Bug Reports and Technical Issues

Same game, I am Catholic, I have both religions in some cities and was wondering why I can't build some Wonders again. House of Wisdom and University of Sankore require Islam state religion apparently (were available after save and converting back to Islam) but this time I can't see any hint about that in Civilopedia. Should be probably mentioned there the same way as Krak is (if the requirement for the Islam state religion is correct). Better maybe in the text than just tooltip.

Or all wonders which require just a single religion want you to run it as a state religion?

That's right, but does the tooltip not say state religion too?

No, the state religion isnt mentioned in tooltip (Only for the Krak I see the tooltip about state religion, but Krak requires 2 religions).
Thus I am wondering if there is a general rule "if a wonder requires 1 religion, it must be the state religion" and I am just not aware of it.

No, the state religion isnt mentioned in tooltip (Only for the Krak I see the tooltip about state religion, but Krak requires 2 religions).
Thus I am wondering if there is a general rule "if a wonder requires 1 religion, it must be the state religion" and I am just not aware of it.
There is no specific game rule that enforces it, but I think I set all wonders to work like this regardless. In either case, I think the tooltip can be a bit more explicit about it.

OK, so around 1270 Italians changed name to Italian Maritime Republics. But I checked a few autosaves and they were born as Kingdom of Italy in 1220, running Republic.
Maybe their name just hasn't been updated yet, but then again a respawn should also update the dynamic name. I'll check your save to see what happened.

And finally, when the UHV3 Moorish goal is ticked as completed, the game does not end. I end the turn, then AI does some moves and finally freezes at "Waiting for the other civilizations..." for an unlimited time.

Attachments

• Emperor Abd-ar-Rahman II. AD-1512 Turn 436 UHV3.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1 MB · Views: 41
And finally, when the UHV3 Moorish goal is ticked as completed, the game does not end. I end the turn, then AI does some moves and finally freezes at "Waiting for the other civilizations..." for an unlimited time.
That also happened to me a few weeks ago (in 1.15) . I did a few reloads and it seemed the bug was tied to a corsair. When it was sunk in that turn, the game froze. When it survived, I won normally.
Don't have that specific savegame anymore though, only from one round previous.

That also happened to me a few weeks ago (in 1.15) . I did a few reloads and it seemed the bug was tied to a corsair. When it was sunk in that turn, the game froze. When it survived, I won normally.
Don't have that specific savegame anymore though, only from one round previous.

Thanks for the tip! That was it. I deleted all (few) corsairs in the Atlantic and next to London which were threatened constantly, ended the turn and got a message about winning the UHV immediately.
So, Leoreth, some corsair (my bet is on the London group) is causing that bug in the save above. Interesting no problems happened when collecting these 4,500 gold, just when it was over.

Curious, but that's very helpful, looking into it.

Zombie Longbowman. Here I have Italians and I am in a war with Spanish. Spanish Longbow is on a hill 1W of Florence. I have 1 longbow in Florence which I got when Venice flipped to me from HRE. I attack his Longbow with my Longbow and message says my Longbow has died (Quick combat ON). However, he is reborn immediately with the full strength! I can attack again and kill him this time. Perhaps HRE has made soldiers with extra lives...
When I tried to attack him with a trebuchet first, the treb died and the second attack by Longbow caused just a withdraw, which apparently works correctly.

Attachments

• rodnok AD-1175 Turn 363 Longbowman.CivBeyondSwordSave
    725 KB · Views: 33
Is that shortly after your spawn?

There is a mechanic that will restore defeated units in your core if your spawn is opposed.

Seems Impi do not trigger "enemy sighted" reports.

Currently playing Byzantium in the 600 AD scenario. I founded Aegyptus to get access to the Elephant resource so that I could build War Elephants, but my focus is in the north - I only look south when there's reason to. My Camp has twice been pillaged by Impi. There was no warning issued: the first notice I had each time was "a camp was destroyed by a rampaging Impi". It almost happened a third time just now - Aegyptus finished a unit and while tending to it I noticed a red-circled Impi standing on the Marsh south of the city inside my cultural borders. That shouldn't happen without a warning being issued.

Fortunately the just completed unit was a Pikeman (double the Impi's strength, +50% against Melee) and he is now permanently fortified on the Camp, but of course, the Impi avoided fighting him and pillaged another improvement instead. This can gradually white-ant the city. It's unnecessarily tedious and downright irritating having to manually scroll down to Aegyptus every turn just to scan for Impi when the game should be warning me they're there. I have units stationed in Aegyptus that can destroy Impi as soon as they leave Rhye's Marshland Impi Runway (they are untouchable while on the Marsh and I'm pretty sure that's exactly why those six Marsh tiles are there, regardless of whatever rubbish geographical reason may be provided) - if I know they're coming.

Edited to add - nuisance worked around, for now, using a cheat. Used WB to give the guard Pikemen some special promotions (e.g. Sentry for extra visibility), stationed one at each north corner of the Marshland, and set them on sentry instead of fortifying, so that they activate when Impi come near and the camera flies down to focus on them. The two super-powered guard units can't enter the Marsh but they now spot Impi several tiles away and attack them when they reach the edge of the Marsh, before they reach my agricultural lands. Being Pikemen they're too strong for Impi to attack successfully even when not fortified. It's not ideal but it's better than those rage-inducing "your camp was destroyed by a rampaging Impi that I couldn't be bothered to warn you about in time for you to do anything to stop it" messages.

Last edited:
None of my six Middle East cities (Jerusalem, Trebizond, Konya, Tabriz, Baghdad, Damascus) fell to the Turks, yet Ottomans spawn next turn. Shiraz did, but that should be out of range.

EDIT: They didn't flip Konya, so I presume they actually spawned as a result of Byzantium collapsing in 1285 AD? Not sure, but it sure doesn't look like a normal spawn.

That's interesting. I too thought Shiraz was out of range. But then, I usually capture it anyway to have a Zoroastrian city to build the Mausoleum. I haven't already captured it in my current game, so I'll leave it and see what happens. I'm nearly at the Seljuk spawn and once their second wave is gone after 1070 I guess I can hit Enter a bunch of times to see what happens in 1280. Could still be a while (I usually play DoC on Marathon nowadays).

Last edited:
Unable to switch permanently to Colombia upon spawn on the latest revision by pressing "Yes" to the prompt. The civ-switch UI also follows the old 'beige' Yes/No rather than the new green dots No/Yes. Guessing that's the problem (from my USA play, I know Argentina has the latter, and Mexico and Colombia the former), with the respawn civs having been overlooked when the civ-switch UI was changed to put No as the default. Attached an Argentine save one turn before Colombia spawns.

Attachments

• San Martin AD-1814 Turn 359.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1.1 MB · Views: 89
That is probably the case, yes.

Oh? So I didn't mess up while merging then? I guess that teaches me not to test with Greek Autoplay to India on DOC and a Congo save to Iran on QMC.

I guess I was so certain I messed something up that it didn't even occur to me that the new flip system was at fault and not my horrible knowledge of how TortoiseGit works.

Good to know who was at fault.

Top Bottom