Bug Reports and Technical Issues

There was something really weird going on in this game, basically there was a Mongol ghost unit near the Russian border that shouldn't exist anymore and the game crashed when it tried to interact with something. I have no clue what caused this and kind of hope it was a fluke, but I'll keep my eyes out in the future. For the moment, I got rid of the unit and advanced your save to the next turn, so you should be able to continue from here.
Thanks so much, I'll try it and tell you what happened next !

Yes, here's a save one turn prior to finishing researching Cartography.
The caravel is actually unrelated to what happens, instead the Spanish have contacted you on the coast of South America:
Spoiler :
Civ4ScreenShot0398.JPG

There still were the Python errors you mentioned, which will be fixed with the next update.

My bad. With your fixes of those errors, would the Spanish have received conquerors and the third historical goal would've failed?

The Spanish would not have received conquerors since they cannot see your territory, but the goal would have failed because it only requires them to have discovered America when you meet them.

I'll add this to the AI issues pile.
Not sure if this needs to go there as well... I mean in old good days one could only trade strategic resource while possessing one only if that resource was used by some kind of corporation. Why would Turks give me so much for a Horse if they have plenty of those?

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0053.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0053.JPG
    152.8 KB · Views: 105
Not sure if this needs to go there as well... I mean in old good days one could only trade strategic resource while possessing one only if that resource was used by some kind of corporation. Why would Turks give me so much for a Horse if they have plenty of those?
Good question, it's probably the same root cause. Will check that scenario as well.

It is fixed. I posted this after the update. I have missed it when I was finishing the text. Sorry for the confusion.
No worries, just making sure that it's actually fixed, depending on what version you're on.

In the 1700AD scenario, there's a fishing boat improvement in the desert hill next to Isfahan.

But more importantly, it seems the starting units in it have a unit level of 0, instead of the regular 1. They are getting their first promotion with 1 XP, next one with 2 XP total. It's like them earning a free extra promotion, and having 2 instead of 1 of them by the time they reach level 2, while new units built or upgraded will start at level 1.

Hit enter and get an error appearing
SHA-1: 30b1d25141e0a6579705812f51e6c34e2cc4134c

Attachments

• Peter AD-0884 Turn 620.7z
    455.1 KB · Views: 83
There's a bunch of cities going 0 population after conquest. They don't even work the city tile so they literally have zero output.

third Russian UHV goals counts civilisations that have a communist dynamic name

The code uses gc.isCommunist() a few times instead of dc.isCommunist().

*Screenshot
Civ4ScreenShot0032.JPG
English ship with a mast going all the way up to space.

*Save
There is a Dutch city in Norway with 0 population.
This happens a lot of time.

Attachments

• Frederick AD-1864 Turn 379.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1.4 MB · Views: 85
There's a bunch of cities going 0 population after conquest. They don't even work the city tile so they literally have zero output.
*Screenshot
View attachment 520077
English ship with a mast going all the way up to space.

*Save
There is a Dutch city in Norway with 0 population.
This happens a lot of time.
Does this happen to cities immediately after conquest or after a while with the gradual population reduction? Can you show me a save from before the conquest of a city where this happens?

The espionage advisor replacement from BUG doesn't seem to work correctly for consulting info. Maybe it's something wrong I'm doing, but when looking an opponent in it, the only espionage cost info that can appear is that for the first city in the list. It appears selected in light blue, and clicking other cities does not update the info displayed, as if only that first city can remain selected. Even clicking the Go To or Examine City buttons will take you to that first city, instead of the one you have highlighted.

Republic only grants one scientist slot. Although, I've only tried the civic briefly in the ancient era, so I don't know if the other slots function correctly later?

That's (probably) intentional, one caveat to the effect that didn't fit into the description is that you have to unlock at least one building that provides it.

Got CTD loading Turks from 3000 BC scenario. Let's try it again.

Top Bottom