1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Bug Reports and Technical Issues

Discussion in 'Rhye's and Fall - Dawn of Civilization' started by Leoreth, Sep 11, 2014.

1. Leoreth

Leoreth 心の怪盗団 Moderator

I know this is old, but nothing happened to me when ending a couple of turns from this save. My commit is d742908.

2. Leoreth

Leoreth 心の怪盗団 Moderator

It eventually finishes for me, but I will try to find out what is taking so long.

3. Leoreth

Leoreth 心の怪盗団 Moderator

I think it's mostly related to the fact that this move also kills Austria, which requires the game to update a lot of the game state. This still shouldn't be as expensive as it currently is, but profiling the code doesn't turn up anything unusual. It should be possible to optimise the routines here (actually it's mostly related to trade connection calculations which are one of the most significant contributors to long turn times anyway!) but that's beyond the scope of a simple fix and something where I do want to check if K-Mod already addressed this.

h0spitall3rz and 1SDAN like this.
  4. TJDowling

TJDowling Prince

I already resolved this but just trying to figure out exactly what I did right. When accessing a new branch (that you have never accessed before) do you have to do a pull after a fetch? I had trouble with just "fetch" then "switch". Nothing happened, but then when I did a "pull" on the new branch and it worked? Is that the standard procedure?

5. Leoreth

Leoreth 心の怪盗団 Moderator

Not sure how the Tortoise client does it. What happens if you only do a fetch/switch?

6. TJDowling

TJDowling Prince

It would immediately say "success" without anything loading... and I guess predictably no files seemed to change. So I guess with tortoise you have to fetch and pull for a new branch. If anyone knows better please correct me.

7. Leoreth

Leoreth 心の怪盗団 Moderator

After the fetch? Because that would be normal. Or even after the switch?

It does not hurt to make a pull after you're already on the right branch, I just want to make sure you actually are. The switch to a new branch should either fail or your files should change when switching to it.

8. Vectors

Vectors Prince

No matter what I do, it seems to crash after the turn ends, this is on the latest version

Attached Files:

Leoreth likes this.
  9. Leoreth

Leoreth 心の怪盗団 Moderator

I get a stack overflow, but I can't investigate further, sorry.

10. TJDowling

TJDowling Prince

If I recall correctly after the fetch and switch no files changed. Then after the pull the files finally changed.

11. Leoreth

Leoreth 心の怪盗団 Moderator

Strange. Maybe it wasn't a new checkout after all? I don't know how else to explain this.

1SDAN and TJDowling like this.
  12. merijn_v1

merijn_v1 Black Belt

From my understanding, a fetch does not download the changed files. It only "informs your local git" that a new remote branch is present and provides the path from which future pulls should get the updates. A pull action should be preformed to download the changes.

If you do a fetch to get a new branch, always do a pull afterwards.

TJDowling likes this.
  13. Leoreth

Leoreth 心の怪盗団 Moderator

Okay, that's not how the git client itself behaves though.

14. Leoreth

Leoreth 心の怪盗団 Moderator

I did not notice this when I first read your post. The reason you see this is because your unit graphics settings are too low. Lower settings are not completely supported because doing so would create too much additional work. On current computers, even low end ones, there is really no reason not to set the unit graphics to the highest level. They have no perceptible impact on the overall game performance.

15. Zaddy

Zaddy Warlord

Is the AI not affected by the wonder limit? Russia has built 6 wonders in Moscow and 7 in Kiev. Both cities have refined culture. Meanwhile, I can only build 4 wonders with refined culture. Save attached if this is a bug. This save is a few revisions old.

Attached Files:

Leoreth likes this.
  16. merijn_v1

merijn_v1 Black Belt

Only wonders that are not obsoleted count. Maybe some of the wonders in Moscow and Kiev are already obsoleted.

1SDAN likes this.
  17. Leoreth

Leoreth 心の怪盗団 Moderator

They are intended to be affected, I will verify if that's the case.

1SDAN likes this.
  18. alexey795

alexey795 Chieftain

after the end of the turn the game collapses

Attached Files:

1SDAN and Leoreth like this.
  19. Rodnok

Rodnok Prince

Spanish Heavy Galley attacked my Heavy Galley sitting in the islands SE from Barcelona. They lost and the Combat log shows the odds were 5.00 (Spanish Heavy Galley) against 7.25 (Combat II 20 % + islands defensive bonus 25 %). There should be a bonus for the Coast attack of the Heavy galley, right? Islands are Islands/Coast.

20. Leoreth

Leoreth 心の怪盗団 Moderator

I think attack bonuses for terrain types require there to be no feature on the terrain.

Rodnok likes this.