Bug Reports and Technical Issues

Yes, noted.

Hello, maybe I don't understand what "Create a Great Work" action of the Great Artist does in the newest Git version / DoC in general, but in my game I just tried to culture bomb a city via this and I believe I received the "<city-name>'s borders have expanded" message but the culture counter of the city did not increase at all.

In vanilla this gives a large amount of culture to the city where the action took place.

Am I missing something here?

Last edited:
There is currently a bug in which reconquered cities don’t seem to be able to grow any culture, maybe it is related?

The city will grow culture every turn normally. The city wasn't reconquered either, I'm playing as Italy and the city is Venezia (inherited from Holy Rome upon start), unless that counts as reconquered.

Just enabled Python logging and no messages appeared. I went into World Builder and spawned a bunch of Great Artists and none of them gave the city culture.

Funny enough the Great Artists gave my other cities culture (one city I founded and two cities I conquered). It must just be a problem with Venezia.

I don't know this code base well but is there a place I can look for meta data regarding cities or the code that is executed regarding Great Artists? I could take a peak there and try to find the issue.

Last edited:
Please upload a save of the situation, preferably with a great artist ready to go.

Quick technical query: Is there a patch that has to be applied to the versions of Civ IV or BTS that are downloaded from Steam? I have a vague memory that there is supposed to be some kind of patch to the game.

(I finally got a new computer with Windows 10. Yeah, I know, you were really worried about me still running XP.)

Thanks!

Next question: Is there some way to make the game menus and buttons (the advisor buttons, etc.) bigger? At the moment, the menus are the size of a postage stamp, and the buttons are so small they're almost invisible. I've played with resolution and with graphic settings under Options, that only changes the screen size, not the size of the buttons within the screen. I have applied the 4GB Patch to raise the memory on my machine.

I don't think so, control over the actual UI elements is limited.

So everyone's playing with this issue? Okay, then! Misery loves company!

Thanks for the fast reply. It was the last thing on my checklist for setting up the new machine.

As I said in my query, I did change the resolution, and it made no difference to the buttons. Looking around the internet, particularly on Steam, it appears that a miniaturized UI is par for the course.

Maybe you just need smaller eyes.

For the record, here is what my Civ IV screen was looking like:

https://forums.civfanatics.com/thre...k-resolution-and-higher.539090/#post-13880939

For the record, I have found a compromise solution. 1SDAN had half of it--lower the resolution. The rest is that I have to exit full-screen mode and play in a window. It looks kind of grotty, but it's playable now.

I mention all this because I know everyone has been sleepless with worry over my graphics issues. And because--who knows--it might help someone else eventually.

In my French game 3000BC epic my core city Angers has a massive barbarian culture penalty (18 000 barb culture) and it is causing lots of angry faces :lol:. I did not built that city, it was flipped. Version is 1.6.1.

upload_2020-1-25_7-54-51.png
upload_2020-1-25_8-8-4.png
Also a random save is attached as well as a starting save.

Attachments

• Louis XIV AD-0752 Turn 297.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1.1 MB · Views: 97
  • Louis XIV AD-1937 Turn 625.CivBeyondSwordSave
    2.5 MB · Views: 82
Last edited:
Great spy experience progresses too slow (4/24) and spies don't get new experience from missions.

Attachments

• Ivan IV AD-1776 Turn 516.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1.9 MB · Views: 92
Hello, I receive a crash to desktop on the following turn.

Attachments

• AutoSave_AD-1340 Turn 396.CivBeyondSwordSave
    842.3 KB · Views: 59
Top Bottom