Bug Reports and Technical Issues

What do you mean? If you build an air unit it starts with 15 xp even when it should start with more? A save where the problem is present may help.

What do you mean? If you build an air unit it starts with 15 xp even when it should start with more? A save where the problem is present may help.

In my case, Civics, wonders and other bonuses should give 17XP for air units, but it comes without any XP at all. How can I attach civ4 game save on this forum?

Right next to "post reply" there is an "upload a file" button, BtS saves can simply be uploaded there without any further archiving.

Hey, any insight why I might be getting this message when trying to pull/switch/fetch different branches?

Spoiler :
git.exe pull --progress -v --no-rebase "https://github.com/dguenms/Dawn-of-Civilization.git" develop
error: cannot open .git/FETCH_HEAD: Permission denied
git did not exit cleanly (exit code 1) (125 ms @ 6/13/2019 10:56:36 AM)

Okay, I got it.

You can produce 1 Jet fighter in any city and check it out. The game played on 1.16 publish version.

Attachments

• Washington AD-1984-January Turn 1356.CivBeyondSwordSave
    2.5 MB · Views: 98
The user you're running the git client with probably does not have permission to write in the folder the repo is located (especially in case it's Program Files). Try running the client as administrator.

The user you're running the git client with probably does not have permission to write in the folder the repo is located (especially in case it's Program Files). Try running the client as administrator.
I tried running as administrator same error. I looked it up only and it said the git.exe must not be marked to run as administrator. But it won't let me leave the git.exe path empty.

EDIT: Got it, and the map branch up and running. All good!

Last edited:
In the official v1.16 the iranians can only be played in the 1700 AD scenario. But they have historical goals that needs to be completed in 1650AD. Thus they need to be added to the 600AD scenario.

In the official v1.16 the iranians can only be played in the 1700 AD scenario. But they have historical goals that needs to be completed in 1650AD. Thus they need to be added to the 600AD scenario.
They are playable in the 600 AD scenario, but due to civ slot issues they can only be played if you start as Congo, wait 10 or so turns, and accept the civ switch dialogue.

This exact same issue exists with Mexico and Colombia in the 1700 AD scenario.

They cannot be added to ealier scenarios for technical reasons that are among things being addressed by the 1.17 roadmap (though I forgot to call this aspect out there specifically). But you can still play as Iran in any other scenario by starting as another civilisation and switching to them when they spawn. The same applies for Mexico and Colombia.

They cannot be added to ealier scenarios for technical reasons that are among things being addressed by the 1.17 roadmap (though I forgot to call this aspect out there specifically). But you can still play as Iran in any other scenario by starting as another civilisation and switching to them when they spawn. The same applies for Mexico and Colombia.

They are playable in the 600 AD scenario, but due to civ slot issues they can only be played if you start as Congo, wait 10 or so turns, and accept the civ switch dialogue.

This exact same issue exists with Mexico and Colombia in the 1700 AD scenario.

This workaround is better then nothing :)
Yet, the first turn which the AI now do is sometimes very important part of the a strategy.

Last edited:
Spoiler :
Civ4ScreenShot0002.JPG

Stumbled upon this strange Ottoman stability map in the new 1.16 version. Is this intentional? Looking through the Maps folder, part of the Caspian Sea and (what I think is) Kazan is also historical for the Ottomans.

Attachments

• Turkey.png
    Turkey.png
    4.7 KB · Views: 256
Two small things again:

In some rare cases, it's possible to have a yield of 10 [food/hammers/commerce] or even more, when effects really start to stack. Let's say a riverside iron plains hill mine, that got the "tin event", and in the late game experiences a golden age. The graphics still symbolize that as just one anvil (5 hammers), not two anvils. Is it possible to change that, showing two stacked anvils?

Spoiler Example screenshot for a +10 commerce plot. :
Civ4ScreenShot0125.JPG
on that note, a neatly split German-Portuguese Africa :)

Spoiler The next graphic bug is in the financial advisor. :
I think that it's the "Buildings (2)" which are the problem. Lump the Stock Exchange and the Cenral Bank into the same category, rename it "Special Buildings", and we're done? Anyway, why list the Market, the Bank and the Warehouse, but not the Mall and the Logistics Center?
Civ4ScreenShot0124.JPG

Two small things again:

In some rare cases, it's possible to have a yield of 10 [food/hammers/commerce] or even more, when effects really start to stack. Let's say a riverside iron plains hill mine, that got the "tin event", and in the late game experiences a golden age. The graphics still symbolize that as just one anvil (5 hammers), not two anvils. Is it possible to change that, showing two stacked anvils?

Spoiler Example screenshot for a +10 commerce plot. :
View attachment 526756 on that note, a neatly split German-Portuguese Africa :)
I don't know if it's possible to change, but I will make a note and ask around.

Spoiler The next graphic bug is in the financial advisor. :
I think that it's the "Buildings (2)" which are the problem. Lump the Stock Exchange and the Cenral Bank into the same category, rename it "Special Buildings", and we're done? Anyway, why list the Market, the Bank and the Warehouse, but not the Mall and the Logistics Center?View attachment 526757
Not sure what is going on, but it's possible that buildings that yield a negligible amount aren't listed separately. I can look into the code later.

Not sure what is going on, but it's possible that buildings that yield a negligible amount aren't listed separately. I can look into the code later.

I think it is because they provide gold with access to power, instead of a normal modifier. I will make a PR with a fix.

Ah good find, thanks.

I think it is because they provide gold with access to power, instead of a normal modifier. I will make a PR with a fix.
This would also be why they don't show their actual yield in the menu where you select things for your city to produce (i.e. a Market will show '+25% gold' and '+2.02 gold', for example, which is a feature of BUG, but the buildings that require power don't show the actual yield).

Yields of 10 are sufficiently not rare (wonders, improvements with railroads / highways, civics) that they should be properly displayed on the map, in my opinion.

Oh yeah, I wasn't disputing that in my post. I'm just not sure if I can fix it.

This would also be why they don't show their actual yield in the menu where you select things for your city to produce (i.e. a Market will show '+25% gold' and '+2.02 gold', for example, which is a feature of BUG, but the buildings that require power don't show the actual yield).

This should be a similar fix. I will include it in the PR.

Yields of 10 are sufficiently not rare (wonders, improvements with railroads / highways, civics) that they should be properly displayed on the map, in my opinion.

I'm not 100% sure, but I think this is in the graphics engine. If that is the case, it cannot be fixed unfortunately.

Top Bottom