1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Bug Reports and Technical Issues

Discussion in 'Rhye's and Fall - Dawn of Civilization' started by Leoreth, Sep 11, 2014.

1. soul-breathing

soul-breathing King

The former autosave in 3000bc has been covered. These screenshots are from 600ad scenerio, Great Scientists added by WB.

Crimean Lord likes this.
  2. Hickman888

Hickman888 Chieftain

In my Japanese game, the following turn sees the respawn of Korea, despite the fact that I'm only at shaky stability.

Edit: I used Worldbuilder to fix the situation, and the same thing ended up happening several turns later. So I attached a save file of the second instance as well, to give you more to look at if needed.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 24, 2020
  3. Theophilos

Theophilos Warlord

Lancer has -25% city strength

Does city strength mean -25% defending a city AND attacking a city? I assume it means attack as well

But, when I set a lancer to attack a city, the strength indicator of 10 remains at 10, and there is a Green " - 25 % city strength " indicator, which does not seem to effect anything.

4. hnrysml

hnrysml Warlord

Maybe doesn't receive defence bonuses tag also means it doesn't receive defence maluses too?

5. Leoreth

Leoreth 心の怪盗団 Moderator

City strength means attack and defense. All combat modifiers are ultimately applied to the defender in Civ4, to make sure they mathematically cancel each other correctly.

6. Pulastro

Pulastro Chieftain

I'm getting the same problem. I have a normal version on my other desktop and it works fine. Having lost the original game, I got another one from Steam for my laptop and can't get the mod to work. I've tried the installer and Git versions, neither one works.

7. Leoreth

Leoreth 心の怪盗団 Moderator

I think one thing that I forgot to suggest back then is your privileges on that folder. Try to start Steam as Administrator and see if that changes things. Long term you may need to give your normal user rights to everything in the Mods directory.

8. Wessel V1

Wessel V1 Emperor

The American UHV states that the third goal (Epic game speed, 600AD start date) must be achieved by 1990AD (turn 432), though turn 432 does not correspond with 1990AD. It was great fun though, as you can see from the power rankings in green and the minimap. For some reasons there were 0 colonies in the USA, so I got to create my own setup. Canada was really inactive so I got all the good spots there too. The empire further extends to India, Brazil and Thailand and on top of that, one block from Amsterdam till the Ural.

Spoiler :

upload_2020-4-4_17-36-51.png

Leoreth likes this.
  9. Enyavar

Enyavar Prince

Public Welfare advertises "1 currency per excess happiness".
    However, I found that this is not entirely true: All cities with a low population but high happiness get 1 currency per base unhappiness. A few cities get 1 currency per excess happiness as expected. Most large, populated cities get some less currency than they should, with some exceptions where they get a little more currency than excess happiness.
    Spoiler Here is a montage of the results: :
    Montage_PublicWelfare.png

I'm also attaching a Savefile.

Attached Files:

Theophilos and Leoreth like this.
  10. Theophilos

Theophilos Warlord

I think I saw this happen in a playthrough as the thai because they have a UP doing this action, but I only kept one save from that playthrough after I finished the game. Looking at my old save, all the cities seemed correct, although my capital which had the emerald buddha (and thus no unhappiness) had:

22 population
    22 coins from happiness
    while it had over 30 happiness

but that is a very special case, since it has a wonder removing unhappiness. Just thought I would say that Thai might have the same code and the same problem (I just dont remember if i noticed it in regular cities besides when i had the emerald buddha)

I assumed it would make sense to calculate the coins based on how much unhappiness it would have if there was no emerald budda, but even still that wouldn't come to 22 coins

If I run into this bug with public welfare I will just say that it is some people using that taxpayer welfare unethically, and stealing money while sitting at home playing Civ 4 or something instead of contributing to society with it :) roleplay the bug away

11. Leoreth

Leoreth 心の怪盗団 Moderator

It's capped by population. Looks like "base unhappiness" has nothing to do with it.

Theophilos likes this.
  12. Enyavar

Enyavar Prince

Okay, thanks, that should be included in the description of the civic.

