1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Bug Reports and Technical Issues

Discussion in 'Rhye's and Fall - Dawn of Civilization' started by Leoreth, Sep 11, 2014.

1. Leoreth

Leoreth 心の怪盗団 Moderator

Yeah, but more likely I never considered whaling boats when creating this unit.

1SDAN and Zaddy like this.
  2. Zaddy

Zaddy Warlord

Yeah, I was sorta thinking it was an oversight. No big deal!

3. 1SDAN

1SDAN Brother Lady

The Map branch crashes when I try to load it. I'm on Linux. The develop branch works perfectly fine.

4. Zaddy

Zaddy Warlord

The first Moorish UHV goal says to control three cities in the Maghreb and conquer two cities in Iberia and West Africa, but the last two requirements actually require you to continue to control the cities directly (not even through vassal) after. To me, the wording heavily implies that you need only conquer them and not continue to control the cities. Could the wording be changed to something like "Control three cities in the Maghreb and two cities in Iberia and North Africa" or something similar to eliminate this confusion?

5. Zaddy

Zaddy Warlord

Russia had previously declared war on Austria, and I independently attacked Austria in a separate war. I then negotiated for Russia to make peace with Austria, which caused a post-war congress to occur, forcing me to make peace with Austria and participate in the congress, even though I wasn't part of the Russian-Austrian war. Is this intended?

6. Leoreth

Leoreth 心の怪盗団 Moderator

Yes.

7. EdmundIronside

EdmundIronside Prince

A few minor possible bugs. In my game the Aztecs were wiped out the same year they spawned. The Ottomans exclusively campaigned south into the Middle East rather than west into Greece & Europe, which seems to go against what they did in history at least in the first few centuries (though I might just be bitter here as I was the Arabs who they pummeled)! Finally when the Turks were resurrected as the Timurids, Tamerlane wasn't their leader.

8. Vectors

Vectors Prince

As the US, the French are flipping Boston and I don't get notified (last git version on develop)

Attached Files:

Leoreth likes this.
  9. Leoreth

Leoreth 心の怪盗団 Moderator

What kind of flip?

10. Vectors

Vectors Prince

I'm not even sure, at the beginning of the turn it is mine, by my next turn starting it is French, zero notification.

Leoreth likes this.
  11. Leoreth

Leoreth 心の怪盗団 Moderator

Okay, weird. I'll figure it out.

12. Zaddy

Zaddy Warlord

Hello,

ending the attached turn CTDs for me.

edit: not sure how helpful this is to you, but deleting the Spanish stack outside Constantinople resolves the issue

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 13, 2020
    Leoreth likes this.
  13. 1SDAN

1SDAN Brother Lady

Crash on turn end. Wine on Linux.

Attached Files:

Leoreth likes this.
  14. Theophilos

Theophilos Chieftain

Is there a way to make a shortcut manually for this mod? I selected to make a shortcut at instillation but none occurred, and going in BTS to load the mod, for some reason it takes about 1 min seemingly idle at desktop before it finally loads

running the instillation exe also took a minute before responding

I will try uninstalling and reinstalling with administrator

15. DarkLunaPhantom

DarkLunaPhantom Prince Supporter

Yes, make a shortcut for Civ4BeyondSword.exe and add mod="\RFC Dawn of Civilization" at the end of the shortcut target path (right click -> Properties).

1SDAN likes this.
  16. Leoreth

Leoreth 心の怪盗団 Moderator

Turn takes a bit longer than usual but completes without issue for me. Here is the next turn if you still need it.

Attached Files:

17. Vectors

Vectors Prince

The game uses different numbers for in city culture screen and tile culture, draft culture and stability penalty appear to both be from the tile, not the in city culture threshold

Attached Files:

18. Leoreth

Leoreth 心の怪盗団 Moderator

Yeah, that's the way it works.

19. Vectors

Vectors Prince

Where is this explained to the player?

20. Theophilos

Theophilos Chieftain

Hello, with tributary does it mean that for each city a vassal of yours owns, it will add one base commerce to capital (tile)?

I tried testing by giving a vassal a city, and it did not effect my capitol's base commerce anywhere or in any way, while running tributary civic.

Is there a different way this is implimented or should I supply a save as possible bug?