Bug Reports and Technical Issues

It could be. Do you still have a save from before winning the game so I can see for myself?

P.S. In this game with the mexicans i'm changed for a previosly game with the spanish, game on which i also win for UHV. Will be this cause of the bug?

To my acknowledge because you won your spanish game, you will not get another "winning screen" with mexicans. The game just keeps going and going and going..

Oh, I misread that part. I think I know how to enable a victory again for the second civ.

This evening, I started testing the most recent changes; downloaded today. When loading the 600 AD scenario, I get:
"Failed to read wordlbuilder file "<path>\beyond the sword\mods\rfc dawn of civilization\privatemaps\rfc 600 ad.sivbeyondswordwbsave".

(<path> just means my installation directory and is not part of the error message)

The scenarios 3000 BCE and 1700 AD seem to work, however, so it doesn't stop me.

(EDIT: Sorry for not being able to read... :lol:)

Last edited:
This evening, I started testing the most recent changes; downloaded today. When loading the 600 AD scenario, I get:
"Failed to read wordlbuilder file "<path>\beyond the sword\mods\rfc dawn of civilization\privatemaps\rfc 600 ad.sivbeyondswordwbsave".

(<path> just means my installation directory and is not part of the error message)

The scenarios 3000 BCE and 1700 AD seem to work, however, so it doesn't stop me.

The answer is here:
https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/welcome-to-dawn-of-civilization.533861/
"I downloaded the Git repo as a ZIP file, now when I try to start a scenario it quits with the message "failed to read world builder file"
This may affect one or more scenarios and is unfortunately a consequence of how Github creates its ZIP files, so I cannot do anything about it. To fix the problem, get Notepad++ and open the scenario file ("open with Notepad++"), then choose Edit -> EOL Conversion -> Windows.

I'm curious though, why is only one scenario affected?

I have no idea, to be honest.

Is there any requirements other than renewable energy and desert tile to build a solar collector? I can't seem to build one.

Oh, there's an error in the improvement definition that makes it requires a feature. Fix coming soon.

Don't know if this was noticed, but the city name overlay for settlers seems to have bugged recently. It displays the city name in the same line as the terrain type, right before it and with no separation from it:
CNN overlay bug.jpg

Oh I noticed this too, but forgot to fix.

Question about The Great Mausoleum-wonder. It gives you +50% golden age...so with epic speed it should be 18 turns, right. Just to be sure, is it now so that only a....ööö...eh...well that old pre-christian religion can maintain that effect if it is your state religion? So even you control that wonder, but with "wrong" state religion there is no +50% effect?

No wonder effect is tied to the wonder requirements, they are only relevant when building the wonder.

Spoiler Cultural arithmetic :
Civ4ScreenShot0047.JPG

Notice how Culture index shows 22.5 (without 30% civ modifier), while actual generated culture is 29.25. Is this how we want to things to be displayed? And do we have a documentation on which civ gets what modifier? How is it determined anyway.

Also please correct the "take X gold and spare city" message. It's not take -- it is pay off your troops to spare the city.

Last edited:
22.5 is the unmodified culture (15 * 1.5), apparently the modifier is not applied in this part of the display.

Spoiler Curious case of American Settlers :
Civ4ScreenShot0049.JPG

Loaded Canada from 3000 BC and discovered 2 confused American Settlers near Denver. I think AI had them from the start (starting units were not updated to Pioneers?) and AI America does not know what to do with Settlers because their Settler is Pioneer.

While playing a tibetan game, I managed to complete the two first Historical Objectives, but in 1222, I can't advance to the next turn, and I don't know why ^^'

Attachments

• Lobsang Gyatso AD-1222 Turn 724.CivBeyondSwordSave
    775.5 KB · Views: 29
From before the latest Git update that broke savegame compatibility.

Congresses just aren't happening. I once got a popup about a post-war one, but it never happened. I've added a couple turns to the congress timer, and nothing happened. I built that congress wonder. Nothing happened.

Attachments

• forleorethtocheck.CivBeyondSwordSave
    2.2 MB · Views: 155
- clarified spare city option text

Looks like we have thrown the baby out with the bathwater! Spare the city option got eliminated altogether! :sad:

No. Maybe you just can't afford to spare the city?

Top Bottom