Bug Reports and Technical Issues

Yeah I tried that. Still doesn't work.

I use Steam version and having this in the shortcut works for me: mod="\RFC Dawn of Civilization"
Either that or mod="RFC Dawn of Civilization" should work (if you able to switch to the mod inside regular BTS).

Last edited:
Do any other ways of loading the mod work? Such as opening BtS, then selecting it in Advanced -> Mods?

Maybe something went wrong during download/installation, have you retried?

Good to know it works now!

I'm eager to try out the latest changes with the new HR techtree, but when playing a Babylonian start, every turn after the first one drops this python exception:

Code:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "BugEventManager", line 400, in _handleDefaultEvent
  File "CvRFCEventHandler", line 617, in onBeginPlayerTurn
  File "Victory", line 1421, in checkTurn
ArgumentError: Python argument types in
    CvCivilizationInfo.getPaganReligionName(CvCivilizationInfo)
did not match C++ signature:
    getPaganReligionName(class CvCivilizationInfo {lvalue}, unsigned int)

Noted, should be a quick fix.

The Mazdaist Temple is out of control!

Must be something off about its scale setting or the like, I don't really remember how this stuff.

Also, perhaps not a bug, but I'm finding it kinda mathematically impossible to achieve the 1st UHV goal as Babylonia when playing in normal speed... the Greeks spawn at turn 50 with Construction, Arithmetics and Writing, and the Indians at turn 54 with Calendar. Or maybe I'm just doing it all wrong as usual... any little hints the mighty head dev might give us clueless players?

UPDATE: It seems female Great Prophets cannot build the Jewish shrine, indeed it's missing in their XML buildings.

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0004.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0004.JPG
    450 KB · Views: 346
Last edited:
Classical tech speeds and starting techs still need to be balanced. I've made a note for the Mazdaist temple (haha) and Jewish shrine.

But wait, there's more!

A little display issue, the 3rd UHV goal for Rome only shows checkmarks for Architecture and Politics, while Machinery, Civil Service and Theology are missing.
Regarding this, Theology founds Islam now, so to get the goal Rome would have to found it instead of Arabia. I don't know how that fares from an alt-history angle (Caesar Muhammad Augustus?), but wouldn't it make more sense to swap the effects of Theology and Doctrine?

When the Schism happens, the text bubble is missing where it happened (don't know if it's the city or civ): "But with worldly control over the Christian world fracturing, the Patriarch of (blank) has declared himself..."

UPDATE: The Norse Asatru Hof is similarly oversized as well.

Last edited:
Noted all four things.

Not sure what to do about Rome/Islam, let me think about it. It makes no sense to swap the techs though as Islam was founded before the schism.

Not so much a bug as an oversight. Now that Arabia starts with Philosophy, its core area switches from Jerusalem/Mecca/Sana'a to Jerusalem/Damascus/Baghdad as soon as it spawns. Maybe the core-switch tech should be changed to Doctrine?

Good point, will adjust.

When the Schism happens, the text bubble is missing where it happened (don't know if it's the city or civ): "But with worldly control over the Christian world fracturing, the Patriarch of (blank) has declared himself..."
This worked for me during autoplay (it's supposed to be the new Catholic holy city), so maybe something else was wrong with your game? Where did the Catholic holy city appear?

This worked for me during autoplay (it's supposed to be the new Catholic holy city), so maybe something else was wrong with your game? Where did the Catholic holy city appear?

Well, if extensive use of Ctrl-Z to reign things around like a madman is considered wrong... yes, it's very wrong, but I think the bug's still legit. Save attached, Catholicism is founded in Rome the next turn when they finish an Orthodox church.

While I'm at it, a pair of things:
- Religion shrines count towards the new city wonder limit, maybe they should be excluded? Well the only time it's really kind of an issue is in the 600 AD scenario, to get to build the Dome of the Rock ASAP you need to build up a lot of culture first since the Church of the Anastasis and the Temple of Solomon count towards the limit.
- Regarding wonders in the 600AD scenario, the wonders in them are set so that the original owners are Independents, or Byzantium. China gets the Great Wall, and the Taoist and Confucian shrines I believe from an independent flip at the beginning, so those wonders don't give them culture, even though historically they're his. Byzantium gets culture from a lot of wonders they didn't build, like the Parthenon or the Pyramids. And if Egypt respawns they don't get culture from their historical wonders. In the 1700AD there are a lot of wonders which only give culture to whoever they belong to at the beginning, historicity also excluded. Would it be possible to change the original owners of the wonders in the scenarios to whoever build them historically?

Attachments

• Justinian I AD-0380 Turn 166.zip
    500.1 KB · Views: 60
Top Bottom