• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Bug Reports and Technical Issues

Is teleporting units a bug ?
Up until now I considered it a feature to protect some spots from barbarians :lol:
(it occurs on several occasions)

Units around Afrosayib (spelling?) at spawn are also teleported to capital. Must be the eject mechanic. Is it different for barb cities vs independent?

So you have a unit next to the Afrosiyab tile and when the city appears it is teleported to your capital?

I don't know if that's the default Civ mechanic, but in any case I think the unit should simply be pushed to a free adjacent tile. I'll add it to my to do list.

After I download the mod it says 'unable to create file\Civ4 Beyond Sword. exe

Create Process failed; code 2

The system cannot find the file specified'

I am at a bit of a loss as to what to do here. I think the issue has been raised before and it was suggested BtS might not be in the Windows Registry. But I have no idea how to fix the problem, so any help would be appreciated.

Are you using the Steam version? If you go to System Preferences and uninstall software, does Civ4 Beyond the Sword show up?

That appears to be the problem, your Windows doesn't know about BtS being installed for some reason. Maybe un- and reinstalling would help?

I reinstalled the full 1.14 mod and the 1.14 patch, and I still can't seem to get the Congresses to work. I got one to show up for the end of a global war, but the automatic Congresses that used to happen in 1.13 every 15 turns or so are no longer happening (as America, it was a good way to seize New Orleans without war). I ran a few test games to 1850 thinking maybe I wasn't giving it enough time, but there should be at least one automatic Congress by 1850, no?

For reference, this is also on Marathon speed and on the 1700 AD scenario.

Yeah, should be. Could you upload the Assets/Python/Congresses.py file (you might have to zip it or rename it to txt)?

Ok, so I've uninstalled and reinstalled BtS and now it does show up in apps where it didn't before. So far so good. But instead of the old error message I now get 'Mods\RFC Dawn of Civilization is an invalid mod directory, ignoring'

Can you try the steps described here?

I'll do some more research.

Yeah, should be. Could you upload the Assets/Python/Congresses.py file (you might have to zip it or rename it to txt)?

Here is the Congresses file. I converted it to .txt

Attachments

• Congresses.txt
    44.4 KB · Views: 45
Thanks for all the help Leoreth. I've got it working. I think it was saving in the wrong place but I'm not sure ...

Top Bottom