1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Bug Reports and Discussion

Discussion in 'More Naval AI Modmod' started by Tholal, Jan 3, 2013.

1. MagisterCultuum

MagisterCultuum Great Sage

Players actually do start with workers as a part of base FfH2, if you use a Classical or Medieval Start. I don't often have the patience for to begin in the Ancient Era.

Is there any ETA on the next release? I was thinking of putting out a new version of MagisterModmod on New Years Day, but would be willing to wait another month if that meant incorporating your improvements first.

2. maglock

maglock Coatlann Tamer

I Just started up a new game using 2.71 and I can research the seafaring tech for 1 research point. Tried as Malakim and Calabim.

Shouldn't seafaring be restricted to the Lanun?

3. jackal1234

jackal1234 Chieftain

hey man. can u do one last update to wrap it up? i still want to play this and am passing it along to the boys. thanks for all the great work!!

4. roofitavio

roofitavio Chieftain

Is it intentional that I no longer receive warnings that Acheron is coming ("Travelers have told tales about a dragon that wants to make (city) his lair")?

5. Bickendan

Bickendan Chieftain

Playing a major solo hotseat game, noticed that there are no pearls at all. Not that the Lanun need it at all, but still.

6. toomanysecrets

toomanysecrets Chieftain

MNAI 2.71 nospells.png
    Apparently AI is not picking Spheres promotions at all. Is it happening only to me?
    Here is a screenshot of a Sheaim stack. But it is happening to every AI in every game.
    I don't know if it is related but "puppet states", "advanced tactics" and "multiple production" active. "Revolutions" disabled.
    Let me know if I can help you with additional information.

7. Jojo_Fr

Jojo_Fr Chieftain

Erebus in the Balance v12 have this balance change :

• Calabim can build Elder Council's if they have the Philisophical trait

But I played Flauros (Philosophical) and I can't build Elder Council.

8. Bickendan

Bickendan Chieftain

Diplomacy is autocancelling -- Rights of Passage, Open Borders, Non-Aggression Pacts, Free Trade Agreements.

Imp. Knoedel likes this.
  9. Lamabreeder

Lamabreeder Chieftain

I hope this is the right place to report this bug. The game told me to visit thread 483736 but that one looks abandoned.

I am playing ExtraModMod (latest version as of this typing, installed on latest version of FfH2), an event pops up and tells me that it's a buggy event and I should report it which I hereby do. The event in question names itself INSPIRED_MISSION. It's the one where you are asked to fund expansion of your state religion. I have a screenshot and the autosave available if one of those things are of interest to anybody.

Is it safe to continue playing after a buggy event fires? Seems the self-aware code detected its buggyness and degraded itself to a simple text-message, but I am not fond of nasty surprises.

10. lfgr

lfgr Chieftain

Hi, thanks for the report. The correct place to report ExtraModMod bugs is now my continuation's thread, I will update the in-game text for the next version. To avoid getting reports on already fixed bugs, I'd ask you to download the patch in that thread when you start your next game (the patch is not save-game compatible). I would also appreciate if you could upload the save here or in the linked thread.

As for your second question, it is completely safe to play on. The bug is actually that there is no valid option, so the event cannot do anything :).

EDIT: Let me take this opportunity to notify everybody watching this thread that I am continuing maintenance of MNAI here.

11. Lamabreeder

Lamabreeder Chieftain

Thanks for the quick response! I will post the save here because of my earlier post here, all future bugs - of which there will be none, I am sure - in the new thread. (The save is on a custom made map, but I don't think that matters.)

Attached: A save that will immediately produce the described buggy event. Yay autosaves!

Thanks for all the great work!

Attached Files:

12. lfgr

lfgr Chieftain

Thanks, the bug will be fixed in the next release.