1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Bug Reports and Technical Issues

Discussion in 'Rhye's and Fall - Dawn of Civilization' started by Leoreth, Sep 11, 2014.

1. Leoreth

Leoreth Friend Next Door Moderator

Hardware is almost irrelevant. The problem is that Civ4 only uses one core and maximum 4GB of RAM because of its outdated architecture. The best thing you can do is limit your RAM consumption that is unrelated to the game.

2. urbestfriend

urbestfriend Chieftain

I used to have the same issue, game crashing when I moved the camera too far from spawn. Turning off graphics paging in BUG options fixed the issue for me.

upload_2020-9-6_9-13-45.png

Gritzeldrei and Leoreth like this.
  3. Gritzeldrei

Gritzeldrei Warlord

Hmm maybe that could the cause of my issues. I installed the BUG mod from the forums to make things easier but it just made my game unstable. I think the BUG mod I downloaded has that option immediately causing my game to be unstable.

4. troubleshooting

troubleshooting Chieftain

Hey I’m trying to download it to use with my steam copy of Civ 4, I’ve done the troubleshooting suggestions in the 1st post and its not working, do I need to move the mod to a specific folder or rename it or anything? The error message says it’s not a valid mod. Forgive my ignorance, I’m very new to this sort of thing and am not terribly tech savvy. Thanks for any help you can render!

5. Leoreth

Is your mod in the correct directory? It needs to be in the Beyond the Swords/Mod folder. Also make sure its directory is named "RFC Dawn of Civilization" and there are not two levels of "RFC Dawn of Civilization" folders.

6. troubleshooting

I can go into BtS and load the mod. After about 5 minutes it’ll start to load the mod, then I get this error: “GFC Error, failed to initialize the primary control theme”, and then it crashes

Last edited: Sep 8, 2020
  7. Leoreth

Do you have additional modules installed?

8. troubleshooting

No, yesterday I downloaded Civ 4 & all the expansions, then downloaded DoC and ran into the problems above

9. Leoreth

What's your answer to my earlier questions?

10. Gritzeldrei

Gritzeldrei Warlord

Hello again. I may have encountered a bug where units randomly appear/ disappear at times.

The first case was with my china game where a random warrior appeared out of nowhere.

The second one is when the Mughals were able to capture a city so far a way from its land ( around at Alexandria).

My current game (the dutch) also experienced both of those problems. I have seen the Tamils conquering Jerusalem with their big army (I'm not sure whether this is a bug or this is some cool events in my game). I also see units disappear all of a sudden. In one case (which i have a save file for proof) a native unit approaching my city just vanished all of a sudden!! Has this problem been re-occurring?

Attached Files:

Leoreth likes this.
  11. troubleshooting

Oh yes sorry, I moved it to the beyond the sword mods folder. On mine “MODS” is all caps, idk if that makes a difference. The folder is already titled RFC Dawn Of Civilization, no dashes.

12. troubleshooting

Success! I had to move it out of the mygames BtS folder to the steam bts folder. Thank you for your patience!

Leoreth likes this.
  13. Leoreth

Please continue to collect saves where you see this happening.

14. Genghis Khaiser

Genghis Khaiser King

When will VD be compatible again with the newest version?

15. Leoreth

With the next release.

16. Malchar

Malchar Prince

Hi, I'm getting a crash to desktop after I advance to the next turn. The save file is attached.

This is v1.16 with no other mods. However, I did modify the XML to make Marines behave like Privateers. That edit had been working fine on its own, so I'm not sure if it's related.

Edit: I tried reverting the XML back to original, and the same problem is still happening. Also, the PythonErr.log is empty.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 14, 2020
    Leoreth likes this.
  17. Hickman888

Hickman888 Warlord

The Civilopedia for the Mali unique unit states that it can move through jungle, marsh, and rainforest, but it is not able to. Bug?
    Spoiler Kelobolo :
    20200916220253_1.jpg

Edit: Also came across this Python Exception the turn after building the University of Sankore. Not sure if it's related to that though.
    Spoiler Error :
    20200916224823_1.jpg
    Save is from two turns before.

Edit 2: Okay, last one! Settling my great prophet in my University of Sankore city doesn't trigger the golden age for me. Perhaps its related to the python exception?

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 17, 2020
    Leoreth likes this.
  18. merijn_v1

merijn_v1 Black Belt

He is talking about the strategy text in the history box at the bottom.

Hickman888 likes this.
  19. Dominus the Mentat

Dominus the Mentat Warlord

When I used the spy to steal a tech from the byzantines, my two spies have turned Great Spies and the espionage experience points became a negative value. Save attached (just use the spy to steal a tech from them to see the issue).

Edit: Its not only the Steal Tecnology mission that have this issue. When selected, Assassination and Influence Civics have this too.

Civ4ScreenShot0446.JPG

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 18, 2020
    Leoreth likes this.
  20. Zaddy

Zaddy Warlord

upload_2020-9-19_0-51-42.png

I don't think that name is quite right :)

Attached Files:

Leoreth and 1SDAN like this.