Bug Reports and Technical Issues

My game freezes when I take Vienna.
It eventually finishes for me, but I will try to find out what is taking so long.

It eventually finishes for me, but I will try to find out what is taking so long.
I think it's mostly related to the fact that this move also kills Austria, which requires the game to update a lot of the game state. This still shouldn't be as expensive as it currently is, but profiling the code doesn't turn up anything unusual. It should be possible to optimise the routines here (actually it's mostly related to trade connection calculations which are one of the most significant contributors to long turn times anyway!) but that's beyond the scope of a simple fix and something where I do want to check if K-Mod already addressed this.

I already resolved this but just trying to figure out exactly what I did right. When accessing a new branch (that you have never accessed before) do you have to do a pull after a fetch? I had trouble with just "fetch" then "switch". Nothing happened, but then when I did a "pull" on the new branch and it worked? Is that the standard procedure?

Not sure how the Tortoise client does it. What happens if you only do a fetch/switch?

Not sure how the Tortoise client does it. What happens if you only do a fetch/switch?
It would immediately say "success" without anything loading... and I guess predictably no files seemed to change. So I guess with tortoise you have to fetch and pull for a new branch. If anyone knows better please correct me.

After the fetch? Because that would be normal. Or even after the switch?

It does not hurt to make a pull after you're already on the right branch, I just want to make sure you actually are. The switch to a new branch should either fail or your files should change when switching to it.

No matter what I do, it seems to crash after the turn ends, this is on the latest version

Attachments

• Peter AD-1805 Turn 356.zip
    963.3 KB · Views: 149
I get a stack overflow, but I can't investigate further, sorry.

After the fetch? Because that would be normal. Or even after the switch?

It does not hurt to make a pull after you're already on the right branch, I just want to make sure you actually are. The switch to a new branch should either fail or your files should change when switching to it.
If I recall correctly after the fetch and switch no files changed. Then after the pull the files finally changed.

Strange. Maybe it wasn't a new checkout after all? I don't know how else to explain this.

From my understanding, a fetch does not download the changed files. It only "informs your local git" that a new remote branch is present and provides the path from which future pulls should get the updates. A pull action should be preformed to download the changes.

If you do a fetch to get a new branch, always do a pull afterwards.

Okay, that's not how the git client itself behaves though.

There's also this bug that turns the graphics for inactive Cogs into Frigates. :crazyeye:

Spoiler :
I did not notice this when I first read your post. The reason you see this is because your unit graphics settings are too low. Lower settings are not completely supported because doing so would create too much additional work. On current computers, even low end ones, there is really no reason not to set the unit graphics to the highest level. They have no perceptible impact on the overall game performance.

Is the AI not affected by the wonder limit? Russia has built 6 wonders in Moscow and 7 in Kiev. Both cities have refined culture. Meanwhile, I can only build 4 wonders with refined culture. Save attached if this is a bug. This save is a few revisions old.

Attachments

• Washington AD-1928-July Turn 1241.CivBeyondSwordSave
    2.3 MB · Views: 28
They are intended to be affected, I will verify if that's the case.

Spanish Heavy Galley attacked my Heavy Galley sitting in the islands SE from Barcelona. They lost and the Combat log shows the odds were 5.00 (Spanish Heavy Galley) against 7.25 (Combat II 20 % + islands defensive bonus 25 %). There should be a bonus for the Coast attack of the Heavy galley, right? Islands are Islands/Coast.

I think attack bonuses for terrain types require there to be no feature on the terrain.

3000 BC/600 AD Prussia gets the entire 11th column and Replacable Parts, while 1700 AD Prussia gets the 11th without Geography, Civil Liberties, Horticulture, and Urban Planning.

When I obtain Civil Liberties as Prussia in 1700 AD, because I'm already running Individualism and Tolerance but only just unlocked them I'm set back Animism and Traditionalism.

Top Bottom