Bug Reports and Technical Issues

When a civ is reborn to another civ, the declaration of war can cause the old civ to collapse. This means that that civ's vassals are then at war with a new civ for what seems like essentially no reason—the master died right after declaring war.

I've seen this with Mongolia a couple times. China comes back, Mongolia declares war, Mongolia collapses, and then Korea and others end up at war with China. Is it possible to change the order of events to fix this somehow?

Edit: And in the situation prompting this, Korea then capitulated to Russia the next turn.

can't play any civ that starts later than turn 0 in any scenarios.
An error appears, the autoplay won't progress, and when I press ESC i am defeated.
Civ4ScreenShot0072.JPG

can't play any civ that starts later than turn 0 in any scenarios.
An error appears, the autoplay won't progress, and when I press ESC i am defeated.
View attachment 520708
I've seen this bug, but for me it does not occur consistently. Some games that I start go on without error. So maybe you can try again.

The fact that this bug does not occur reliably is why I haven't been able to fix it yet, because it's impossible to force the error when trying to work on it. I'm a bit closer to a solution now though.

Another crash on turn end

PS Any luck in fixing the last crash I had?

Attachments

• Akbar AD-1835 Turn 366.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1.6 MB · Views: 109
Nope, I'm currently tracking down general bugs using the debug DLL and that's kind of time intensive, so the bug backlog is currently building up.

City raze bug again with the latest version.
Barcelona won't be destroyed
Can you upload a save from before conquering the city?

Another crash on turn end

PS Any luck in fixing the last crash I had?
No crash here for me, but I can confirm it for your earlier save. In this game, a congress was coming up right after that took a while to resolve, maybe that's the issue.

No crash here for me, but I can confirm it for your earlier save. In this game, a congress was coming up right after that took a while to resolve, maybe that's the issue.
It's still crashing for me. I end the turn and the window closes a few moments later. Can't find the process in task manager.

I suppose that's due to insufficient memory then.

Would the Creator of this Mod check if everything is in order with the First satellite-anarchy? USA makes it first, but is Canada falling into anarchy... :confused:

The developing version is downloaded about a month ago and it has the earlier bugfix with the first satellite. This request of mine is just to be sure :thumbsup:

Attachments

• Augustus Caesar AD-1967 Turn 655.CivBeyondSwordSave
    2.5 MB · Views: 22
Would the Creator of this Mod check if everything is in order with the First satellite-anarchy? USA makes it first, but is Canada falling into anarchy... :confused:

The developing version is downloaded about a month ago and it has the earlier bugfix with the first satellite. This request of mine is just to be sure :thumbsup:
Can you find out a more precise date? For example from file dates?

Im afraid I dont have the save anymore..
Too bad, if anyone encounters issues with razing cities again please always include the save before the city is conquered.

There is a lonely forgotten Spanish Arquebusier in Argentina in 1700 AD scenario.:sniper:

I keep crashing when I end my turn. Autosave before and of the crash.
The crash was caused by a ghost unit again. Still no clue about the cause of the crash, but I removed the offending unit from the game and advanced it to the next turn.

Attachments

• Mehmed II AD-1330 Turn 254.CivBeyondSwordSave
    761.1 KB · Views: 125
Top Bottom