Bug Reports and Technical Issues

The bug is known, but if you still have that save, please upload it so I have more potentially needed material to study. I will hopefully get to it soon, only crashes have a higher priority at the moment.

That said, culture of collapsed civilisations remaining present is a feature of the mod and intentional and (likely) unrelated to the issue.

The bug is known, but if you still have that save, please upload it so I have more potentially needed material to study. I will hopefully get to it soon, only crashes have a higher priority at the moment.

That said, culture of collapsed civilisations remaining present is a feature of the mod and intentional and (likely) unrelated to the issue.
Alright, here you have the first round, the one after the flip and the latest save where you can use 2 Great Artists.
Thanks.
Always interesting to come back to this game after a long pause.

Attachments

• Cavour AD-1165 Turn 361 START.CivBeyondSwordSave
    652.8 KB · Views: 72
  • Cavour AD-1180 Turn 364.CivBeyondSwordSave
    677.2 KB · Views: 63
  • Cavour AD-1420 Turn 413.CivBeyondSwordSave
    922.7 KB · Views: 74
Thanks, sorry that you had to come back to this annoying bug.

hello i just discovered this game mode and its history is excited. game mode opens but game maps do not appear (screenshot below) I can open and play the save files which other peoples share in the forum. can you help with the solution of the problem. thanks

by the way my privatemaps has 3 folder( RFC 600 AD, RFC1700 AD and RFC 3000 BC
upload_2020-2-18_18-4-58.png

Where is the mod installed? It needs to be under Beyond the Sword/Mods. What happens if you start the mod by double clicking one of the scenarios in the Private Maps folder? Please also take a look into the troubleshooting section in the first post of this thread.

Hello, I receive a crash to desktop on the following turn.
Fixed the crash, it was related to incorrect tile culture ownership. Here is a save that works, if you want to continue.

Attachments

• Louis XIV AD-1340 Turn 396.CivBeyondSwordSave
    848.2 KB · Views: 56
Hello,

ending the attached turn CTDs for me.

edit: not sure how helpful this is to you, but deleting the Spanish stack outside Constantinople resolves the issue
Works for me, I have attached the next turn. Are you on the latest version of the mod, i.e. git or 1.16.1 release? I have fixed a couple of crashes like this since 1.16.0.

Attachments

• Pacal II AD-1710 Turn 941.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1.9 MB · Views: 60
Fixed the crash, it was related to incorrect tile culture ownership. Here is a save that works, if you want to continue.

Thank you very much

I have been getting some crashes lately that were related to the file "ntdll.dll" according to the crash report. Just now it happened to me while playing Egypt. It puzzles me because it was in the early game and the game was running very smoothly. One turn before the crash I got some error message about track pointers or something and lost the ability to hover over units for info. What does ntdll.dll do and what could cause it to crash?

This DLL does not come from the mod, it's part of your Windows system. Issues with it seem to be very common, see here and here for troubleshooting approaches. I'd bet on issues with your drivers, maybe attempt upgrading your graphics card drivers etc.

I don't know if bug but i just wanted to say it just in case:

Playing as Tibet, I took the holy city of buddhism/hinduism and hinduism spread to the tibet capital by itself (which is under the "none" category for hinduism on the map)

the holy city had the religious wonder, a hindu temple, and monastery

I just wanted to state this in case the spreading might be bugged, I don't know if it is just how its intended. (it would make sense in normal civ rules for it to spread there, especially since the city is so close, but I assumed auto-spread only occurs in the mod at the historical/core/minority/periphery areas, and not at the "none" areas)

State religion was Buddhism.

-----

It really isnt much of a "problem" since they are classified as similar religion so I don't think they give unhappiness, it just triggered my roleplaying is all lol, and i guess it does lower buddhism % for uhv)

Makes sense in a historic lens. The Tibetan empire conquers the holy city of Hinduism, leading to increased interest in the religion in cities within the empire where there once was no interest.

Yep, it's because Buddhism tolerates Hinduism and therefore overrides the absense of Hinduism in the region. That's how the code works out right now, I don't think that was intended.

There is a loading hint that mentions the old Space Race victory conditions. (When the spaceship arrives at Alpha Centauri instead of launching) It should be updated to reflect the new conditions.

Playing the 1.16.2 release:

1. Whenever another civilization collapses, there are warnings about an auto-savefile with the civlization name which will be overwritten. Just annoying, nothing dramatic. Could that be a mis-configuration of my autosaves?

2. I'm playing Persians past their expiration date of 350 AD, and am running Clergy+Zoroastrism as my state religion. Zoroastrism disappears from cities in its core area, where I'm trying to run cities with fully developed state religion buildings. (Screenshot) Is that intended or should I hand over one-turn-before-save files?
If it is intended, I suggest modifying the URV for that religion because it will be a pain to keep reconverting cities and rebuilding the religion buildings every few turns. The URV wants Parsa to achieve Legendary Culture sometime in the Industrial Age, while upholding the religion spread of 10%.
Spoiler Screenshot :
Civ4ScreenShot0048.JPG

Playing the 1.16.2 release:

1. Whenever another civilization collapses, there are warnings about an auto-savefile with the civlization name which will be overwritten. Just annoying, nothing dramatic. Could that be a mis-configuration of my autosaves?
I had a hypothesis that the negative culture bug was trigger by collapses, so I let the game automatically generate save files when one occurs. If you play long enough, duplicate file names start coming up, creating this annoying prompt. I think this is no longer useful anymore though, and I should disable this shortly.

2. I'm playing Persians past their expiration date of 350 AD, and am running Clergy+Zoroastrism as my state religion. Zoroastrism disappears from cities in its core area, where I'm trying to run cities with fully developed state religion buildings. (Screenshot) Is that intended or should I hand over one-turn-before-save files?
If it is intended, I suggest modifying the URV for that religion because it will be a pain to keep reconverting cities and rebuilding the religion buildings every few turns. The URV wants Parsa to achieve Legendary Culture sometime in the Industrial Age, while upholding the religion spread of 10%.
Spoiler Screenshot :
No, that sounds wrong, religions should be able to hold on in their core and with state religion. I'll revisit this. I should also increase the amount of influence you have over keeping religions in your cities by building appropriate buildings.

No, that sounds wrong, religions should be able to hold on in their core and with state religion. I'll revisit this. I should also increase the amount of influence you have over keeping religions in your cities by building appropriate buildings.
Okay thanks for that quick reply, I can now use WB to reinstate the religion and its buildings without thinking that I'm cheating.

Just in case, a savegame of one turn before Z disappears from Nausharo.

Attachments

• Cyrus AD-0545 Turn 177.CivBeyondSwordSave
    539.7 KB · Views: 83
Hello Leo! Hope the code rewrite is going well. Exciting to bring that part of the game to a better state. :)

I have a rather puzzling occurrence here: After ending the attached turn, my city of Mauritistad (in Brazil) flips to the Portuguese. I had previously conquered it from them. My first thought was that it was flipping from culture, but the game mentions nothing about the city revolting to the Portuguese. In fact, the game totally ignores this occurrence and gives no explanation for why. The city was not previously undergoing unrest and revolts from cultural control and the culture toolbar in the city screen doesn't mention any chance of revolt. Is this working as intended?

Cheers!

Attachments

• Willem van Oranje AD-1795 Turn 1026.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1.9 MB · Views: 32
Are the Portuguese respawning? Otherwise I cannot think of an explanation for this. Definitely made a note to look into it.

Top Bottom