Bug Reporting

Yeah, I got that point (the items listed there having no relation to the item being produced atm). I just think there should be only buildings listed that generally improve production (general in the sense of always :p) like for example the forge does.

I merely wanted to draw attention to that because imo it is unsuitable there. If you disagree I have no problem with that.

Yeah, I disagree. I want to see what effect building the HE/Drydock/Academy will have in the city. I'm smart enough to realize they affect only certain types of builds. :mischief:

Mil aca is in there too? Gotta have a closer look next time I get a GG ;)

I have some other entry in a list (like the production one) to :gripe: about ;)

What about culture and GP? In the hover I see it lists some national wonders, even though I can't build any more NWs. There is no way to build them there besides WB or letting the city get captured.... I don't think that should be there ;)

Mil aca is in there too? Gotta have a closer look next time I get a GG ;)

It's not shown in that list because you can never construct a MA in the city. Instead, you should see it's Actual Effects when you hover over the action button for the GG.

In the hover I see it lists some national wonders, even though I can't build any more NWs.

This is because I do not check if you can construct the building currently. This is so you can see the effects for a Cathedral without 3 Temples or the OU without 6 Universities.

You're just gonna have to get used to seeing those in there until I can add specific checks for NWs in that area. That's the only valid reason I can see for removing a building from the list so far since there's nothing you can do (short of letting it get captured as you say) that will ever unlock a NW once you've built the limit for the city.

I don't know what's going on there. In the ROM Error log you can see a bunch of failed imports for all of ROM's maps (ROM_Tectonics, ROM_Pangea, etc). Does ROM provide its own map scripts specifically for ROM? You can also see missing imports for maps that BUG adds. I have no idea why those are being imported.

I would try clearing your cache. I think you hold down SHIFT while launching the game.

I don't know what's going on there. In the ROM Error log you can see a bunch of failed imports for all of ROM's maps (ROM_Tectonics, ROM_Pangea, etc). Does ROM provide its own map scripts specifically for ROM? You can also see missing imports for maps that BUG adds. I have no idea why those are being imported.

I would try clearing your cache. I think you hold down SHIFT while launching the game.

Well actually i delete all the files there once a week, and i moved all mods that contain Bug to a separate folder.

bug or feature?
Firstly - a bit of a description rather than a pic would be in order. However, after looking at the pic for 30 seconds, I think you are mentioning the funny zoom when you open the city screen.

This is neither a bug or a feature ... it is an artifact. When you select a non default zoom factor (BTW the default is 42), the city screen opens using that zoom. Move to the next city and BUG resets the zoom to 42 (and resets it to your selected value when you exit). We cannot reset the zoom until you move to another city - the code is there, but it doesn't get executed.

No thats not what I mean. As you can see (lol), you will NOT see the commerce and so on but you can see the city's name. Therefore, you can continue playing but you cannot remove the city interface - or I do not know how.

It looks like you're getting a Python error while it's drawing the commerce buttons because it drops the 100% and 0% (min/max) binary research buttons when drawing the city screen.

As usual, the PythonErr.log file would help. Please don't make us work so hard to help you. We're busy people doing this for fun; asking you for the same information for every bug report takes time we would rather spend building more features. :mischief:

When does the interface break. What did you do exactly before it broke? For example, "I opened the city screen and it didn't draw completely" or "I close the city screen and it didn't erase completely."

well, someone else got this error while playing my mod. therefore my hope was you could identify the reason. I've seen this myself only ONE time but then I had restarted civ without reporting the error. Will tell you, when I see this again.

RoM provides own mapscripts because it has terrain features which aren't in regular BtS and because RoM also has mapsizes bigger than Huge. Anyway, I think this problem might be caused by CivilizationIV.ini as the game saves information there about the used mapscripts... I'll have to see if I can find a way to prevent the problem strategyonly described (starting regular BtS after using my mod does seem to cause mapscript python errors during loading).

News: My error with the city screen was a result of great general generating wonders/buildings.

I hope this isn't a duplicate (I searched the thread, but you never know) but here goes. Since I installed BUG (to CustomAssets for single player), version 3.6 for patch 3.13 and higher, on patch 3.17, the game freezes whenever I attempt to open the singleplayer menu in BtS. This has persisted after completely removing (well, renaming away) the CustomAssets folder, restoring it, uninstalling BUG, attempting both again, and a complete reinstall of BtS. Are there any theories as to why this could be occurring?

