Bug Reports and Technical Issues

The Itsukushima Shrine's effect (see Hanseong) doesn't seem to work. Playing on the lategame branch.

Attachments

• RFC DoC - Korea.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1.7 MB · Views: 85
The Itsukushima Shrine's effect (see Hanseong) doesn't seem to work. Playing on the lategame branch.
Do you also happen to have a save before the wonder is built?

Do you also happen to have a save before the wonder is built?

Here's one from 3 turns before.

Also, on an unrelated note, is it intentional that Bombards don't count towards the happiness bonus under Monarchy?

Attachments

• AutoSave_AD-1760 Turn 508.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1.7 MB · Views: 52
Also, on an unrelated note, is it intentional that Bombards don't count towards the happiness bonus under Monarchy?
Siege units dont count as military stationed in a city, in 1.15 either. A single siege unit as garrison leads to the population demanding military protection because it feels unsafe.

I think that is right.

And that's same in vanilla Civ. Siege units do not provide happiness bonus and neither the citizen protection. I also feel this is OK (otherwise we would be even more incited to build them to get these advantages too).

Yeah, ever patrolled the streets with a catapult?

Getting the following error when trying to launch the 600 AD scenario. I downloaded the development version as a zip.

Attachments

• error.png
    error.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 94
I downloaded the Git repo as a ZIP file, now when I try to start a scenario it quits with the message "failed to read world builder file"
This may affect one or more scenarios and is unfortunately a consequence of how Github creates its ZIP files, so I cannot do anything about it. To fix the problem, get Notepad++ and open the scenario file ("open with Notepad++"), then choose Edit -> EOL Conversion -> Windows.
Does that help? (From the FAQ in the opening post)

Great!

Tried 5 times to end turn, get a CtD, here is the SHA-1 325a569713d3f8935ac94d18268223334c493346

Attachments

• AutoSave_AD-1633 Turn 899.zip
    1.5 MB · Views: 60
I'm unable to display Leader names in the Scoreboard (bottom right). When switching the combinations in the BUG, Scoreboard it seems to me the Civilization and Leader is the same variable there - both display Vikings, Italy, France etc. Best visible when choosing Leader/Civ, then I get France/France, Vikings/Vikings like this screenshot shows.
Anyone else having this behavior?

Leader civ.jpg

There are 255 pages in this thread -- please forgive me if I'm asking a question that's been asked before.

When saving PythonDbg for you, do you need only one, or do you want multiple copies, one for each CtD? The background to this question:

So, I have been experiencing multiple Python Exception reports and CtDs every time I play. Often I am able to get past them by loading an earlier game. But eventually I will run into a CtD that cannot be maneuvered past. (It's always in the Renaissance. I have yet to play past AD 1550 because of the CtDs.) Would you want a PythonDbg for each CtD, even the ones that I wiggle past? Or would one PythonDbg, whatever state the file is in after the last CtD, suffice?

For CTDs, PythonDbg is usually useless. More helpful are savegames where the crash can be easily triggered by ending the turn or doing a specific action.

There are 255 pages in this thread -- please forgive me if I'm asking a question that's been asked before.

When saving PythonDbg for you, do you need only one, or do you want multiple copies, one for each CtD? The background to this question:

So, I have been experiencing multiple Python Exception reports and CtDs every time I play. Often I am able to get past them by loading an earlier game. But eventually I will run into a CtD that cannot be maneuvered past. (It's always in the Renaissance. I have yet to play past AD 1550 because of the CtDs.) Would you want a PythonDbg for each CtD, even the ones that I wiggle past? Or would one PythonDbg, whatever state the file is in after the last CtD, suffice?

I believe this is the same issue I have that Leoreth has been unable to even reproduce with save files.

Are the exceptions pointing to RFCUtils, line 900-ish? Try entering Worldbuilder, turning New Random Seed on Reload on, and then saving and reloading.

I believe this is the same issue I have that Leoreth has been unable to even reproduce with save files.

Are the exceptions pointing to RFCUtils, line 900-ish? Try entering Worldbuilder, turning New Random Seed on Reload on, and then saving and reloading.

I'll make a note to try that, thanks! I do know that CtDs usually happens the turn after Python Exception errors explode onto my screen, and that many times I can get past them on reloads.

But attached is the most recent game with a CtD. End turn, and then there should be Python Exceptions (and the Ethiopians gifting some Ivory! Isn't that nice of them!). End turn again, and ... Well, it crashed on me 5 times.

Attachments

• Ramesses III AD-1757 Turn 340.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1.4 MB · Views: 74
Tried 5 times to end turn, get a CtD, here is the SHA-1 325a569713d3f8935ac94d18268223334c493346
Can't reproduce, I get into the next turn without issues.

I'll make a note to try that, thanks! I do know that CtDs usually happens the turn after Python Exception errors explode onto my screen, and that many times I can get past them on reloads.

But attached is the most recent game with a CtD. End turn, and then there should be Python Exceptions (and the Ethiopians gifting some Ivory! Isn't that nice of them!). End turn again, and ... Well, it crashed on me 5 times.
Is this on git? Or 1.15?

Top Bottom