13. Imp. Knoedel

Imp. Knoedel Properly Paranoid Proletarian

Communist city renaming doesn't seem to be working, at least not for the human player, e.g. Sankt-Petersburg never changes its name to Leningrad on its own. I noticed this in my own modmod but verified it for DoC 1.16.2 and the most current development version with some quick worldbuilder tests.

Attached Files:

1SDAN and Leoreth like this.
  14. Akbarthegreat

Akbarthegreat Angel of Junil

So I've been having this issue for a while now, the game is very prone to crashing in the first turn or two of a game, when the resources on the map are loading. i.e. the map looks something like this, and when I move the cursor around the game crashes

Spoiler :

I've tried reducing graphics settings, but that doesn't help. I haven't faced this problem in any other mod, so could it be a memory issue? I have 8gb of ram though.

Besides, I installed DoC without any of the extras, could this problem be solved with VD maybe ?(wishful thinking, I know :D)

Aaand when I started as Japan, I faced the same early game lag, the game didn't crash, but I got this particular runtime exception:
    Spoiler :

15. Xfactor

Xfactor Chieftain

Hey Leo,

I've upgraded to 1.16.2 from the patch you've added here in the forums , but i noticed quite an annoying bug with tile yields - here is a screenshot below. Let me know if this is reported before I as didnt seem to find anything on it.

This is just an example - quarry 1W of Niwt-Rst yields 3 food and 3 coins as shown in the screen, but it's actually 3 food and 3 hammers and 1 coin.

So the bug from what i've found out - hammers are represented as coins while vieweing the screen with tile yields , while actual coins are not shown at all.

upload_2020-4-17_18-48-19.png

Check also the plantation build 1SE from the city on the incense - as shown apperently it yields nothing - not sure if this is though because i am missing a tech or something , still when you hoover over it with your mouse it shows that the tile yield is 6 coins as it normally should be, not none yield at all. (below screenshot)

upload_2020-4-17_18-50-43.png

From my understanding it's a visual bug , but it's quite an inconvenience. I tried toggling off and on the option but that doesnt fix it.

I've attached my save as well if this helps.

Last screenshot here as the visual bug seems to overlap tile yields - it's from a random save game on 1.16 (pre-update)

You see that the Stone Quarry on the English Isles is yielding 2 food and 6 coins , but actually it's 2 food 6 hammers 2 coins (as the hoover with the mouse says)

Meanwhile you can also see that the hammer's "anvil" icon seems to be overlapping with the others behind - check also the Sheep near dublin for instance.

So in general the bug seems to overlap icons on yields + mistakingly put coin icons for hammer yields + ignoring "actual" coin yields all together (check sea tiles for instance)

upload_2020-4-17_18-59-25.png

Last edited: Apr 17, 2020
  16. DanLT3

DanLT3 Chieftain

What maximum transport capacity does a Galley have?
    2? You wish!
    3? Nearly there!!
    4? Thats right!!!

Attached Files:

Enyavar, Leoreth and stillblackadder like this.
  17. Leoreth

Leoreth 心の怪盗団 Moderator

Do you know how this happened? How can I reproduce this?

18. Wessel V1

Wessel V1 Emperor

I think it's the creation of a slave unit on the attacker tile, it seems that Uxmal was attacked (the archer disappeared in the latter screenshot) amphibiously.

Enyavar, Leoreth, 1SDAN and 1 other person like this.
  19. Akbarthegreat

Akbarthegreat Angel of Junil

I apologize for digressing, but I reinstalled DoC, this time with VD and all the additional modules. And to my surprise, it worked. I played Russia till about 1700AD with no crash, and surprisingly quick turn times. But a couple of days later, while loading that game, the same issue is back :sad:

I get occasional exceptions like this:
    Spoiler :

Apart from that, if the game survives the first turn it usually plays smoothly. Has anyone else ever had similar issues?

20. Imp. Knoedel

Imp. Knoedel Properly Paranoid Proletarian

By "occasional", do you mean you get them when moving the cursor over a city bar shortly after loading a savegame? If this is the problem I think it is, it can be solved by reloading the save again.