Bug Reports and Discussion

Probably never noticed because players dont start with workers as part of base FFH. Also, it looks like this was some fallout from a recent change to prevent chopping production from being sent to settlements. Bug has been fixed and will be included in next release.
Players actually do start with workers as a part of base FfH2, if you use a Classical or Medieval Start. I don't often have the patience for to begin in the Ancient Era.

Is there any ETA on the next release? I was thinking of putting out a new version of MagisterModmod on New Years Day, but would be willing to wait another month if that meant incorporating your improvements first.

I Just started up a new game using 2.71 and I can research the seafaring tech for 1 research point. Tried as Malakim and Calabim.

Shouldn't seafaring be restricted to the Lanun?

hey man. can u do one last update to wrap it up? i still want to play this and am passing it along to the boys. thanks for all the great work!!

Playing a major solo hotseat game, noticed that there are no pearls at all. Not that the Lanun need it at all, but still.

MNAI 2.71
nospells.png

Apparently AI is not picking Spheres promotions at all. Is it happening only to me?
Here is a screenshot of a Sheaim stack. But it is happening to every AI in every game.
I don't know if it is related but "puppet states", "advanced tactics" and "multiple production" active. "Revolutions" disabled.
Let me know if I can help you with additional information.

Erebus in the Balance v12 have this balance change :

• Calabim can build Elder Council's if they have the Philisophical trait

But I played Flauros (Philosophical) and I can't build Elder Council.

I hope this is the right place to report this bug. The game told me to visit thread 483736 but that one looks abandoned.

I am playing ExtraModMod (latest version as of this typing, installed on latest version of FfH2), an event pops up and tells me that it's a buggy event and I should report it which I hereby do. The event in question names itself INSPIRED_MISSION. It's the one where you are asked to fund expansion of your state religion. I have a screenshot and the autosave available if one of those things are of interest to anybody.

Is it safe to continue playing after a buggy event fires? Seems the self-aware code detected its buggyness and degraded itself to a simple text-message, but I am not fond of nasty surprises.

Hi, thanks for the report. The correct place to report ExtraModMod bugs is now my continuation's thread, I will update the in-game text for the next version. To avoid getting reports on already fixed bugs, I'd ask you to download the patch in that thread when you start your next game (the patch is not save-game compatible). I would also appreciate if you could upload the save here or in the linked thread.

As for your second question, it is completely safe to play on. The bug is actually that there is no valid option, so the event cannot do anything :).

EDIT: Let me take this opportunity to notify everybody watching this thread that I am continuing maintenance of MNAI here.

Thanks for the quick response! I will post the save here because of my earlier post here, all future bugs - of which there will be none, I am sure - in the new thread. (The save is on a custom made map, but I don't think that matters.)

Attached: A save that will immediately produce the described buggy event. Yay autosaves!

Thanks for all the great work!

Attachments

• BuggyEvent_AutoSave_TURN-0237.CivBeyondSwordSave
    196 KB · Views: 181
I just got an assert I do not remember seeing before:
Code:
Assert Failed

File:  CvUnit.cpp
Line:  12976
Expression:  getCargo() == aUnits.size()
Message:  (May occur erroneously when moving a ship containing some unit that can see some invisible type)

----------------------------------------------------------

I think that assert is invalid most of the time, unfortunately. I will probably remove it soon. It says that the number of units that are loaded on the ship is somehow out of sync. The units loaded on a ship are moved one-by-one when the ship is moved, and if something looks at the units or the ship (f.e. to determine visibility) while the move in in process, it sees an invalid state.

Does the foreign trade civic actually increase trade route yields? The tooltip makes me think it does not. *But* the actual value displayed on the screen is +2.18, so I think it does?

upload_2019-10-9_13-14-4.png
upload_2019-10-9_13-14-38.png

Also, is there a hard cap on 8 trade routes? I can't seem to increase them above that.

Last edited:
Does the foreign trade civic actually increase trade route yields? The tooltip makes me think it does not. *But* the actual value displayed on the screen is +2.18, so I think it does?
Fixed for the next release, thank you. However, in the future, please indicate which mod exactly you are playing (EMM in this case), or report bugs in the respective mod thread.

Also, is there a hard cap on 8 trade routes? I can't seem to increase them above that.
Yes. The cap is MAX_TRADE_ROUTES in the XML global defines, and it comes from vanilla bts.

Using mnai-2.8.1u.zip I have encountered the following bug:
When I click on a peak to move there (with a unit which can move onto a peak - a griffon) I have to click on some special spots on the peak. If I click on the wrong spot on the peak then the game will instead target the tile below the peak. (My guess is that this is not a MNAI bug but I dont know either.) Due to that it can be pretty tricky to actually move onto a peak with the mouse. The movement target indicator gfx works consistently with the movement if the mouse is held down long enough. So pressing the button onto the peak (if I have mouse over a "wrong" spot) will show the red circle on the tile below the peak.

