Bug Reports and Technical Issues

More of an exploit than a bug: in wartime, every AI asset is considered to be 'tradable', even when the AI is not willing to talk. Thanks to this, when three civilizations have discovered a tech, declaring war on them triggers the Japanese Modernisation discount UP.
I consider that intentional, going to war with more advanced civs should be another way to accelerate your progress as Japan.

Got two questions, both because I was making some changes to the map that I would like to propose for the mod.

- I tried getting screenshots of the game but only my desktop shows up (same thing happened to someone else a couple of days ago). Any thoughts on how to fix that? Failing that, how can I share the change request in the forums?
- If I make changes to the map in the worldbuilder, how can I make those changes permanent to all my games?
Are you using print screen for the screenshots? And is it the Steam version? There might be a special way to take screenshots with Steam.

The cleanest way to do so is to save your WB changes as a scenario and then use a diff tool like Winmerge to get them into the scenario files in the PrivateMaps folder. This way, you can only apply the actual plot changes without also applying all the changes that happen just from opening the scenario as a game.

Looking forward to your suggestions!

Got two questions, both because I was making some changes to the map that I would like to propose for the mod.

- I tried getting screenshots of the game but only my desktop shows up (same thing happened to someone else a couple of days ago). Any thoughts on how to fix that? Failing that, how can I share the change request in the forums?
- If I make changes to the map in the worldbuilder, how can I make those changes permanent to all my games?

I had the same problem with screenshots. But later I found the solution. Probably when you make a screenshot, you insert it into the picture and there is only desktop. However it's unnecessary, all normall screenshots are automatically saved in My documents/My games/Bend the Sword/ScreenShots.

It wasn't enabled.
Thanks, here's another attempt (see attached). Please report back with another PythonErr.logs file, and thank you for your patience.

Attachments

• DoC Patch 1.14.rar
    1.1 MB · Views: 74
It still crashes with the newest git.
No crash for me on the recent git version. Are you maybe using VD, that might be relevant. In that case, have you tried installer VD + patch?

I had the same problem with screenshots. But later I found the solution. Probably when you make a screenshot, you insert it into the picture and there is only desktop. However it's unnecessary, all normall screenshots are automatically saved in My documents/My games/Bend the Sword/ScreenShots.

This solved it - thanks!

Thanks, here's another attempt (see attached). Please report back with another PythonErr.logs file, and thank you for your patience.

This one has changed nothing too. And I also noticed another one bag.

Attachments

• PythonErr.rar
    427 bytes · Views: 90
Okay, was aware of the Theodosian Walls thing but apparently stuff is missing in Jerusalem as well.

Another attempt is attached, waiting for another log.

Attachments

• DoC Patch 1.14.rar
    1.1 MB · Views: 52
Steam indeed has its own way of making screenshots, F12 being the default key I think.

In 600AD autoplays (at least the Polish one) the Dawn of Man popup doesn't show up until the autoplay is over.

Ivan IV doesn't say anything on first contact even though according to the XML he should have a first contact message. I'll see if I can get to the bottom of this and make a pull request with the fix when I made it.

Ivan IV doesn't say anything on first contact even though according to the XML he should have a first contact message. I'll see if I can get to the bottom of this and make a pull request with the fix when I made it.
That would be great, but noted anyway.

VD? No I just downloaded latest version from git.
I could play three turns in from your save with the latest version. Did you do anything else that might have triggered the crash?

Okay, was aware of the Theodosian Walls thing but apparently stuff is missing in Jerusalem as well.

Another attempt is attached, waiting for another log.

Red circle in Jerusalem disappeared. But the walls in Constantinopolis are still red.

Attachments

• PythonErr.rar
    423 bytes · Views: 81
Red circle in Jerusalem disappeared. But the walls in Constantinopolis are still red.
Yes, that issue comes from the Varietas Delectat module. I have fixed it separately, it will become available when the updated installer is compiled.

Will look into the log output later.

Yes, that issue comes from the Varietas Delectat module. I have fixed it separately, it will become available when the updated installer is compiled.

Will look into the log output later.
Here's the next attempt. It's not going to fix it but hopefully the next log will show me if I'm going in the right direction.

Attachments

• DoC Patch 1.14.rar
    1.1 MB · Views: 45
Here's the next attempt. It's not going to fix it but hopefully the next log will show me if I'm going in the right direction.

The great day! It works :)
Thank you very much for your patience and diligence!

Attachments

• PythonErr.rar
    301 bytes · Views: 50
Awesome, did not expect that to be honest. There's still an error in the log, but it's not as critical as the ones before and I'm confident I can fix it the same way.

I'm really glad I could manage to keep the mod compatible with all international systems.

If you like, please start a game with this patch applied and upload the logs again. Not sure what the significance of the remaining error messages are but I'd like to fix them to be safe.

Attachments

• DoC Patch 1.14.rar
    1.1 MB · Views: 56
If you like, please start a game with this patch applied and upload the logs again. Not sure what the significance of the remaining error messages are but I'd like to fix them to be safe.

Perhaps it's strange, but this patch returned everything as it was before :lol:
Last time I forgot to tell about problem with the name of the Netherlands and periodic appearance of "red" walls of Constantinopolis.
(name of the Netherlands)

Attachments

• PythonErr.rar
    504 bytes · Views: 48
Perhaps it's strange, but this patch returned everything as it was before :lol:
That was my mistake, I combined the last change with a previous version of the patch that didn't have the fix yet. I'll upload the right combination soon.

Last time I forgot to tell about problem with the name of the Netherlands and periodic appearance of "red" walls of Constantinopolis.
(name of the Netherlands)
Red walls are fixed, but this requires rebundling everything from the VD module which I cannot do with just a patch. Please wait a while until I can re-release 1.14.

I'll look into the Netherlands name, seems to be another, not as terminal incarnation of the same character encoding problem.

That was my mistake, I combined the last change with a previous version of the patch that didn't have the fix yet. I'll upload the right combination soon.
Here it is. It also attempts to fix the Netherlands text, if you load that game and play a few turns at least something should happen. The expected name is "Republic of the Seven United Netherlands".

Attachments

• DoC Patch 1.14.rar
    1.1 MB · Views: 53
Top Bottom