Since I installed BUG (to CustomAssets for single player), version 3.6 for patch 3.13 and higher, on patch 3.17, the game freezes whenever I attempt to open the singleplayer menu in BtS.

Welcome to the forums! :band:

BUG doesn't alter the main menu (or any menus) of Civ4. I can't think of any reason this would happen. It seems very odd that it persists after reinstalling Civ4 from scratch. Are you sure it started when you installed BUG? Were you ever able to play a game using BUG?

When you reinstalled BTS, did you uninstall Civ4 as well, or just the BTS expansion?

Welcome to the forums! :band:

BUG doesn't alter the main menu (or any menus) of Civ4. I can't think of any reason this would happen. It seems very odd that it persists after reinstalling Civ4 from scratch. Are you sure it started when you installed BUG? Were you ever able to play a game using BUG?

When you reinstalled BTS, did you uninstall Civ4 as well, or just the BTS expansion?
Thanks for the welcome!

Just BtS. I'm trying to avoid a full reinstall, but it sounds like maybe I have no choice, if you don't have any ideas - and you're right, I don't see any reason it should be affecting the menus at all. The only reason I think it has anything to do with BUG (possibly) at all is that the timing was perfect and it only affects single player, which seems to fit perfectly.

I'm going to try a full reinstall, purging all the My Games/ data after uninstalling, and see what happens, if nobody has any less drastic ideas.

EDIT: Sorry, I missed one of your questions. No, this issue manifested as soon as I installed the mod, and I never managed to get into a game with it.

Just BtS.

Yeah, a full reinstall is probably in order sadly. BTS uses some of the assets from the vanilla game. It only replaces those that it changes, and I doubt the main menu was changed for Warlords or BTS, so it should be using the ones from Vanilla.

I'm trying to avoid a full reinstall

I hear ya, and I always hate to recommend one, but I don't see any alternatives here. I do recommend that after reinstalling Civ4 and BTS you make a backup of the installation folder (just copy it to another folder). Also, download BUG 3.6 again just in case. Then, if installing it breaks again (if indeed you install BUG), you can hopefully just replace the folder with the backed up version.

The only reason I think it has anything to do with BUG (possibly) at all is that the timing was perfect and it only affects single player, which seems to fit perfectly.

That's sound logic, and I would think the same thing if I didn't know the internals of BUG. ;) If it is caused by BUG, I definitely want to find out why and fix it. I've never seen this issue before, though. Please let us know how it goes, and good luck. :goodjob:

Yeah, a full reinstall is probably in order sadly. BTS uses some of the assets from the vanilla game. It only replaces those that it changes, and I doubt the main menu was changed for Warlords or BTS, so it should be using the ones from Vanilla.
I hear ya, and I always hate to recommend one, but I don't see any alternatives here. I do recommend that after reinstalling Civ4 and BTS you make a backup of the installation folder (just copy it to another folder). Also, download BUG 3.6 again just in case. Then, if installing it breaks again (if indeed you install BUG), you can hopefully just replace the folder with the backed up version.
That's sound logic, and I would think the same thing if I didn't know the internals of BUG. ;) If it is caused by BUG, I definitely want to find out why and fix it. I've never seen this issue before, though. Please let us know how it goes, and good luck. :goodjob:
Well, everything's uninstalled and cleaned out, and the install's in process. I've re-downloaded BUG and I will indeed try installing it again once things are working, it sounds pretty awesome if I ever get to try it! I like your suggestion about backing up, too.

Thanks for your help, particularly considering that the odds that this actually has anything to do with BUG are pretty nonexistent. ;)

One final question - if I choose to install BUG as a regular mod instead, is that something that I'd manually load if I wanted to use it, or would it be automatically loaded? And if the former, would it be applicable to both single- and multiplayer?

EDIT: clean reinstall, and everything's working fine. I'm gonna try BUG again now.

EDIT #2: aaaand when I load BUG, it crashes in the same place. When I don't load BUG, it's fine. That's really weird. Maybe it's just a peculiarity of my build, or something?

Top Bottom