Weird bug with producing Settlers and Workers if 'Growth Control' is on due to unhappies in town. It can happen that with negative or zero food growth some food is added to production. This shows in the city screen and it works that way too: The production is actually increased by that amount and that amount is not reduced from the food storage. In the images I only changed the '+1 production' worker to a working a '+2 food +1 production' tile. This gave +4 food net result instead of the expected +2 food net result. Two of the new food remove the -2 growth. And the other two new food are added as production.
Reproducing the bug may require some fiddling. I have only seen it if there are unhappies in town with 'growth control' being active. I have modded the game somewhat (.xml & python only) but I wouldnt expect that to cause this kind of bug.
ffh_gc_bug_a.png
ffh_gc_bug_b.png

In my modmod I recently added several new religions that are spread/founded by building certain buildings, using BtS tags like these:
Code:
           <ReligionChanges>
               <ReligionChange>
                   <ReligionType>RELIGION_FOXMEN</ReligionType>
                   <iReligionChange>1</iReligionChange>
               </ReligionChange>
           </ReligionChanges>

(The buildings are mostly wonders, but Sirona's cult the Brotherhood of Wardens may be spread by either the Shrine of Sirona or the Elohim's Chancel of the Guardians and Ceridwen's cult the Chain Breakers can be foundd by either The Nexus or a Sheim Planar Gate.)

This works fine in the regular game, but I found that when I purchase such wonders in Worldbuilder that the religion does not get spread.

I tried adding python code in CvEventManager.py under def onBuildingBuilt(self, argsList), but found that this does not do anything in worldbuilder either.

Speaking of worldbuilder, I am reminded of a couple other issues.

When you add and then remove a unit with a positive <iInstanceCostModifier>, the refund you get for removing it is greater than the units original cost. (I used to make settlers cost more the more you have, but removed that feature because of this bug. More recently I decided to use the same mechanic to make arcane units more expensive the more you have, to represent them competing for a limited supply of mana.)

In my modmod I also use pLoopPlot.setFoundDisabled(True) to prevent anyone from building cities too close to Letum Frigus, as my version of the White Hand ritual transforms that unique feature into a city and I don't want two cities on adjacent tiles. This functions does not however stop anyone from placing a city right next to Letum Frigus in an advanced Start game.

I really wish the AI understood pPlot.setFoundDisabled(True) better. I find that when a player starts too close to Letum Frigus to construct a city with its settler in its initial position that it does not move to a tile where cities can be built but just stays doing nothing for the whole game.

When I tried giving units representing the Matronae (archangels who have obtained Gems of Creation giving them infinite supplies of mana) 1,000,000 strength each, I found that instead of being able to defeat anything that they would lose every battle. When I dialed their strength back to 10,000 things seemed fine.

I've heard reports that some of the revolution mod stability tags for buildings seem to be doing the opposite of what they should.

A significant minority of the time when I load the game I still get an assert saying it cannot find some random xml entry (usually a building, although I remember it being Faeryl's leaderhead art once recently). The Assert usually shows the entry as containing one unreadable character in place of a normal letter. If I say to ignore the issue the game seems to work fine except that item not showing up properly. If I close the game and start it again the issue invariably disappears.

The latest one is for a unit
Code:
Assert Failed

File:  CvGlobals.cpp
Line:  3764
Expression:  strcmp(szType, "NONE")==0 || strcmp(szType, "")==0
Message:  info type UNIT_DISCIPLE_THE_ASHEN_VIL not found, Current XML file is: xml\Units/CIV4UnitInfos.xml

----------------------------------------------------------
[code]
It did not copy the odd character, but there was a narrow box between the V and the I in Veil where the E should be.

Last edited:
This works fine in the regular game, but I found that when I purchase such wonders in Worldbuilder that the religion does not get spread.
This seems to be intended. Is it a big problem?

A significant minority of the time when I load the game I still get an assert saying it cannot find some random xml entry (usually a building, although I remember it being Faeryl's leaderhead art once recently). The Assert usually shows the entry as containing one unreadable character in place of a normal letter. If I say to ignore the issue the game seems to work fine except that item not showing up properly. If I close the game and start it again the issue invariably disappears.
Looks like memory corruption, which is unfortunately very hard to fix. Does it happen when you load MagisterModMod, or at the start of a game (in the sense of "Play Now")?

I already commented on the unyielding order thing. I took note of the other issues and will look into them.

Top Bottom