Bug Reports and Technical Issues

What is your install location? It needs to be Beyond the Sword\Mods.

I was putting it in the wrong folder. :sad: Thanks so much! I've been excited to play this mod in forever! :D

Question, I notice that the borders don't expand into a fat cross like other mods. Is this intentional?

At first it was the same as before, unable to read file
Now it just endlessly loads without going to the civilization selection screen.
Have you tried downloading the entire mod again? Any difference between the download from Github and the installer?

I was putting it in the wrong folder. :sad: Thanks so much! I've been excited to play this mod in forever! :D

Question, I notice that the borders don't expand into a fat cross like other mods. Is this intentional?
Great that it works now! Gradual border expansion is one of the features of DoC. The idea is to have more natural looking borders that follow the surrounding terrain (you may have noticed that easier terrain gets covered first).

At first it was the same as before, unable to read file
Now it just endlessly loads without going to the civilization selection screen.

Well then try this:

You could also create a copy of one of the other WB files, rename it to RFC 600AD, and replace the contents by copy pasting from the RAW version of the 600AD file on Github.

I have the same problem as you with the 600 AD file, and this method works with me.

I read their post as that not working either.

France and Spain declared war on me, but my name isn't showing, just a blank space before the ! sign.

Spoiler :

Also, my civ name changes to "Swedish Empire" when I reach the Renaissance, but the civ adjective is Norway/Norwegian. Shouldn't it be Sweden/Swedish?

There's also this bug that turns the graphics for inactive Cogs into Frigates. :crazyeye:

Spoiler :

Not sure if this one is a bug (never encountered the event before), but this appeared for me even though I wasn't at war with anyone. It also happened later on with Mexico and Poland, but I didn't get a screenshot.

Spoiler :

I hope these are helpful.

France and Spain declared war on me, but my name isn't showing, just a blank space before the ! sign.

Can confirm this bug. It's not critical, but can be annoying, yes. I always assumed it had to do when the game has changed my civ description on it's own. It has definitely happened when I was leading the Macedonian Empire (instead of Greek); or the Republic of Morocco (instead of Moorish Empire); etc. I'd have to load my France or Russia games to see if it also happened there.

I even believe to remember (but am not sure), that the game also forgot other civ descriptors, as well. Not only mine.

You are at war with the civilisations behind the native units (the non-barbarians that act like barbarians). That could explain the event.

Why I cannot build the Krak des Chevaliers wonder in Cordoba (Qurtubah) as Moorish, 600 AD start? I've spread both Islamism and Catholicism there by missionaries. And I do not see it being built in any other city in F8.

I could build it in the previous game with Italians in Rome (having both religions), 3000 BC start, so this isnt a problem with installation or something like that.

Attachments

• Emperor Abd-ar-Rahman AD-1110 Turn 350.CivBeyondSwordSave
    607.2 KB · Views: 18
It requires Catholic state religion.

Shouldn't Krak be buildable with an Islam as state religion too? The original part of the castle was built before the crusades. And Krak was special for it's location (there wasn't much timber around and nowhere to set up siege engines) and command of the surroundings, it was a particularly advanced castle, but that's not why it's famous. Perhaps a requirement should be something to do with hill terrain?
I could be completely wrong as my sources are a book on the crusades I read as a child and wikipedia.

It's meant to be built by Christian civs in control of a Muslim city. If Muslim state religion was sufficient it could just end up in any Muslim city.

Civ4ScreenShot0091.JPG
The bars on top and bottom of the screen are not showing. wtf??

Edit: I am also instantly defeated for most civs on launching any of the scenarios.

Last edited:
Enable Python exceptions.

What point is this response trying to make?

I mean you don't have to conquer any Muslim city for that (and these would have low production to do so anyway). I'd guess it is built more often in bigger Christian cities where the Islam spreads (somehow).
Of course, just nitpicking (and any further limitation would mean it wont be built at all).

But how is that relevant in the context of removing the Catholic state religion requirement?

I don't know what's going on, but once I enter the next turn, the game crashes to desktop.

UPDATE: I figured out that it has something to do with Tamils declaring independence. I used WB to flip all of India's cities to the Mughals.
I know this is old, but nothing happened to me when ending a couple of turns from this save. My commit is d742908.

Top Bottom