them removed. :D

I play with custom versions of BUG & BULL. My BUG is based off rev2098 with ruff_hi's rev 2106 PLE & the unofficial patch merged in. On the BULL side I'm playing with a merged version of BULL rev 118 with the unofficial patch. Plenty of room for error there on my end, but ... I also loaded my save with a clean BUG 4.2 install and the BULL rev 118 DLL. Observed the same thing. :confused:

Hi all,
I had some problems loading saved files too! :(

I have been playing BTS, patch 3.19, with BAT mod and Blue Marble with my dear Windows XP.
in 3 games played BTS, I could not load my games 3 times! :( Civ crashes, I can't load both my saves and autosaves.
but in the last Ragnar game, I can load Autosave (1670 AD), but not Autosave 1690 AD...I don't know why!? :confused:

When i played with Vanilla without mods, I never had such matters.

thx for helping me!

Errors I am currently getting:

F1, F2, F5, F10 function keys don't do anything when BUG is loaded (they work fine when I unload BUG). Domestic, Financial, Military Advisor buttons not working (other advisor buttons and function keys do work).

Ctrl-Alt-O gives me a blank box which I can't exit out of without closing the BtS window.

I'm picking up playing BtS again after a month, but I've been keeping up with the SVN updates, so I'm not sure which update might have caused this issue.

Any thoughts on what to do?

I have attached a copy of my Assets --> Config --> init.xml file if that helps. I did get an error message pointing me to line 160, but I'm not sure what to make of the error.

Attachments

• init.zip
    1.9 KB · Views: 60
@Nishdog - You have a merge conflict in that file (maybe others?) from doing SVN Update. This means you modified your local file in the same place that the SVN file was modified, and SVN couldn't figure out how to merge both sets of changes. You can find these merge conflicts by looking for the little warning triangle icon if you're using TortoiseSVN, and you'll get red warning messages in the update window.

In the file, look for <<<<<<< and >>>>>>>. In this case your local change is empty, so I don't know what happened. Just remove the three offending bold red lines:

Code:
	<load mod="AutoSave"/>
	<load mod="MapFinder"/>
	<load mod="Advanced Combat Odds"/>
	<load mod="BetterAI"/>

[B][COLOR="Red"]<<<<<<< .mine[/COLOR][/B]
[B][COLOR="Red"]=======[/COLOR][/B]
	<!-- BUFFY -->

[B][COLOR="Red"]>>>>>>> .r2109[/COLOR][/B]
	<load mod="BUFFY"/>

<!-- Options Screen -->

<screen id="BUGFull">

Code:
Traceback (most recent call last):

File "CvScreensInterface", line 419, in pediaMain

File "SevoPediaMain", line 246, in pediaJump

File "SevoPediaMain", line 305, in showContents

File "SevoPediaMain", line 486, in placePromotionTree

File "UnitUpgradesGraph", line 293, in getGraph

KeyError: 93
ERR: Python function pediaMain failed, module CvScreensInterface

My promotion tree in sevopedia was working. Now its not displaying and throwing up this error. funny thing is, i have not even touched my custom promotions in weeks... So how has this error come about?

I dunno. I haven't touched either of those files in ages. Did you just do an update of BUG?

I've just finished merging all of the assets of the latest BUG revision into PIG Mod and am getting a python exception(s).

Error log:
Code:
Traceback (most recent call last):

File "CvScreensInterface", line 954, in forceScreenRedraw

File "CvMainInterface", line 3193, in redraw

File "CvMainInterface", line 7241, in updateHelpStrings

RuntimeError: unidentifiable C++ exception
ERR: Python function forceScreenRedraw failed, module CvScreensInterface

Any ideas for what I can do with this? Is it an SDK error instead of python?

EDIT
Sorry if this is not the right thread to be asking this - I wasn't sure.

That means the DLL is raising an exception--typically null pointer or reading/writing outside an array. I've never gotten this running plain old BUG and BULL, but others doing merges have. I had always suspected bad art, but PIG doesn't add any new art, does it? And the only XML changes in PIG are to data values, right?

That means the DLL is raising an exception--typically null pointer or reading/writing outside an array. I've never gotten this running plain old BUG and BULL, but others doing merges have. I had always suspected bad art, but PIG doesn't add any new art, does it? And the only XML changes in PIG are to data values, right?

Almost. I don't know whether you'd count my XML changes allowing a third promotion prerequisite as "data changes". Is it possible they cause a conflict with something that I wasn't paying careful enough attention to?

I'm going to try some other things with the merging so I'll get back to you if I have more problems.

Hmm, I don't think that should be any more dangerous, but it's hard to tell. When others have gotten these exceptions in the same place, they were always intermittent. That makes them especially tough to figure out.

Given that you only increased the number of prereqs, I'd think it would be fairly safe. However, you did it by adding a new field rather than increasing the size of an array, right? Did you make sure to initialize that field with NO_PROMOTION while parsing the XML?

Top Bottom