Bug Reports and Technical Issues

You seem to have a conflict in this file, easiest way to resolve is to delete it and update again. Some of your local settings may be affected.

The files seem to differ little besides a 2 extra empty space at the end... Deleting it and then doing update doesn't add the file o.o

Reverting the file solved it lol.

Toshkent isn't even on the map in that save, are you sure it's the right one?

Toshkent is called "Bishnat" or something like that before the flip to Turkmen. It's the city north of Samarkand.

But don't bother to look. I downloaded the save I had uploaded and there's no Solar Plant in it. And I don't have another copy of that save because I thought that after uploading it I wouldn't need it anymore.

I don't know WtF is going on, and I'm about ready to swear off reporting errors. They never reproduce for you and I'm tired of pestering you with them.

Sorry, have you tried reinstalling the mod? There seems to be something fundamentally wrong on your end. I wish I could help you more.

I appreciate the help and concern, and I agree that it's on my end. My computer is ten years old and is still running the exact same Windows XP installation that I Bootcamped onto it (I'm on a Mac laptop) at that time. [The only reason I keep that installation is so I can play DoC; otherwise I never fire it up.] Could it be that DoC is just far enough beyond my laptop's capabilities to cause issues without becoming absolutely incompatible? I haven't had the same problems to the same degree with RFC Classical World; maybe I will try some of the other RFC mods to see how they handle it.

I don't think it can be a reinstallation thing. I've moved on from 1.1.6 to the development version, and am downloading each update as you roll them out, so I've already done some "reinstallations."

Eventually I am going to get a new laptop. (I am currently saving up for one, and am aiming to get a new machine early next year.) Maybe we'll see then.

EDIT: It occurs to me that the file I uploaded and then downloaded again was a 1.16 game, but I opened it in the development version when I looked to confirm that the Solar Plant was there. Could that make a difference to the Solar Plant's being there? I don't have 1.16 anymore—my XP installation takes up minimal disk space, and I can't afford to have more than a few gigantic mods on my computer—so it would be very difficult for me to check. I would have to download and reinstall 1.16 all over again.

Last edited:
Fairly minor, but the El Escorial wonder mentions acquiring colonies "in the New World" even when those colonies are in Asia and Africa.

EDIT: It occurs to me that the file I uploaded and then downloaded again was a 1.16 game, but I opened it in the development version when I looked to confirm that the Solar Plant was there. Could that make a difference to the Solar Plant's being there? I don't have 1.16 anymore—my XP installation takes up minimal disk space, and I can't afford to have more than a few gigantic mods on my computer—so it would be very difficult for me to check. I would have to download and reinstall 1.16 all over again.
I don't think that's possible. Saves will directly translate between those versions which almost do not differ at all.

I'm really worried that you're still running Windows XP though, from a security perspective alone that's really dangerous. I hope you're able to get a new laptop soon.

Hi,
With the turks i observed 2 bugs :
- You can't enroll barbarian Keshik with the unique power (they disappear unstead of joining the civ) ;
- The second UHV is does'nt work properly (i get a city on china area and a city on mediterranean coast, with a road to connect them)(I not sure the city mediterranean have Silk road, but it's not said that the silk road have to spread).

I'm really worried that you're still running Windows XP though, from a security perspective alone that's really dangerous. I hope you're able to get a new laptop soon.

I don't go near the internet using my XP installation; it's not even set up to connect. I launch Civ IV/DoC, and that's all when I'm over there. Everything else I do on the Mac side of things, including coming here.

Hi,
With the turks i observed 2 bugs :
- You can't enroll barbarian Keshik with the unique power (they disappear unstead of joining the civ) ;
- The second UHV is does'nt work properly (i get a city on china area and a city on mediterranean coast, with a road to connect them)(I not sure the city mediterranean have Silk road, but it's not said that the silk road have to spread).
Can you show a concrete example of the second issue?

Does not reproduce for me.
This kind of reproduces for me, but do mind that I'm playing with wine. I'm getting a python error on end turn with both saves, no CtD though. I think I've posted this before, as it used to make the game unplayable until the most recent versions, but here is the python error log anyways:
Spoiler :

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "BugEventManager", line 400, in _handleDefaultEvent
File "CvRFCEventHandler", line 650, in onBeginGameTurn
File "RiseAndFall", line 915, in checkTurn
File "Stability", line 1524, in checkResurrection
File "Stability", line 1696, in doResurrection
File "RFCUtils", line 1925, in flipOrCreateDefenders
File "RFCUtils", line 1890, in flipUnits
File "RFCUtils", line 1895, in flipUnit
RuntimeError: unidentifiable C++ exception

I don't think I can help much further, since I have no idea what the unidentifiable C++ exception could be. Also, I always thought this bug was an issue in wine, so now that it's appeared on XP as well I'm really confused.

That happens quite often. When a save reproduces this reliably, let me check.

Does someone know where the "what civs would you like to see added to DoC?" thread is and link me? Forum search does not like its very simple keywords.

Two questions, one about defensive pacts and another about city bombardment:

I can't remember if this is the way Defensive Pacts always worked, or if it was intentionally changed in the mod, but here's what happened:

I (Japan + vassals) have defensive pacts with England, Colombia, and Brazil. I want to declare war on Spain, who is in a defensive pact with France. I previously thought that being the aggressor instantly dissolved your own defensive pacts, but in this case I declared war on Spain, which prompted France to declare war on me, and then unexpectedly England, Colombia, and Brazil all declared war on France and Spain as well. This seems a bit counter-intuitive to me because it means I can intentionally pull a whole bunch of civs into wars as long as I have a target with a defensive pact, but against a target without any defensive pacts they would stay out of it, and the same would apply to me. For example, England could've declared war on France, prompting Spain to declare on England, which would then bring in my Japan. That sounds a lot more like a broad military alliance, not just a defensive pact.

Secondly, and perhaps this is just an unfortunate side effect of allowing cities to be spaced more closely, a siege unit placed adjacent to two cities will reduce both cities' defenses when ordered to bombard.

Last edited:
Both working as intended.

Got it, thanks. The world just descended into a truly messy web of wars due to this interaction, in such a way that I couldn't really predict who would end up facing off against who, and some very odd bedfellows came as a result. I have to say that this mechanic takes me a bit out of playing the game, as the results don't seem realistic and I have to spend a lot of time on the map and diplo screen just figuring out the new state of affairs and where I'm supposed to send troops.

The World Congress voted to assign one of my cities back to the Dutch, with England and the United States (and some others) voting in favor of this development. I then refused the decision, prompting all of them to declare war against me. However, going into the Congress I had had defensive pacts with both England the United States, which led to them declaring war on the Netherlands in the same breath. This then triggered additional waves of defensive pact wars, and the end result is that a lot of civs are now at war with other civs that they had signed defensive pacts with, because of other defensive pacts. Thankfully I'm somewhat insulated from this due to all of my vassals, but the poor Dutch are now at war with 13 civs, over a city that some of those very civs voted to assign back to the Dutch :D. It'll be interesting to see how things shake out and if my Trans-Pacific Partnership stays intact, but I wouldn't be surprised if a bunch of European civs end up collapsing in the chaos that lies ahead.

That's actually a good point, civs should probably cancel their defensive parts before declaring war on you if it's over a congress decision.

Top Bottom